Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Clenbuterol increases lean muscle mass but not endurance

Clenbuterol increases lean muscle mass but not endurance

Abstract

Clenbuterol, a beta(2)-agonist with potent anabolic properties, has been shown to improve skeletal muscle function in healthy subjects, and in high doses, promotes cardiac recovery. In a small, randomized controlled study, we investigated the effect of clenbuterol on skeletal muscle function, cardiac function, and exercise capacity in patients with chronic heart failure. Clenbuterol was well tolerated and led to a significant increase in both lean mass and the lean/fat ratio. Maximal strength increased significantly with both clenbuterol (27%) and placebo (14%); however, endurance and exercise duration decreased after clenbuterol. Prior data support combining exercise training with clenbuterol to maximize performance, and on-going studies will evaluate this approach.

[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

search, read, learn

My personality is who I am, My attitude is who you are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

MK-677 Restores Muscles, Fountain of Youth?

A daily dose of an investigational medication has been found to restore muscle mass in the arms and legs of older adults and improve some of their biochemistry to levels found in healthy young adults, suggesting an anti-frailty drug has been found.

The drug, called MK-677, was evaluated for its safety and effectiveness in a study that showed the drug restored 20 percent of muscle mass loss associated with normal aging. In fact, levels of growth hormone (GH) and of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF- I) in healthy seniors who took the drug increased to the levels found in healthy young adults, said Michael O. Thorner, a professor of internal medicine and neurosurgery at the University of Virginia Health System.

"Our study opens the door to the possibility of developing treatments that avert the frailty of aging," Thorner said. "The search for anti-frailty medications has become increasingly important because the average American is expected to live into his or her 80s, and most seniors want to stay strong enough to remain independent as they age."

Funded by the National Institutes of Health, the two-year, double-blind, placebo-controlled study involved 65 men and women ranging in age from 60 to 81. The results are detailed in the Nov. 4, 2008, issue of the journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

The drug mimics the action of ghrelin, a peptide that stimulates a growth hormone called secretagogue receptor (GHSR). Drug developers are focusing on GHSR because it plays an important role in the regulation of growth hormone and appetite. They think it may prove to be an excellent treatment target for metabolic disorders such as those related to body weight and body composition.

Drugs found to work in early trials don't always hold up to further testing, however.

The new research was a "proof-of-concept" study that sets the stage for a larger and longer clinical trial to determine whether MK-677 is effective in people who are frail and to assess its long-term safety.

search, read, learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

People please take a minute and read some of these before asking questions
    . These articles will answer many of your questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Ghrp 6

Quote Originally Posted by basskiller View Post
    GH-releasing hexapeptide (GHRP-6) is a secratogue that stimulates the release of growth hormone (GH) by acting at both hypothalamic and pituitary sites which has been clinically documented in a wide variety of species in vivo and in vitro. GHRP-6 duplicates the way the growth hormone works in the body. In studies it not only has shown to enhance growth hormone levels, but also increased the pulsatile secretory bursts of GH. Another remarkable trait of GHRP-6 is its increase in normal pulsatile physiological secretion by its hypothalamic action. Initial studies with GHRP-6 suggested that this compound acted primarily on the pituitary gland and was absolutely specific for GH release. More recent studies have qualified both of these assumptions. This peptide has been clinically verified to increase GH levels, increase appetite, raise IGF-1 levels, help sleep cycles and more.

The GHRP-6 is enclosed in an antivirus capsule, which essentially the outer capsule of a virus that contains no actual viral DNA or RNA so it is completely safe. The Antivirus used has been engineered to contain special peptides on it that actually act like an adhesive glue to certain cells in your mouth.
    These peptides are very important because by adhering to the mucosal cells in your mouth they ensure that the antivirus can inject the GHRP-6 into your cells. The antivirus signals the lipid membrane to open protein channels that actually take the peptide into the cell. Once in the cells the mucosal adhesion peptides are broken off from the peptide we added whether it be IGF, GHRP-6 or whatever. The peptide is now free to be release through the lymphatic system in its biological active form.
    This means it is carried throughout the blood stream directly from the cells in your mouth. So there is no sudden spike of GHRP-6 your own cells actually regulate its release. It never reaches any digestive enzymes or acids beyond that of the mucus in your moth which is actually at about the same pH used to store GHRP-6 in acetic acid, so claiming that it’s broken down here is ridiculous.
    The transport of the peptide to the lymphatic system is what results in a slower more controlled release of the peptide over time. A recent study has verified that a 24 hr constant iv infusion of GHRP-6 neurophysiologically (via the central nervous system) activated the GH-IGF-1 axis by activating GH secretory burst mass and amplitude by 7 -to 10-fold and increasing the basal (nonpulsitile) GH secretion by 4.5 fold.

