• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Past my Prime? Journal

Get Shredded!
Still smashin the iron crawfbigg ....:winkfinger:

I'm tryin..... if my shit would heal up I would go a bit harder....

Got my ass in the gym early today. Arrived about 6:10am. Get one in before I opened the place. Now at 7pm ass is kicked... lol... I been feeling this workout all day.

ME Upper

Pre hab
External Rotations w/ band – 2x12
Scapula Pushups – 2x12
Rear flyes, thumbs pointed out (5#) – 2x12

• good stuff shoulders felt fired up, considering it was so early and the state of my right shoulder.... needed this

Decline DB bench – 30s, 45s, 65s, 75s, 85s, 95s all x 10 reps. My shoulder was feeling it but I had more in the tank on these definitely, I was feeling stronger as I hit each set. I haven't went anywhere near 95s since I can remember on DBs so I stopped while I was still ahead. In all honesty maybe I could have done 105s for one additional set but.... I didn't...if my right shoulder felt normal I would not have hesitated for a second...

Close grip bench press – bar x 8, 95 x 8, 135 x 5, 165 x 5, 185 x 5, 200 x 5, 215 x 3, 225 x 3, 205 x 4, then 5 reps. I had a bit more in the tank but fear of ripping something in my right shoulder, I held back a little

Barbell extension to nose – (like a skullcrusher) 4x6 - used 95, 115, 135 x 2 sets felt stronger on these than last time

Meadows rows – 4x10. 2/25s, 3/25s, 4/25s x 2 sets

6 way shoulders - 4x6. used 5s, then 10s x 3 sets, my shoulders were done before I even started these, well my right one anyway....

Barbell Shrugs – 3x15 w/ 2 sec hold at the top. 185, 235 x 2 sets

Barbell curls - I totally missed these, I was out of time anyway, people were coming in and I can't train while I work so....fail, I didn't even notice them on the list until I looked at it again later...

• I call it maximum safe effort considering my right shoulder continuing to feel not right, but it was a good workout, these last two ME workouts are heavier than I have been doing over the last few months on chest and shoulder work, I have this little glimmer of hope my shit is gonna heal up, I can't believe I have been recovering enough to keep going. I guess my body is a bit more resilient than I thought.

Scuttled into the gym soreass shoulder and all last night. 4 out of the last 5 been hard at it. It's all good.

Max lower

Band leg curls – Warming up the hamstrings with some leg curls. 4x12

Front squat – bar x 8 x 2 sets, 135 x 5, 165 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 3, 265 x 2, 200 x 11. Was shooting for 3 on the 265. 265 x 2 is my best on front squat. I may have got it if I had went for it. I felt unsure on my jump. I thought I should just go 255. The first rep on 265 was a little off, I let the bar pull me down a little in front and I had to grind it back up, rep 2 was pretty good. My face was as red as a tomato and I just racked it. I felt disappointed in myself. I should have went for it. The rep out with 200 was rough. I was gasping for air and red as a tomato again. On rep 11 I was spent.

Squatting pull throughs – 5x10 - went a tad heavier on these than last time

Back raise with band – This was pretty rough too. Set 1 x 12 with red band, not bad, Set 2 x 12 with Orange band a lot harder, Set 3 x 12 OB feeling it big time, it's like the band just zaps you the more sets you use it. Set 4 x 10 OB, drop band do 20 bw reps. Low back, hammies super pumped!

Walking lunge – 4x8 each leg. 20s, 30s, 40s x 2 sets, the last set was rough, I was pretty whipped at that point

Abs – DB Side bends – 4x12 each side - pyramid up here and used a lot more weight than last time, used a 55lb. DB on last set, still plenty of room to progress on these

Prehab

Single leg glute bridge – 2x8 each leg
Glute bridge (both legs) – 2x12
Band Hip abduction (band around knees) – 2x12

A pretty damn good workout other than I wimped out on the 265 FS. I'll say though, I know where I stand on this exercise now. A little more time and I think this PR will go down easily. Tying it is nice in itself really but I want more.

I don't want to jinx anything but I think my shoulder may be overcoming the tendonitis. I have been training as hard as I dare to, and yet it is feeling better. Not pain free by any means, but better. I have also been using an herb called Solomon's Seal that is supposed to speed injury healing in connective tissue. Not really a big herb person but I must say I am now a believer. In use for one week now and notice a big difference. Probably a combo of the prehab work and herb but it has definitely had an impact.

DE upper

Dumbbell press - slight decline - 2 warm up sets, 65s, 80s, 90s, 100s all by 8 reps

Speed bench – Take 65% of raw max and do 9 sets of 3 with a minute rest between each set. Stay tight and be explosive. - I just realized last night that I used 50% instead of 60% on last week's DE workout. Well last night I used the correct weight. 175 for 9 sets of 3 after two warm up sets.

Neutral grip pulldowns –5 sets of 10 - I got too heavy on set 4, I only got 8 so I stayed there and did the fifth set with the same weight for 8.

