• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

IML Gear Cream!
o be fair, most things over here have zero added sugar. English people love to think they are eating healthily lol. (Not saying that sugar is unhealthy at all).
You may not think it unhealthy, but come visit across the pond where everybody here are freakin' fatasses because of all the sugar added to everything. Kids cannot even fit down the aisle in the bus, squeezing between the seats.

The AVERAGE woman in this country is 169 pounds, and the average woman is not a bodybuilder. This means roughly half the women are bigger than that.

Sugar. Yuck.

It is so easy to stay lean if you just figure out what foods have added sugar in them here in the US (that is, anything that is not raw food, it all has sugar).

Interesting video. Anybody taking basal insulin with growth hormone? I have never seen anybody discuss this on this web site. Insulin, yes, but not a basal insulin.

Interesting video. Anybody taking basal insulin with growth hormone? I have never seen anybody discuss this on this web site. Insulin, yes, but not a basal insulin.

I use basal insulin with my GH as my BG rises above 100 without it, as do many of my clients. I prefer to avoid bolus doses of insulin as much as I can and maintain a stable level. Chronic elevations in insulin can cause IR, hyperinsulinemia and CV disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insulin has great merit in its use for anti ageing purposes, and has began cropping up in a few anti ageing clinics recently.

Take away point being, nobody should ever let their fasted BG rise above 100 if they care about their health and longevity, and if it does, appropriate action must be taken.

Some simple solutions could be:
1) Use a basal insulin, start dose at 0.1 units/kg/day (if not already an insulin dependant diabetic) and adjust accordingly with the aim of fasted BG landing around 85.
2) Reduce carbohydrate intake
3) Both resistance training and resistance training have been shown to reduce BG
4) Include insulin sensitising supplements/drugs such as metformin or a GDA
5) Reduce total body fat
For you research nerds, here's the science https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319489/

TheShadow, you never used insulin for packing on mass?

I thought this would be an apt piece of research to share that I stole from Chester Rockwell, as I have seen this attitude often recently.

To quote the study: 'People often discount evidence that contradicts their firmly held beliefs...'

These individuals, when presented with contradicting evidence to firmly held beliefs, display increased activity in their brains associated with self-identity, threat and emotion.

I have seen this today in the form of a bikini competitor saying she runs 1g+ AAS per week because 'she knows her body', and became extremely agitated when I attempted to help, and present evidence to the end of how unnecessary and detrimental her drug use is.

My best advice, don't be this person. To truly excel in your knowledge and progress intellectually you will have to adapt and evolve with ever-emerging evidence, which will involve changing your mind on many things. This is something I have done on a huge scale regarding growth hormone thanks to the man mentioned above.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28008965/

Apologies for the lack of personal updates/content - we have been so busy this past fortnight that it has been impossible to do anything else outside of our coaching work and training.

Anyway... might as well give you guys a personal update. Finished my last blast at 220lbs give or take, just over one week into my cruise I'm down to around 213lbs. As esters clear, weight will drop but calories have been increased anyhow to hopefully establish some sort of equilibrium. Now at 180f/660c/360p on training days, and 235f/130c/360p on my rest days. I haven't changed GH, Insulin or Peptides yet since beginning my cruise period, but insulin in particular will come down in time.

Once my hormones are steady and weight is holding, a mini-cut is most definitely on the cards as my insulin sensitivity is starting to dwindle down.

Here's me getting beat by an EMOM round of deadlifts!

4375f4a554dd426fb25142b8361e25f6.jpg

One of two bi-weekly MediPhorm shots for me right now. 2ml for each delt, 3ml for each tricep long head, and 1ml for each lateral tricep head.

For those of you who don't know, MediPhorm is a water based SEO derived from hyaluronic acid that I am experimenting with.

adf752511c9063efd6b4bca6b8c644b8.jpg

Get Shredded!
Just been answering an email from somebody suffering with frequent urination, having to rush to the bathroom etc wondering the cause.

Just speculation here, but something to keep in mind is that the use of exogenous AAS does cause prostatic hypertrophy.

If you are experiencing symptoms of prostate enlargement, some supplements do show promise (such as stinging nettle and pumpkin seed) but ultimately this is an issue that you need to assess with your GP via examination to rule out any other possible causes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7529633

Another piece of research to add to the long list of literature supporting stretch training for skeletal muscle hypertrophy.

We recommend in most cases performing a Dante style extreme stretch for every body part trained that day at the end of each session for 45-60 seconds. These should be very challenging to hold in the stretched position, and painful!

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/sms.12822/abstract

Consuming an adequate protein intake combined with regular resistance training is the fountain of youth!