For example, significant increases in plasma IGF-1 concentrations were noted after 7 days of GHRP-6 infusion and have even been reported after 7 days of intranasal administration in children and in adults after 7 to 14 days of intranasal hexarelin administration. It is also of interest that long-term administration of hexarelin has been shown to significantly increase circulating GH concentrations as well. The potential clinical utility of these GH secratogues is due to the consistent clinical verification of these findings in individuals of many ages.

Users often administer this product by placing it in a syring and squirting it into the cheeks on the side of the mouth. Users are urged not to do anything to induce excess saliva secretion because this will diminish the absorption rate of the drug by causing a larger portion of it to be flushed down the throat and dissolved by the stomach. Users are instructed not to take this product with food, because this will also greatly hinder the amount of the drug that is actually absorbed by the body. It is also important to note that users shouldn’t brush their teeth or do any kind of mouthwash 30 minutes before or after administration. The basic idea is to keep the mouth as undisturbed and as dry as possible while the hormone has time to seep into the pours on the inner lining of the mouth so that it can be properly absorbed.

unknown
    What a great article ! This is why im here ! ! ! Thanks, Bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

BassKiller,
    This is Amazing how the articles u have posted "Hit" right on the subject's i've had so many questions for.... for a long time ! My appreciation for all the info is in fact Un repayable ! Thank You so very much as i continue to learn plenty here on this forum... thanks to you ! ! ! BB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Awesome...... will try..... ! BB

search, read, learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BucoBob View Post
    BassKiller,
    This is Amazing how the articles u have posted "Hit" right on the subject's i've had so many questions for.... for a long time ! My appreciation for all the info is in fact Un repayable ! Thank You so very much as i continue to learn plenty here on this forum... thanks to you ! ! ! BB
    Thanks, Sorry I've been away.. Dealing with back issues

search, read, learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Myths About Peptides

The purpose of this article is not to promote the recreational use of peptides, rather to debunk with facts some misconceived notions surrounding them. Also, to raise awareness of the mainstream media’s desire to sell newspapers, gain website traffic or viewership by using racy headlines and inflammatory articles, over the need to unbiasedly educate the general populace.

Peptides Are Dangerous And Possibly Deadly – There is NO scientific or even ancillary evidence that supports this assertion. Unfortunately, news organizations get higher readership from headlines such as “Illegal Peptides May Be Fatal” than headlines like “Peptides May Help Millions of People”. In fact, there have been dozens of studies performed worldwide involving peptides and the worst known side effects when ingested by human participants were nausea, flushing, fever, increased libido and intense erections. That doesn’t sound deadly, unless you ‘re a girl on the receiving end of that side effect.

A Woman Died in a Tanning Bed After Using MT-2 – This story is TRUE! Well, sort of… A woman did die in a tanning bed in England and yes authorities found she had Melanotan 2 in her system. However, the autopsy revealed that she died from heart failure linked to obesity. Also, that visit was her third visit in three days to the tanning bed (Sunbed death not linked to banned tanning jabs, n.d.). Melanotan 2 had NOTHING to do with her unfortunate demise; it was merely a coincidence.

As a matter of fact, there was a recorded case (NCBI.nlm.nih.gov, n.d.) of a gentleman ingesting ten to twenty times the amount used in case studies and he did become slightly ill suffering nausea, vomiting and sympathomimetic excess and rhabdomyolysis. He went to the hospital and after an I.V. treatment was released 3 days later. According to the NCBI report, he also tested positive for opiates in his system so determining the cause of illness is impossible. Matter of fact, If you take ten-twenty times the dose of just about any over the counter drug, I imagine you’d experience similar illness or far worse. Take 40 Aspirin and see how your stomach lining fairs.