Band flyes – Grab a couple mini bands and hook them to a power rack, one on each side. Find the right tension, stand in front of the rack/bands and perform flyes – 5 sets of 15 reps - Loved these, really good chest pump! Used red elite fts bands.

Bradford+1 – Bradford +1 is a difficult exercise, so start lighter than you think. Do one over and back, then press all the way up. That counts as 1 rep. First set do 12, second set do 10, and third set do 8. -got more on these than last week, just a tad. did 65, 85, then 95 on the last set

Prehab work

Band shoulder traction - same as last week

6 way shoulder complex – 1x8 each (front raise thumbs up, front raise thumbs down, side raise thumbs up, side raise thumbs down, bentover rear fly thumbs up, bentover rear fly thumbs down)- used 5lb. DB, this felt easier than last week

^^^^^ nice....hope ur shoulder continues to get better:winkfinger:

^^^^^ nice....hope ur shoulder continues to get better:winkfinger:

Thanks, me too. It has hindered me all year!

Arms (Biceps/Triceps/Calves)

Blew through this workout, had a great arm pump!

Rope pushdowns – paused flex at bottom of each rep, 12 reps all sets, pyramid up
• Supersetted with
Ez bar curls –Hold the top and flex your bis for 2 seconds on each rep. 8 reps. Had to use Cables, all EZ Bars being used.

4 supersets

Dumbell curls – Keep your palms up/supinated the whole time. Lower these with a 3 second count. Do sets of 8. Used 20s,25s,30s last two sets
• Supersetted with
Bent over rope extensions – Just take the rope and turn away from the rack, bend over to 90 degrees, and do rope extensions. Sets of 12. Pyramid up each set.

4 supersets

Single arm reverse grip pushdown – Got 12 every sets, pyramid up the first two sets, then static.
• Supersetted with
Barbell curl – Work the bottom half of these with a moderate to light weight. Only come up half way. Slow and controlled. 8 reps each set. Used the bar, bar + 10, bar + 20 last two sets

4 supersets

Standing calve raises – Did these on a Smith with a raised block, this gym doesn't have a standing calf but these feel the same. 135, 205, 255, 295, 315, 315, 315
• Supersetted with
Dorsiflexion - After each set of standing calves, I want you to stand up and simply dorsiflex your foot to train anterior tibialis. Do them until your tibialis goes numb. Didn't follow up the first set but then 50,50,50,50,50,50

Overall week 2 rocked! Liked it a lot. Feel somewhat stronger already. My shoulder may slowly be on its way to getting better which is encouraging. Ready for more!

Today did the First workout of week 3.

DE lower (BE)

Pre-hab work

Supermans – 2x12
Single Leg RDL – 2x8 each - went heavier on these, used a 20lb DB, then 25, much better than before
Band Hip Abduction (band around knees) – 2x15

Glute ham raise – 3x10 crushed it, beginning to love these

Squats – 8 sets of 2 @ 70% of your max. Be explosive! – 45 seconds rest between sets. This was awesome. Used 265 after several warm ups, and it felt quite easy which is kinda shocking, and great! Videoed these.

Speed deadlift - 8x1 at 70% of your max w/ 30 seconds rest between each single. Put my feet a little closer together this time. I used 265 after a few warm ups. Felt not real smooth, took me quite a few sets to feel as if I was getting in the right groove, don't know if I ever got there truthfully. Also videoed these.

Hack Squat – Do 2 sets of 18 at a good weight. Continuous reps. Could have went a little heavier than I did. I have never done much hack squatting. Didn't really know where I stood. The hack squat also is mega old and has a lot of friction making it very hard, which is fine. I just used one plate on each side. Did come away with a very good pump in my quads.

Serrano split squat – 3x8 each leg - these went better, for real this time, I was not shaking like a leaf this time, lol, still about ready to puke by the end, but better!

Dumbbell stiff leg deadlift – 3x12 - went heavier here, used 40s, 60s, then 75s
• Superset with
Supermans – 3x15 (hold at the top for a second) - I actually did birddogs, oops, I was like a Pavlov trained dog, did the birddogs without thinking... as this was on the last few DE Lower days

Abs – Hanging leg raises – 3x12 - this was mega tough, I got a solid 12 on the first set, set two about 9 good ones, the last three were ugly, set three about 7 good ones, and 5 uglies....

Love the DE Lower workouts, they kick my ass in a good way!

Got in Week 3 Workout 2 on Sunday afternoon.

Prehab work

External Rotations w/ band – 2x12
Scapula Pushups – 2x12
Rear flyes, thumbs pointed out (5#) – 2x12
• all this stuff still going well, really gets a nice amount of blood in my shoulders before starting

Max upper (Tri Emphasis)

DB floor press - this was much better than trying to do the barbell with the rigged up set up I had. 2 warm up sets, then 60s, 75s, 85s, 95s, 100s all by 8 reps, right shoulder was feeling it on the 100s but overall it wasn't that hard, just being cautious

Barbell Incline (at least 45* angle) – Went pretty much full out on these, maybe held back just a smidge.... 135, 175, 200 x 5, then 215, 225, 235, 240 x 3. 240 final rep was tough. Dropped to 220 did 5 reps, rack it, 1 rep, rack, 1 rep, rack, 1 rep, done....