Plus some testosterone and growth hormone too... (not mentioned in study)

In all seriousness though, I recommend anybody interested in maintaining their health as they age ensures they are consuming an adequate protein intake, resistance train at least 3x per week, stay within the healthy body fat range, and get regular blood work to ensure your health markers are all in check and your hormones are all within the physiological range.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2017/2672435/

Keeping up with my meals whilst travelling all weekend!

This is my current pre-workout meal: 400g 0% Greek yoghurt, 30g whey isolate, 200g coco pops, 100g corn flakes. Took 10 units of insulin and ate this off of my lap during a long drive to Norwich.

Mini-cut is getting ever closer and I'm gonna be waving goodbye to these huge meals

What are you guys eating post-workout?

51b10160406d248fcc6c63557174bbb5.jpg

My lovely lady at 9 weeks out here. Now sitting at 5 weeks out she is dialled in and looking to do some damage! Keep your eyes peeled for some new conditioned photos

1d811cd85187655b6e77ad3c44a77cfd.jpg

Finally got round to getting this done!

I know this video was heavily requested, so thank you for all of your patience.

In this video I break down two easy sites to use when including quads into your injection rotation.

I also go over both uses for AAS & SEO applications.

Enjoy, and I hope this helps! :)

https://youtu.be/9PZtiZg1zj4

Quite a few questions from yesterday's quad injection video asking why I didn't aspirate before the injection.

The reason is, because aspirating is not necessary when using sites like the VL (or pretty much any of the common sites we use with AAS) not near any major arteries or large blood vessels, and can cause additional pain upon injection.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25871949

Quite a few questions from yesterday's quad injection video asking why I didn't aspirate before the injection.

The reason is, because aspirating is not necessary when using sites like the VL (or pretty much any of the common sites we use with AAS) not near any major arteries or large blood vessels, and can cause additional pain upon injection.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25871949

Stopped aspirating about two years ago and I do a minimum of 52 shots per year but obviously it's closer to about 125-150~ have never had a problem. I agree with your statement all around on the most common sites used for aas.

Stopped aspirating about two years ago and I do a minimum of 52 shots per year but obviously it's closer to about 125-150~ have never had a problem. I agree with your statement all around on the most common sites used for aas.

Yes sir!!

IML Gear Cream!
Did my first 'day in the life' style vlog for ages.

Please let me know if you guys like these types of videos, and I'll make sure I get at least 2 out per week! :)

https://youtu.be/DyJI5yF1g9U

Not long ago, I posted some research hypothesising that MCT oil could increase bio-availability of oral AAS.
Here's another one for you, this one with everybody's favourite... COFFEE!
Oxandrolone and oxandrolone metabolite epioxandrolone in urine were measured in the following two situations:

1. 0.4mg anavar per day, with 3 espressos per day (roughly 65mg caffeine each)
2. 0.4mg anavar per day with 300mg caffeine in pill form

The results showed oxandrolone concentrations rose by a factor of 20 in the higher caffeine group.

Obvious limitations of the study being that it was only performed on one individual.
For practicality sakes, it seems like a cheap and apparently effective way to increase bio-availability of oral AAS, and ties in nicely with you guys using orals pre-workout with your stimulants.

(B. Salema1, J. Ruivo1, X. de la Torre2, M. Sekera1, L. Horta1
Oxandrolone excretion: effect of caffeine dosing)

Testosterone levels can change independent of age and lifestyle.

This research looks at how marital status effected testosterone levels.

- Testosterone decreases in men who get married
- Testosterone increases in men who get divorced

The biological mechanisms for these results remain unknown, and these results are irrelevant for anybody using exogenous testosterone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28376340/

Kicked off my new fat loss phase today after a few weeks of sitting around the same weight. Intake has been dropped, cardio introduced and some additional drugs have been added. I am documenting the whole process over on my YT channel, the first video of the series will be up tomorrow!

8517e7b8e9c06892e5e29cf54c20a3a2.jpg

Some Wednesday physique inspiration!

Team JJ Physique athlete Wayne Petley dialling it in at 7ish weeks out now.

He is already more conditioned than show day last year, with plenty of wiggle room within his programming for me to work with.

We are going to be bringing some sick conditioning to the stage this year, no doubt about that!

014ac244088ed5ddc8ea401130a906a0.jpg

Using a basal dose of a long-acting insulin like Lantus is massively growing in popularity in the physique enhancement world for combatting blood glucose increases in individuals using high doses of exogenous rHGH.

One question I see asked frequently on this subject is 'how often should I shoot my lantus?'.

Check out the following literature comparing a once and twice per day dosing schedule.

There is no need to use lantus at a higher frequency than once per day.

(Ashwell SG, Gebbie J, Home PD. Twice-daily compared with once-daily insulin glargine in people with Type 1 diabetes using meal-time insulin aspart. Diabet Med. 2006 Aug;23(8):879-86.)

eef9d1473f170f3cb900270f603e0ac6.png

Back