Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Rep Points

making Bitcoin easy!

Hello ASF, i wanted to take a quick minute to discuss an issue i have been seeing a lot around the forum. People seem to be having the hardest time comprehending Bitcoin... If you are one of those people ITS OK!!! we have all been there before, but once you get a grasp on its simplicity you will wonder how you didnt understand it in the first place... it is so very simple.
    let me explain....
    if someone you know takes BTC as a payment form all you need to do is acquire some BTC right? sounds simple.... but where do i get BTC and how do i store it?

great questions.... Below i will list some places where you can purchase BTC easily and it will also set you up with a wallet so you can send BTC to anyone you wish.
    very simple... but first let me explain some lingo..

what does BTC mean?.. it is simply short for BITCOIN.

what is a Wallet? very simple... a wallet is like your personal bank. it is where your BTC goes after you buy it from a BTC vendor and it is also how you transfer your BTC to another persons wallet.

how can i get a BTC wallet? very simple, so many option.... the easiest is to visit WWW.BLOCKCHAIN.INFO and select the "wallet" tab at the top of the screen and CREATE A NEW WALLET. but be sure to keep track of it!!!

where do i buy BTC? there are many places that offer services, but most have very stringent requirements and can be a real pain in the butt to use. so here are some alternatives to the main stream sources that are very useful and are a breeze to use.

also visit WWW.PAXFUL.COM they have hundreds of options to choose from when it comes to buying coin. by creating an account you also make a wallet where you can receive and send BTC.

www.localbitcoins.com is a great source also.

I hope this tutorial helps!!! any questions please feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Dispense Quick; 10-21-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Paxful has scammed me twice, be careful with that. And their staff which is one guy does nothing to help. I have chat logs to show how bad I was scammed by sellers and how the staff replied to me with a thumbs up emoji. Try Coinbase, they are a legit exchange you can buy with your bank, which takes a few days or buy instantly with credit card but with credit card you can only buy $60 per day so plan how many days in advance you will need to start buying before you make your order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

I like coinbase as a starting point then moving them to other wallets and whatnot

Pain is your friend.
    Guillotine is socially repressed, so he makes up fantasies and posts them on forums. Don't take what he says as truth or as an endorsement of illegal drug use. Guillotine has not, and does not endorse illegal drug use.

Old
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Rep Points

Discussing payment options openly on the forum is a giant NO NO.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Rep Points

this is a tutorial, nothing here mentions payments for anything. this tutorial teaches people how to buy BTC, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRotten View Post

Old
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dispense Quick View Post
    this is a tutorial, nothing here mentions payments for anything. this tutorial teaches people how to buy BTC, nothing more.
    I wasn't referring to your tutorial which is very general. I'm talking about the person going into wu etc who now has another thread asking "who takes money orders" with the recent problems members of this board have had with certain payment methods now is more important than ever to be careful on this topic on the open board.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Rep Points

My apologies Jrotten, thank you for the heads up i did not see that post. i took care of it for you. thank you again for bringing that to my attention sir! my apologies.
    I wasn't referring to your tutorial which is very general. I'm talking about the person going into wu etc who now has another thread asking "who takes money orders" with the recent problems members of this board have had with certain payment methods now is more important than ever to be careful on this topic on the open board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine View Post
    I like coinbase as a starting point then moving them to other wallets and whatnot

Pain is your friend.

How do I get past this point so I can add founds to my wallet?
    Accounts ready $0.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent1234 View Post

How do I get past this point so I can add founds to my wallet?
    Accounts ready $0.00
    But what website are you using? Coinbase?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    But what website are you using? Coinbase?
    Yes coinbase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes coinbase

You just need to log-in and look to the left hand side of the webpage where there's a list. And then click on "Buy/sell" or "buy/send" and you'll see a blank box to type in the amount you want to buy. Keep in mind that there's a conversion from USD to BITCOINS and back, and also that coinbase is going to charge you a percentage for buying BITCOIN as well. So you'll need to buy a little bit extra to cover whatever you're purchasing with your BITCOINS later on. Also be aware that when you go to send BITCIOINS to someone, send it in USD only if the quote they gave you is in USD. But if the quote is in BTC then you should send to them in BTC. otherwise you might not be sending them enough when the website converts it. That conversion rate as well as coinbase taking their cut has screwed me up more than once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    You just need to log-in and look to the left hand side of the webpage where there's a list. And then click on "Buy/sell" or "buy/send" and you'll see a blank box to type in the amount you want to buy. Keep in mind that there's a conversion from USD to BITCOINS and back, and also that coinbase is going to charge you a percentage for buying BITCOIN as well. So you'll need to buy a little bit extra to cover whatever you're purchasing with your BITCOINS later on. Also be aware that when you go to send BITCIOINS to someone, send it in USD only if the quote they gave you is in USD. But if the quote is in BTC then you should send to them in BTC. otherwise you might not be sending them enough when the website converts it. That conversion rate as well as coinbase taking their cut has screwed me up more than once.
    When I click the buy button it brings me to the page I posted and I can figure out what to do for there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Rep Points

When I click the buy button it brings me to the page I posted and I can figure out what to do for there

OK, I was going on assumption that you typed in those two dollar amounts that they sent to your account, but I shouldn't assume here....so let me ask you: did you type in the two dollar amounts that bitcoin sent to your accounts, ( or the amounts they withdrew, which ever it was)??? If not, then that's what you need to do next. And then click the "continue" button. Are you playing with me here? Because that seems pretty simply to me. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Rep Points

So much for a tutorial lol

BUTCH GITS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Does local bitcoin give you a wallet. Do you loose money when you buy bitcoins. When you buy bitcoins how does the value work. Like I'm not paying a certain value I'm paying equivalent to the value?