• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anti depressants and gear

BlizzardMan8890

All day
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok have a question for yall. My doc recently put me on effexor the hardest anti depressant out there now. My question is will this affect gear at all? I have been on prozac gor several years and when i was useing gear my test levels would get high but i didnt get the hornyness that goes along with gear and didnt gain much weight. Will effexor be any differnt? With both meds it kills my sex drive where if i want it once a week thats awesome. Even when im on gear its still the same. Have any of you experianced gear with anti depressants? Just wanting your thoughts and experiances. I just want to feel the full affects of gear and get the max results of it. My stats. 26 5'11 200 lbs max bench 250. Been training for 3 years. Came up from 147 to where im at now in 1.5 years. Thanks my brothers

ive been on prozac and lexapro at a few points in my life when things got bad and i didnt know how to deal with things, yes it killed my sex drive(i was good for once a day with the old lady at the time but being on gear with out depressants i was always down breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bed time lol) and actually gained weight another common side affect, the lexapro was really bad the emotional roller coaster was terrible, it just amplified all my negative thoughts, so went back to prozac which worked well for me. i dont like taking meds like that its only a band aid in my opinion, it served its pupose for me, and i eventually stopped taking them, i changed my mind set, started looking at things half full rather half empty and the mind set change did wonders. another thing that was weird is i just started missing taking it daily and eventually stopped altogether, my sister was on it for a year then stopped because her and her husband want to have another child and it took her 6 months to get off of lexapro because her withdrawl from it was bad, everyone reacts differently honestly, not sure if that long ass rant helps or applies but thats my experience with it.

I'm on Prozac now, and have been on several other anti depressants, but only Prozac during a cycle as I'm on my first cycle now, if my girls junk wasn't sore as fuck from me pounding it and she'd let me do it I could have sex pretty much all day, ,as far as the Prozac by its self with out a aas,I didn't see a hole lot oh Change in my drive , I think it took me a bit longer to cum but not a lot, that being said other antidepressants affected me more to where I could not cum or it was very hard to, I'd say it all depends on the medication and the person how long have you been on it sometimes antidepressants take awhile for your body to get used to them

I don't talk about this much but I'm schizoaffective with ptsd and a lot of other shit on serequil effexor xr carbamesapine xanax and buspar in no way does it affect my gear or lifting.

Hey man, I know this may sound a little out of left field, but it's some potentially helpful info for you. Try a gluten free diet. Ketosis is preferred, but I know most guys aren't too open to that. There's hundreds of studies now linking gluten to many mental and physical issues. The mental ones are the most interesting studies to read for me. Gluten free has been used as a treatment (and often a cure) from mental problems ranging from ADHD to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. If you're at all interested in further information, check out the book "Grain Brain." It's a very consolidated reference for many of those studies. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks sig i will have to look into that book.
Like i said im now on effexor but hate not being able to have sex so i started weaning myself off it( my doc doesnt know) lol since ive started taking them every 2 days i get massive brain zaps after abt a day and a half but i have noticed and so has my training partner that my strength has went up about 20 lbs. and my sex drive has went way up as has my energy. So thsts why im asking this question.

I wouldn't worry to much about the effects of AAS being diminished while on a "SNRI" like Effexor..Androgens and "PROVIRON" are known for improving the pathways and signaling with the neurotransmitters/transporters to the receptors,closing the gaps..Andro's/test can help improve the overall balance and signaling...You may notice a great improvement with the stabilization in your mood,but if you notice that your feeling excessively "High" or manic, with elevated compulsive behaviors,lower your andro intake..You mental state is more important than your physical...

I wouldn't be concerned at all honestly!

Just keep a keen eye on your moods, and fluctuations...

Good luck and stay healthy bro!

I'm bipolar and have an anxiety disorder from getting the shit kicked out of me when I was a kid. I have been on Seroquel, Lexapro, Paxil, and Xanax etc etc.. The gear has really helped balance me out. I'm currently not on any meds at all. Quality of life is phenomenal right now. I consider myself lucky. If i had stayed on Seroquel I don't think I would have been able to hold down my job. Would probably be living in a cardboard box somewhere. Getting on gear is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I'm surprised that an SNRI (effexor) is killing your sex drive? Up your test bro, that'll fix ya right up. Whatever u do, don't get switched to an SSRI, cus you can say goodbye to whatever's left of that sex drive.

IML Gear Cream!
My shrink couldnt believe a SNRI was killing my sex drive either. I even have the sore puffy nipples going on lol. And im not on cycle now just getting geared up for a run in a month or so. My shrink dropped my dosage from 150mg down to 75 and that helped some but still have tender nips. I know when i was on prozac which is a SSRI and i ran gear i couldnt even tell i was on gear.my strength didnt go up no increase at all. My test was up around 3000 but i couldnt tell. I was also taking Dbol on that run and i didnt bloat or hold water at all. Guys at my gym were saying i had fake gear but the blood test proved that my gear was legit. I just dont want to go through that again. All the money i spent and protien and food. When i only got around 6 pounds out of a 16 week cycle.

Try viibryd. Didn't realize I had sexual side effects from Zoloft til I tried it. Unfortunately I couldn't continue with it cause it made me angry.

Thanks for the advice guys. Im going to talk to my shrink tuesday do maybe i will get it figured out. Should i tell him im on gear and that its killing my gainz?

Effexor XR doesn't effect the way AAS works for me. It does make me a marathon man in bed though. Sometimes in a bad way lol.

Back