Marvels PSL sponsored log

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Marvels PSL sponsored log

This will be a short post just to make sure I'm not in violation or that this is the right place to put my log. I have been logging on PBB, brotherhood of pain and Iron mag the last couple months. PSL has asked me to expand the log here. As long as I'm not violating any rules I'll pick up on my current cycle and competition prep using PSL gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Checked in with the coach yesterday and looks like the only change is going to be going back to 2.5 hours of cardio daily. The main goal is to get off the extra glycogen and water I'm storing from my post show vacation of the 1st comp. I would also like to pull off maybe 1-2% more body fat. My local competition is gonna be pretty competitive in the LHW class as well.*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    827 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel3203 View Post
    2.5 hours of cardio daily
    WOW! That is a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quick Update

So only a few changes to current plan as we come down to the last 8 days of this contest season.

Cardio Ė 2.5 hours total so 75 mins twice a day. Intensity is varying, if I can go hard I do if I donít have it in me I do my best to burn as much as possible.

Lifting Ė 7 days a week hitting everything at least twice a week. Doing more of a low volume high frequency approach. The key now is to deplete glycogen stores to shed some weight for weigh ins.

Nutrition Ė no change 1811 kcal each day.

Gear Ė Tren Ace 80 mg ED, Masteron 150 mg EOD, Anavar 80 mg ED and just added in Winny (oral) 50 mg ED (first time running oral winny) all PSL products

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    WOW! That is a lot.
    Its always a war with my body to get conditioned. 2.5 hrs is my nuke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

So there isnít much going on change wise. Everything is holding constant so today is a training log entry. This was my last leg workout before the competition. I like to do the last leg workout on either Sunday or Monday before the show. And since it was the holiday we had to go to 24hr so of the exercise choices were limited but I feel like I still got a good workout in.*

Lying Leg Curl 5 x 15 50 60 80 80 80
    Adduction Machine 4 x 20 100 100 100
    Leg Extension 5 x 20 100 100 112.5 112.5 125 (partials done on every set)
    Single Leg Glute Kickback Machine 4 x 15 40 40 50 50
    Barbell Stiff Legged Dead 3 x 20 65 75 85
    Seated Leg Press 6 x 25 110 110 130 130 150 150

I took as short of rest periods as I could that wouldnít diminish my ability to do my next set. The goal was to eat up some glycogen stores without digging too deep of a whole from soreness because that could hurt my posing on Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

So the results are in:

I placed 1st in the open heavy weight class. I however lost the overall to the light heavyweight which I can honestly say he was 1-2% more conditioned and had more symmetry top to bottom. These are all things I know I need to work on so Iím still happy getting back into the overall pose down. Right now we are trying to figure out a strategy for my next steps.

But one thing is certain. I will be dropping my AAS to HRT/TRT levels over the next couple weeks to have a cruise phase and normalize bloods. This week my will have 400 mg of Test Cyp and 100 mg of Test Prop and next week that will drop to just 400 mg of Test Cyp. I will be using 2-4 ius of Insulin (Novlin R canít get my hands on Humalog) on upper body days only with a max of 3 days use. The only changes I have made to nutrition are I added back in my intra nutrition and added another protein meal.

Intra consist of 1 scoop of Intra-MD, 6 g of citrulline malate and 6 g of micronized creatine monohydrate. I am waiting on my beta alanine to ship out.*

Macros are 410 protein, 40 carb and 52 fat (not included any unscheduled cheats which I am slowly trying to cut out by next Saturday)
    Once I can get some possible stage pics I will put them up. This isnít like nationals were NPC online carries them I may have to buy 1 or 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Not too much change to go over for the past couple days. Been training and resting at the same rate. Going super strict for 23+ weeks has left me pretty fatigued. So Iíve just been listening to my body the last week or so. If I donít feel up for training I take a rest day. If I feel good I go for it. Iím slowly working my way back into a full on off season program. The plan is 2 on 1 off set up (2 days in the gym followed by 1 day off). I will only be doing legs 1-2 times per month. My upper body has to catch up, my upper body split is Back, rear delts & biceps and the other day is Chest, shoulders & triceps. I have also started to incorporate some powerlifting in once a week. Right now its one day a week of deadlifts and one day a week of incline smith press.