Peptides Must Be Refrigerated At All Times – Most peptides are sold in a lyophilized state (that is simply a fancy word for freeze dried). In this state, they are presumed stable for up to approximately two years. Once the peptide is reconstituted (that’s a fancy word for mixed with water or a sterile solution of some sort) then the mixture begins to breakdown and it is recommended the peptide be refrigerated to help maintain its chemical structure. It’s said that once refrigerated the peptide will retain its integrity for up to 6 months. Therefor refrigeration is recommended once reconstituted but unnecessary prior.

Mannitol Is Bad Or Is A Sign Of Low Quality Peptides – Not True and not sure how this rumor got started. Perhaps because when ingested in fairly large quantities it may cause diarrhea. Or because of its appearance it’s a popular substance to cut illegal drugs like cocaine. (Sorbitol vs. Mannitol, n.d.)Mannitol is a sugar substitute manufactured from fructose of corn starch and is used only to give the appearance of more substance in a vial. That’s it. I suppose if unscrupulous companies are making fake peptides and using mannitol as a substitute, then that is obviously bad. Most labs however, add it to peptides that are under 5 mg to give them a look of having a little more in the vial, WITHOUT negatively altering the actual amount of the peptide. Otherwise the vial looks so empty some researchers may be under the assumption they have been ripped off. Also, the addition of sucrose or mannitol has been known to help stabilize the peptide (NCBI.gov, n.d.)

They’re Unapproved Or Banned Worldwide – Truth is many peptides have been approved and are currently available by prescription in many countries including Australia, Italy and Switzerland that have recognized their potential for a variety of applications. Other countries including the US have granted Phase III approval (ClinicalTrials.org, n.d.) for testing of many peptides and it would seem it’s only a matter of time before they gain approval.

Peptides Are Not FDA Approved Therefore They Are Unsafe – Well, there is some truth to this, if they’re not FDA approved, then perhaps there is a safety concern involving the use of peptides. Furthermore, and just as important, in the US the ingestion of peptides are illegal due to the fact they are considered drugs and there is still a need for more tests to exam their long term effects on humans. Having said that, consider that most of the supplements in your local big name supplement store are not FDA approved but they’re protected under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994. Therefore millions of Americans ingest products that are NOT FDA approved and seem to gain benefits from such products, myself included. It’s estimated that the supplement business is a 35 billion dollar a year business. Seems as though a lot of people are ingesting things not approved by the FDA and not dropping dead.

Nasal Sprays Are An Alternative Method Of Administering Melanotan 2 – When trying to get a drug approved, it is estimated that about 90% of all drugs don’t make it due to safety risks, side effects, lack of funding, miniscule potential for profitability, etc. Peptides in general are considered to be poor drug candidates for FDA approval due to their low oral bioavailability and their lack of potential profits (Vlieghe, Lisowski, Martinez, & Khrestchatisky, n.d.). Therefore alternative methods of administering the drugs have been explored in hopes of a more acceptable means rather than injecting. In this endeavor, scientist created a nasal spray of Melanotan 2 for this purpose. However, after studies were performed, it was determined that the particles of the peptide were too large to be properly absorbed through the membranes in the nasal passage rendering the drug ineffectual. Also, due to the method of ingestion, increased blood pressure and heart rate was observed in most candidates. This was not the case with candidates from the injected trials. Therefor the nasal sprays have been abandoned and sites selling them online should be avoided

Article by... not me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Great info in this thread. Thanks. I ordered my peptides and this is my first time taking them. I'm 130 pound female and looking to lean out. I lift consistently and have for many years. Can you help me lay out the best dosages and time of day, frequency, etc. to take the following:

Cjc no dac
    ghrp2
    ipamorelim
    Fragment

Do you prefer sub q or im injections?

Thanks for any help.

search, read, learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

I would suggest you do the cjc-1295 and either ghrp-2 or the ipam as mention in my favorite peptide cycle. Morning, Pre workout or cardio and at night.

