• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Three month cycles not necessary?

TheFlexShow

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So recently former bodybuilder/wrestler/actor Ric Drasin posted a video of himself and bodybuilder Rich Piana sitting down to discuss some bodybuilding topics.
Towards the end of this video around 20min or so, Rich Piana says something along these lines...
"You're always trying to trick the body, that's how you get constant results. So whatever it is that your taking and you're taking this, this, and this for 3months, you're only going to see results for about 4 weeks..the other two months are a waste of time, money and your doing more harm to your body. I dont know too many that do this, everybody runs a 3 month cycle and pyramids up and down."

This isn't his exact words but I think I got pretty close..anyways it seemed like to me Piana was implying that the 3month cycle is not necessary.
Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=fs51G73bcS8
(I'm posting from my phone so don't know if link will work if it doesn't just type rich Piana speaks out on training and supplements on YouTube)

Check it out guys let me know what you think, maybe I'm not understanding what Rich is trying to say?!:thinking:

He could have meant a few things: 1) what you suggest; a very short cycle is the way to go. 2) That when running a longer cycle you need to vary doses and compounds in order to keep gaining.

2) That when running a longer cycle you need to vary doses and compounds in order to keep gaining.

this just seemed like common sense to me, the body will adapt to anything even steroids. Its a quick fix, though: add in a steroid oral/inject or raise dose.

Plateaus will always happen

^^^^^this is probably exectly what he meant....witht that said for those who compete pro/amature need to be on cycle more than they are off in order to keep gains thay get....your body is only programed to hang on to so much muscle...and without proper diet and optimal hormone levels your body will just get rid of any extra

Well of course, the speed at which you gain will decrease as the cycle goes on, as you maintain your dosages. But that doesn't mean we should stop doing 12 week cycles. You can see great results for all 12 weeks if you front-load or kickstart with a shorter ester.

Indeed.. I understand you can change things up and keep making gains on 3month cycle
But what has me scratchin my head is, can u see great results from only 4weeks? ..seems like a really short amt. of time to make any noticeable gains

I know some people will disagree with me on this one but that's why every four weeks I up the dose of test that I'm taking. I think it was Rainer or Tgunz that posted a great article months back about this. I'm not sure....

IML Gear Cream!
I read a lot on IML about how sprint athletes, mainly runners such as Ben Johnson and others before they were caught, ran moderate to high dose short ester cycles with prop and winny for 4-6 weeks, took a break for the same time, then got right back on the same type of cycle. For their sport this allowed for maximum gain then time to solidify the gains without too much stress on the body. I have often thought a well planned 8 week blast with short esters and medium to high doses (for a given individual) could lead to rapid and meaningful gains. This is all assuming you are doing a blast/cruise because PCT we all know presents issues in regards to maintaining gains and hormone fluctuations.

Run and gun style cycles (Blast and cruise).

Load lots of aas for 4 weeks, then cruise for 4 weeks. Repeat.

OldSchoolLifter I believe wrote a fantastic write up on this.

Run and gun style cycles (Blast and cruise).

Load lots of aas for 4 weeks, then cruise for 4 weeks. Repeat.

OldSchoolLifter I believe wrote a fantastic write up on this.

Say goodbye to your natural testosterone production. You only get one life, it's worth preserving your balls. I'd prefer TRT to be a last option and not something I choose.

Well then you couldn't run eq or any long ester compounds. You would have to stick to propionate, ace, pp or orals. And really tricking your muscles to grow by doing an assortment of different routines is one thing I agree with. I don't know about constantly changing compounds every 4 weeks or even uping the dose. If you run test e before you would even feel the results it would be over. I am a little confused I think.

Well then you couldn't run eq or any long ester compounds. You would have to stick to propionate, ace, pp or orals. And really tricking your muscles to grow by doing an assortment of different routines is one thing I agree with. I don't know about constantly changing compounds every 4 weeks or even uping the dose. If you run test e before you would even feel the results it would be over. I am a little confused I think.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=149843

So anyone have any suggestions on a good cycle that would fit this style? And how would I go about pct if I was going to cycle this way?

So why only cruise with the test? On the run and gun?

If I was going to do this, here is an example. Test c/e is a long ester and stable at 1 or 2 injections a week.

Test Cyp 250mg/week
Test Prop 100mg/day
Tren Ace 100mg/day
Ect......

The test Cyp will be in your system for 2+ after your last inject. So you "blast" the above cycle for 4 weeks. Then come off everything but the test Cyp... So now you are "cruising" on a TRT dose. The short esters have cleared your system.

Thanks bb I understand the concept. I just think there are a lot of variables to this. AAS history, age, goals. I am not a fan of short esters. To much pinning. I am also a strongman so I really don't care about appearance as much. But I can see some benefits. Great post.

Get Shredded!
Thanks bb I understand the concept. I just think there are a lot of variables to this. AAS history, age, goals. I am not a fan of short esters. To much pinning. I am also a strongman so I really don't care about appearance as much. But I can see some benefits. Great post.

Yeah pinning gets fucking old lol.

I respect everyone is different and to each his or her own -- you need to find what works for you.
Also, it does get more difficult dealing with side effects on longer cycles.

But with that said, I like a longer cycle with incremental additions to keep pushing gains.
I just had a great 20 week cycle (details and results posted HERE) and most of the gains came in the later weeks.
I wanted to go a bit longer but I did feel it taking a toll so I did not want to push it and hurt my health.
But 16 to 20 works for me as long as I start low and build up.

This is all good stuff guys. I have heard of 8 week cycles of course but always thought 10-12 was what u wanted. Adding a lot of good info here!

Back