• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First Cycle Hows it look?

damatrix

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello new to forums here Looking for my first test cycle and was wondering how it looked. Ive done ill-advised oral only winstrol cycle before which I would never repeat. Recovered and ready to do this right. I am 5'7" 24 167lbs ~10% and will be competiting in May/June (not sure which i want to do). The main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle before the show.

Week 1-10 Test Cyp 500mg/wk
Week 1-10 hcg 500iu/wk (250iu x twice a wk)
Week 12-16 Clomid 100/50/50/50
Week 12-16 Nolvadex 40/40/20/20
Have Armidiex on hand if needed

Potentially thinking of adding Anavar in Weeks 1-6 at 50mg ED. (just sitting around the house)

Open to critques and advice Thanks Again guys

Keep it to just a test cyp for your first cycle. And use arimidex .5-1 EOD.
You may not know if your estro is high. Why wait for sides when you can just prevent it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Everything looks great, only thing you should change is dont stop your hcg at week 10, run it week 11 and part of week 12, just make sure you stop 4 days before you start your pct. Keep the adex on hand just incase, Ive ran cycles with ais and without and i always gain more pure muscle without ais, estrogen is very anabolic. If you do need to start it start low like .25mgs twice a week or at most MWF. I was on 1250mgs of sust and .25mgs of adex mwf had my estrogen at 56, right where i want it. Youre running half that dose of test, so you shoudlnt need as much adex. If your bring your estrogen to low you not only wont grow, you will feel like compete and utter dog shit until you get some estrogen back in your body. So i like the idea to keep it on hand and not have any set start time like alot of people do thinking they need it. Its your first cycle, you have no idea if your a high converter, or have problems with estrogen so its time to learn your body. Good luck and make sure you eat more food then you ever have.

Hey TrainInsane thanks for the advice, what would be some things to look out for when needing to use AI. I was thinking of changing the cycle to below. But like you said i dont know how fast i convert because this is my first cycle, ya i did an illadvised winny cycle for 6 weeks but that doesnt aromatase.

Week1-10 test cyp 500mg/wk
Week1-10 hcg 500iu/wk
Week1-10 .25mg EOD
Same PCT

Cycle looks great. Id personally leave the Var in.. Side affects are so low with Var, I don't think you have to Worry. Adding an oral to the beginning of a cycle or at the end is something I always do.

What do you guys thing of dieting down to around 8-9% then starting this March 28th or should I try harder to get down naturally to 7-8% and then start it after that so that I can use this to go into a show

What the hell are you competing in if you are cutting down from 167?

I am not sure why the first advice these guys gave up wasn't get your diet in order and put some weight on before you cycle OR try and "cut." Go ahead and spend the next year or so hitting a solid 180, and then worry about the gear.

Hey TrainInsane thanks for the advice, what would be some things to look out for when needing to use AI. I was thinking of changing the cycle to below. But like you said i dont know how fast i convert because this is my first cycle, ya i did an illadvised winny cycle for 6 weeks but that doesnt aromatase.

Week1-10 test cyp 500mg/wk
Week1-10 hcg 500iu/wk
Week1-10 .25mg EOD
Same PCT

Water retention, puffy/sore nipples, enlarged beast, anxiety, hot flashes, redness/flushing, lowered sex drive, blood pressure...to name a few... And do yourself a favor and get blood work!

I personally keep it on hand, I haven't had estro elevate outside of normal ranges, but I ran bloods pre, mid, almost the end and post(my insurance seems to not care and my family doctor is savvy to what I'm doing)...but with that said, a lot of people do elevate and that's why it's recommended to run an ai

What the hell are you competing in if you are cutting down from 167?

I am not sure why the first advice these guys gave up wasn't get your diet in order and put some weight on before you cycle OR try and "cut." Go ahead and spend the next year or so hitting a solid 180, and then worry about the gear.
He's only 5'7"

Ok, the NPC rule for Classic Physique at up to 5'7" is 170 pounds. Now that is going to be a whole lot less than 10%, but telling him to weigh 180 before he touches steroids is, I think, a lot of weight for a guy who is five seven.

A true contest type cut from 167 at 10% (which I assume is untested and more than likely a few % off); would leave him at what MAYBE 160. That's being generous, as we have no idea what his base is. It's not so much criticizing him for starting to cycle at his current weight, but I guess it would be more logical for him to put on some quality size prior to trying to cut; especially if his contest plans are 2-3 years out.

Just saying OP, you're hell bent on running gear so do it, I am just being a hypocrite anyway. Based on your first "cycle" and lack of knowledge on even the basics such as AI use I would say give it some more time. You have 2-3 years before you want to be on stage, spend at least a little while squaring away your diet so you can actually grow, and in that time keep reading and figure out some more about AAS.

I would not expect a guy who is all natural (except one screwed up winny only cycle) to start a true contest type cut. Rather, I would expect him to pick a date far away, go on gear, add weight, and then cut.

I am 5'7" 24 167lbs ~10% and will be competiting in May/June (not sure which i want to do). The main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle before the show.