Subq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thank you. How would you fit the Fragment in the above mentioned cycle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Re: Pt 141

I am interested in some, ah, research with PT141, however in one particular case the, ah, lab rat has an established situation where any type of injection use is simply not an option.

My query in that regard is whether or not application via a 99.9% DMSO solution diluted down to 70% with distilled water and mixed with the prescribed amount of reconstituted PT141 would work?

I had been told that, contrary to information that DMSO carries ANYTHING across the skin barrier, that in fact DMSO only effectively transports small molecule substances across the skin barrier. And that the "approximate" size limit is 1000 g/mol. And, to make matters more interesting, the molecular size/weight of PT141 is something like 1025 g/ mol (!!!).

Basskiller, as you seem to be an obvious in-house peptide expert, do you have any information or thoughts in that regard?

Also (and this is a question that seems to have no answer by anyone, even the few manufacturers that I have contacted)... Once a peptide has been reconstituted (via BAC water) and has been refrigerated but then cannot be used for several weeks, can it be frozen in its liquid reconstituted state for a few months without loss of potency?

Thanks for any info / thoughts.

search, read, learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Makura View Post
    Thank you. How would you fit the Fragment in the above mentioned cycle?
    I wouldn't. What I might do is run the above cycle and then run a frag cycle.

search, read, learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LRS1969 View Post
    I am interested in some, ah, research with PT141, however in one particular case the, ah, lab rat has an established situation where any type of injection use is simply not an option.

My query in that regard is whether or not application via a 99.9% DMSO solution diluted down to 70% with distilled water and mixed with the prescribed amount of reconstituted PT141 would work?

I had been told that, contrary to information that DMSO carries ANYTHING across the skin barrier, that in fact DMSO only effectively transports small molecule substances across the skin barrier. And that the "approximate" size limit is 1000 g/mol. And, to make matters more interesting, the molecular size/weight of PT141 is something like 1025 g/ mol (!!!).

Basskiller, as you seem to be an obvious in-house peptide expert, do you have any information or thoughts in that regard?

Also (and this is a question that seems to have no answer by anyone, even the few manufacturers that I have contacted)... Once a peptide has been reconstituted (via BAC water) and has been refrigerated but then cannot be used for several weeks, can it be frozen in its liquid reconstituted state for a few months without loss of potency?

Thanks for any info / thoughts.
    Can you post a link to that study? Because there are many out there in different journal sites such as http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov that make claims just the opposite. One I just read about a man injecting way more than anyone should (6 times more) where it had an extreme averse effect. So if no injection was worth while, then that should have never happened to the man. The thing about studies, you can't really just go on one and assume a blanket effect.

As for the dsmo.. I'm not clear as to which side of the fence your on with your question
    It could just be me and the way I'm reading it.. but reread your explanation and see if it's not as if your attempting to say one thing but it's coming across as both ways in the same sentance

While I do have some knowledge in transdermals, it is limited. And quite frankly as far as peptides are concerned, even less. I've just never thought of using transdermally. So I never thought about it.

Transdermals can help cross the skin barrier and size of molecule is a definite factor. But as far as any specifics.. I'm just not sure.
    I do think it would make for a great discussion though and thank you for bringing it up.. something new to research. So I would suggest that we both try and research this more and revisit this

Lastly people have discussed the freezing of peptides after. In my eyes I've seen no company stand behind doing this. I really don't see a need for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Hello, I am very new to the forums so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I'm an athlete, never done a cycle before, however my main goals are strength and recovery. I'm considering skipping AAS and just going with peptides. I realize that the progress will be slower however the decreased sides, short detection times, and healing/joint benefits of peptides appeal to me.

Anyways I saw earlier in the thread you mentioned that they are usually not detected in urine drug tests. What exactly is the process of detecting peptides? I found this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21298258 and honestly some of it is over my head. Does this mean that they will be testing for metabolites instead of the actual substance? And does this study say that after 20 hours I will no longer have the metabolites that they are testing for? If I was using peptides and wanted to be safe how long would you suggest I stop use before a drug test.

I would be tested by USADA however I would know when the test was.