• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First Blood Donation

BIGVNYC

---Anabolic Monster---
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just wanted to share with the community that i did my first blood donation today to bring down the high blood pressure while cycling. For anyone who doesn't know steroids will thicken your blood due to the the higher amounts of RBC. Thicker blood means the heart will have to pump harder and faster to move it. My blood pressure has been 150/100 resting 85 i started hearing my pulse on my pillow. ..I've been on roids many years going into my 40s of course getting hit with sides now...this will not keep me down only encourage me to keep my diet and cardio more in check...So guys that are having BP issues donate blood get more cardio eat less sodium and get supplements to control it......The whole proscess to 20min just didn't exspect for the nurse to ram a 16g needle into my arm thought it be 20 or 18 shit!!!!

How often do you donate bro? I've donated once my last cycle, helped tremendously with the headaches of high bp. What other supps you run to help with bp issues?

My first donation was a bit of a ride for me. They say the big guys tend to have a harder time with it. They were right. Within 30 seconds I was pale and sweating lol. They had to lay me back and put my feel up and that helped a lot. Now it's no problem and I do it every 8 weeks. I blast and cruise so my hematocrit climbs pretty quickly I like to stay on top of it.

I donate as often as possible. Next time, do a double red blood cell donation. They take out twice the amount of red blood cells which will benefit guys partaking in our life style more. Oh, and the needle is smaller for a double red donation also...

​^^^ This also. Really helps with lowering rbc, hematocrit, and BP. You have to wait longer in between donations with double blood though (13 weeks I believe as opposed to 8 with whole blood). But it is very effective for lowering HCT.

I donate as often as possible. Next time, do a double red blood cell donation. They take out twice the amount of red blood cells which will benefit guys partaking in our life style more. Oh, and the needle is smaller for a double red donation also...

I blast and cruise as well. After being on TRT for one year with one blast within that time I made the decision to start donating blood, and good thing I did. When they checked my hemoglobin it was 18.8 which is just below their cut off of 19. I think the count was so high partly due to dehydration(I'm bad about drinking enough water sometimes), but I know my TRT 200mg EW was a big factor as well. So now I go back and forth between two blood donation clinics so that I can donate every month(if I want). Donating is defiantly an easy and effective way of keeping that RBC in check... Thank God for these forums..My doctor has never once mentioned to me that blood thickening would even be an issue..

​^^^ This also. Really helps with lowering rbc, hematocrit, and BP. You have to wait longer in between donations with double blood though (13 weeks I believe as opposed to 8 with whole blood). But it is very effective for lowering HCT.

16 weeks between double red donations. Or you can do what I do and donate to different organizations and do it more often.

I blast and cruise as well. After being on TRT for one year with one blast within that time I made the decision to start donating blood, and good thing I did. When they checked my hemoglobin it was 18.8 which is just below their cut off of 19. I think the count was so high partly due to dehydration(I'm bad about drinking enough water sometimes), but I know my TRT 200mg EW was a big factor as well. So now I go back and forth between two blood donation clinics so that I can donate every month(if I want). Donating is defiantly an easy and effective way of keeping that RBC in check... Thank God for these forums..My doctor has never once mentioned to me that blood thickening would even be an issue..

My hemoglobin runs in that range also, even with frequent donations. After years of AAS use my endocrinologist was finally the one that mentioned donating blood to me. Just goes to show you how little most docs know regarding PEDS and maintaining good health.

Just wanted to share with the community that i did my first blood donation today to bring down the high blood pressure while cycling. For anyone who doesn't know steroids will thicken your blood due to the the higher amounts of RBC. Thicker blood means the heart will have to pump harder and faster to move it. My blood pressure has been 150/100 resting 85 i started hearing my pulse on my pillow. ..I've been on roids many years going into my 40s of course getting hit with sides now...this will not keep me down only encourage me to keep my diet and cardio more in check...So guys that are having BP issues donate blood get more cardio eat less sodium and get supplements to control it......The whole proscess to 20min just didn't exspect for the nurse to ram a 16g needle into my arm thought it be 20 or 18 shit!!!!
Well, what was the result? What is your blood pressure and resting heart rate now, after the donation? Was there a change?

Well, what was the result? What is your blood pressure and resting heart rate now, after the donation? Was there a change?
Yes my blood pressure was 150/100 resting 85 today is 130/90 resting 80 i will check again tomorrow

IML Gear Cream!
Great information! I did not know about giving blood to reduce high bp related to steroid use.

Back