Week 1-10 Test Cyp 500mg/wk
Week 1-10 hcg 500iu/wk (250iu x twice a wk)
Week 12-16 Clomid 100/50/50/50
Week 12-16 Nolvadex 40/40/20/20
Have Armidiex on hand if needed

Potentially thinking of adding Anavar in Weeks 1-6 at 50mg ED. (just sitting around the house)

Open to critques and advice Thanks Again guys
damatix, which class of competition? Posting that will help a lot, because guys who competed in whatever you are doing can help out. I have never competed at anything, so I would be needlessly speculating. What sort of competition

How many calories are you eating? How many grams of protein, carbs, fats?

Pics of mandatory poses?

My guess is that if you are 167 and 10%, that you need to pick a date further away than May or June, maybe even 2017.

I would save the anavar for another cycle. Test only. Take the adex (do not wait for gyno symptoms).

I would also pick a goal - cut fat or build muscle, not both. Personally, at 167 pounds, even at 5'7", I would pick building muscle. This means you have to eat. 8 eggs. Two pounds of meat. Every day. No cheating. Add oats, brown rice, spinach, broccoli, and asparagus. Maybe cottage cheese. That's all you need, really. You can start getting more creative with your diet once you have proven your ability to consume 8 eggs and two pounds of meat on a daily basis.

I'm 5'7"

I know what 167 at "10%" looks like.
Well, what did you weigh when you started?

I am 6 foot, but I know that in my 40s, without gear, the only way for me to hit 200 pounds was to get a little pudgy. 180 just seemed like a lot to be 5 inches shorter.

That's why I said I'm being a hypocrite as far as saying no gear use. I started at 172lbs, after working my way up from 125 at the end of high school. I walk around at 190 now, however anything above 180-185 off cycle is hard to maintain without fat levels spiking.

For the OP, go with gear, but as Malf said you need to reevaluate and commit to a goal. The only logical goal that I can see is add size, and cut in the future.

Hey guys thanks for posting back but I'm currently eating around 2900-3000 cals 290p/300c/60f

I hit this goal every single day actually the past 29 days I've logged everything and missed my goal once

I want to compete in a simple NPC men's physique show I talked to a nation qualified guy here and he suggested doing a hard cut now naturally and then adding gear to build into the show

My diet is rly in check I eat 10 eggs for breakfast lol (for that 8eggs you said just messin)

Men's physique has changed in what they want as an athlete because of classic, and a lot of ppl I now personally compete on stage around 150 but yes they're not pros but even those pros were too big and thus making classic physique

I rly think I'm going to do a hard cut naturally and start the cycle March 28th or April 6th and maybe not even do the show just so when I bump back up my cals I have room for a little fat gain while on cycle

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I am doing a mens physique show which has changed since the addition of classic physique. I am currently eating 2900-3000 cals a day 290p/300c/60f, I have no problem eating the calories and hitting the goals, even the last 29 days i have logged all the food and training, hitting my goal every time.

I have talked to a national qualified friend of mine here and he was suggesting a hard cut now and use the cycle to build into the show. I think thats what im going to do, even tho yes i wouldnt be weighing too much after the cycle but I rather be lean as hell starting the cycle so i have room for when i bump my calories up for that little fat that comes on.

finally letting me post. I am competing in mens physique which has changed since the introduction of the classic physique division and as far as my calories and diet goes ive been pretty on point with those, 2900-3000 cals a day 290p/300c/60f ive logged the past 29 days and probably missed these goals three times

I talk to a physique competitor here that suggested a hard cut now and using the cycle to build muscle into the show. SO already being lean when starting because of the bump up of calories the little fat gain will be okk. but hey maybe i wont even compete, i liked this idea of this cutting and then using the cycle to build nice quality muscle. Im a discplined person so following protocol and getting my mind around it isnt a difficult task for me. I agree with using it to build but honestly i kinda wanna just do the show its a novice amateur, maybe even ill do one in sept-oct instead of june july and lean gain through summer (big deal im not shredded for the beach lmaoo)

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
my diet is pretty on point with 2900-3000cals 290p/300c/60f ive actually logged the past 29 days and hit the goal everyday except maybe 3. I think ill aim for a later show but i like the idea of cutting bodyfat hard now and using this to gain, i rather start with an already lean base. I apperciate all the input from you guys, it is also a mens physique show which can help clear some things up regarding stage weight

mens physique show which can help clear some things up regarding stage weight
Probably still need to come in around the classic physique weight when stage ready. The best men's physique competitors are already too heavy for classic physique, so I am not sure how that new category is going to work.

In a video regarding classic physique Npc was saying they wanted smaller men's physique competitors, but disregarding that what do you think of what I suggested with cutting now and then starting end of the month

Disregarding what i would compete in what would think of dieting down to the 7-8% now and then starting the cycle to gain nice lean muscle, ive been a little below maintence for two weeks now and im going to start today with even more calories off.

Hard to say without seeing pics. Post 'em up, and we can say "bulk" or "cut."

When I go on, I eat 4-500 above maintenance. Granted the size I put on during cycle isn't awe inspiring like some guys, it's definitely noticeable and more then I could put on naturally (without getting fat as fuck). The fat I put on is minimal if any. So not being in a cut i add lbm without adding/losing any fat and mathematically drop body fat%. This can be seen visually being bigger and leaner, but I do dexa testing which shows not much change in fat mass, solid gains in lean body mass...And drop in body fat.

Back