Gear usage is dwindling down. This week I am on 400 mg of test cyp. I will most likely get some lab test done in the next 3-4 weeks to see where I am at. I know I wonít be where I want to be but Iíll have a baseline to see sort of judge how long I should cruise before getting retested again. The key now is to get to a cruise dose that will all be to get blood within range but hopefully allow me to keep as much muscle as possible.

:winkfinger:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Holy shit.. 75x2 mins cardio.. 1811 kcal ed.. What's your CHO/P/F at during these times?

Nice job btw.
    All of the posts by TBJ are for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Yesterday was check ins with the coach. WE decided to leave everything the same which is pretty conservative. But this is also my last week at an elevated AAS level. Starting on Saturday I will be switching to my new trial of micro dosing Test Cyp during the cruise phase. The shots can be done sub q or intra muscular. I will be using slin pins so if I hit an area thatís pretty lean and it ends up being intramuscular no biggie but I will mostly use sub q. I will be dosing 60 mg every other day. This will give me a weekly total of 240 mg. I plan on having blood test run about 2-3 weeks after starting this phase. I donít expect things to be in range after prepping for 24+ weeks but it will give me a better idea of where I am at and how long to wait before I need to run them again. I could end of up playing with the weekly dosage if my bloods are normalizing on 240. I may jump to 280 and see.*

Currently I have stopped using slin. My plan is to retest my fasting blood glucose in 2 weeks if I am below 90 then I can start using it again. The current strategy is to use 3-4 ius during my cruise phase to help retain muscle. The key to not getting fat while using slin is a 2 part plan for me. 1) Donít add in extra carbs just because you are using slin and 2) keep an eye on fasting blood glucose. If I get above 110 then I will stop for at least 2 weeks. I also only use slin 2-3 days a week. I think all these mixed together should help keep me lean.

Right now my nutrition is staying constant at 417 g of protein, 78 g carbs and 55 g of fat. Weighing 232 in the morning while still relatively lean.*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

I was at around 14 carbs (10 from protein shake and 4 from intra bcaas) and protein was 339 and fat 44.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TBJ View Post
    Holy shit.. 75x2 mins cardio.. 1811 kcal ed.. What's your CHO/P/F at during these times?

Nice job btw.
    I was at around 14 carbs (10 from protein shake and 4 from intra bcaas) and protein was 339 and fat 44.

:winkfinger:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel3203 View Post
    Gettin shredded huh?
    All of the posts by TBJ are for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

So today will be prejudging for the USAís. Watching shows or more accurately following the play by play on shows like this gets me pumped. To see guys at the top of their game going for the pro card makes me train harder. When you see them you can imagine the hard work and sacrifice it took to get there if you have ever prepped before. I hope to be on the stage in the next couple years. And because I hope for that I know I have to keep grinding and fix my weaknesses. I know that I have to continue to progress each week, each month and each year to even have a chance.*

My current focus is on improving my intensity within my training sessions. Iím focusing on listening to my body for rest periods more than the clock and Iím pushing for heavier loads. I have started using the 5/3/1 plan for some powerlifting training as well. My first back workout of the week I do deadlifts using 5/3/1 and my first chest workout I use Incline Smith Machine to complete the same. Next will be week 4 which is the deload week and then I will start another 4 week cycle before switching out the exercises. Deadlifts will switch to Rack Deads and Incline Smith will move to shoulders where Iíll do Smith Military Press. Getting stronger in every rep range is important but Iíve never really done those low rep ranges so this type of training is keeping it interesting, challenging, making me stronger and feeding the intensity need. When you start to realize how strong you really are you push a little bit harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TBJ View Post
    Gettin shredded huh?
    When I was prepping that was the goal. Now it's bulking while staying lean (i.e. abs year round). Need 6-10 lbs of muscle on upper body.