• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

WHY THE ELDERLY SHOULD RESISTANCE TRAIN

To go along with the tonne of evidence we already have to support resistance training in the elderly, this newly published study showed in just 8 weeks:

large improvements in aerobic capacity. This is particularly important to note as due to reduced muscle function in the elderly, resistance training is one of the only forms of exercise that allows them to achieve this benefit.

improved glucose tolerance.

d5b425241cb3de86036cef10ad05c5d6.jpg

The anti-GMO movement is massively growing in popularity both in the fitness industry and in the general population.

The fact is, if we stopped all GMO's today, and continued with our current eating habits in the developed world, more than half of the world would starve to death within two years.

GMO grains allowed us to feed more livestock for less money, which caused meat consumption in the west to rise due to its reduced cost, and the surplus of grains we had left over caused the world population to rise from 3 billion to what it is now.

If we ban GMO's now, all of the extra food we are able to produce as a result will stop. 80% of the worlds calories come from GMO grains today, so it's easy to see how devastating this would be.

In terms of nutritional value, the evidence against GMO's is inconclusive, and in fact for the most part genetically modified foods and proving to be MORE nutritious in many circumstances.

f35329f9f638669d59dd3f33d2e6844c.jpg

B E T A - A L A N I N E

Beta-alanine supplementation is hugely popular in the bodybuilding world, but is worth it?

The meta-analyses on the left showed a 2.85% benefit in performances lasting from 60-240 seconds.

The study on the right showed that after supplementing with BA, no statistically significant benefit was seen in performance markers such as total work capacity, time to exhaustion etc.

Judging by the research, unless you are doing a tonne of high-rep work, beta-alanine supplementation for the bodybuilder appears useless.

5e1ffdc603218dfd6d3e4f1e8f448cd2.jpg

Lat spread looking spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOW TO MAXIMISE LAT RECRUITMENT ON LOW PULLING MOVEMENTS...

1) Allow complete scapula protraction (let your shoulder blades stretch forward) at the bottom of each pull
2) Retract your scapula (squeeze shoulder blades together) at the top of each pull
3) Pull towards your hips
4) If using a dumbbell, laterally crunch slightly (twist your trunk) into reach rep

Next time you are hitting back, try this out and let me know if it helps at all!

https://vimeo.com/174681152

As requested, a quick word on MK-677.

Although often mislabelled as a SARM, MK-677 is in reality an oral GH secretagogue.

Growth hormone and GH peptides such as GHRP2/6, CJC etc typically have to be injected to be utilised by the body, but MK-677 has been designed to withstand the pH of stomach acid and avoid being hydrolysed into an inactive form, and the research shows it does this very well.

MK-677 works by...
1. Increasing GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone)
2. Amplifying GHRH signalling in the brain
3. Decreasing somatostatin (scroll back to my post on horny goat weed for a complete explanation of why this is so important)
4. Inhibits somatostatin receptor signalling

So what does the research say? One study found subjects taking MK-677 at 25mg/day increased their GH and IGF-1 levels by up to 89% in just one week!

What can it do for you? Increasing your GH and IGF-1 levels has so many benefits including...
1. increased lipolysis (fat oxidation)
2. Increased lean muscle tissue
3. Tightening of loose skin
4. Increased healing time of injuries

Clearly MK-677 is an extremely effective compound and does what it has been designed to do very effectively! If any of you have ever used MK-677 or plan to in the future drop me a DM!

22c285550084141a8014b6d5e48995e8.jpg

Good news... My new blast is on its way to me. This is going to put me in the 230-240 range in the next few months

I will announce the protocol when the pack lands. For now, here's some more pad-work. Working the slip and roll under.

https://vimeo.com/174932763

Good news... My new blast is on its way to me. This is going to put me in the 230-240 range in the next few months

I will announce the protocol when the pack lands. For now, here's some more pad-work. Working the slip and roll under.

https://vimeo.com/174932763

Damn man. Nice work. Don't think any of those lads will be messing with you over there in the UK!

Got to love an empty gym. Does anybody else like training in the middle of the night when nobody else is around?

2a49ac20063d9386ce32d18038b67ab4.jpg

Sure... If i trained at night haha.

Back is looking glorious man

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

When is your jext blast? And what will it be?

Got to love an empty gym. Does anybody else like training in the middle of the night when nobody else is around?

2a49ac20063d9386ce32d18038b67ab4.jpg

Sounds weird but you have prominent rear delts that look like mine in a way haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is your jext blast? And what will it be?

I'm going to announce the full protocol soon, but I will say that it is my first time with GH and also Insulin.

I am going to start as soon as my pack hits the doorstep!!

Back