Barbell extension to nose – this was definitely tougher with the 3 second descent and flex hold at top, I must be getting a bit stronger though because I was still able to work up to 135. Did 95, 115, 125, 135 x 6

Deadstop DB Rows – Crushed these, really should have done more, felt kinda easy, 65, 85, 95, 105

Y’s and T’s on incline bench – these were a first for me, just used 5lb. DBs, some great scap work..

DB Shrugs – 3x10 w/ 10 second hold - I did a double take when I saw 10 sec., lol, this was maybe the best trap pump I have ever had. Used 75s and by the last set I'd say I was not getting to a full 10 sec. by mid set.

Barbell curls – 65, 85, 85 x 12

Great workout, right shoulder destroyed as usual, but it's still not as bad as before. I think I stepped out a little further in terms of effort vs. safety, tested the boundary a little more. I scheduled an ART appt. for Wednesday with a certified ART place. I have not had true ART performed. I have been seeing a chiro and lmt but it's just not cutting the mustard, so hopefully this will. He sounds confident he can help me, we'll see.

Hit my third workout in a row last night. Probably not the best idea seeing as I just did lower body on Saturday. But my schedule being what it is this week that is what I had to do. And I must say it went better than expected.

Max lower (HE)

Band leg curls - 4x12

Deficit deadlift – 1 + 3/8" deficit, 135x8, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, 305x5, 325x3, 340x3, 305 x 5 singles with 15 seconds rest between. This went really well I thought. Felt good, worked hard, maybe had a few more pounds in the tank, but was happy with the outcome.

Band Arch back goodmornings – 4 sets of 20.

Back raise w/ weight– Hold a dumbbell in each hand but keep your arms straight the entire time (think of it like a deadlift). Perform back raises as you hold the weight. Come down, rest the dumbbells on the ground for a second, then squeeze up hard again. Do 3 sets of 12. This rocked. I love this. Used 15s, then 25s, then 30s.

Split Squat – These felt easy compared to the Serrranos. bwx10, 20sx10, 30sx10

Abs – Cable Pulldown Abs – 3x15

Prehab work

This program has been great so far. I feel better, stronger, more flexible, stable... etc. I am still fat, lol, but I am making progress at 43. I'll take it.

4 in a row, 6 out of the last 7, love it, kill it, lol...

Dumbell press - slight incline - 25s, 40s, 55s, 70s, 80s, 90s all by 10 reps

Speed bench – 3 warm ups, 190 x 3 x 9 sets, 195 x 1, 200 x 1

Wide grip pull-ups –4 sets, 10, 10, 8, 7 reps, this was rough on my right shoulder, I had to stay in a particular range of motion to even do it. Tried to use only lats as much as possible.

Strip the Rack Overhead Press – 1 warm up set, then 115 x 8, went up to 135 x 8 was too heavy to be explosive so I went back to 115 for the last two sets of 8.

Hang and Swing Rear Delts – this was pretty brutal, used 50s for 52 partials, dropped to 25s for 30 more, dropped to 10s for 15 full range reps, pumptastic!

Prehab Work

Band shoulder traction

6 way shoulder complex – 1x8 each (front raise thumbs up, front raise thumbs down, side raise thumbs up, side raise thumbs down, bentover rear fly thumbs up, bentover rear fly thumbs down)- used a 5lb. plate this time

Right shoulder feels quite pulverized this morning, as I expected it would. I would not have followed so many back to back workouts if it not be for my schedule this week. I would rather get them in than skip one though. ART tonight, should be interesting and painful!

Got the ART on Wednesday night. It was not as painful as I had heard. It actually felt kinda good. I felt looser when he and his assistant were done. But.... the next day, OH MY, my shoulder hasn't been this sore and achy for a long time. I mean really bad. It hurt to shift gears in my car. It hurt just to lift it. Got a little better as the day went on. Really I haven't felt right since last workout. I woke up on Wednesday morning just feeling drained. Tired, sluggish, beat up. I took it easy on this workout simply because of the pain. It feels a bit better this morning, hopefully when healed up again it will be better off all around from the ART. Will be going back Monday. Not this Monday, but the next.

Arms (Biceps/Triceps/Calves)

Pushdowns – Used the rope, pyramid up in weight each set, 2 warm up, 4 working
• Supersetted with
Barbell curls – Do 8 reps here with a nice 1 second flex at the top. Same as above, finished with 90 lbs. on last set
4 supersets

Hammer curls – Do sets of 8 here too, and hold for 1 second at the top flexing again. After you do 8 on each set, pump out 4 partials out of the bottom only coming up half way. Used 20s, 25s x 3 sets
• Supersetted with
Dips between benches – Do a 3 second negative, and then ram the weight down and flex for a split second. Do sets of 8 here too. Just used bw here, this was rough on my shoulder, was glad for the 3 second neg, intense stretch on the sore areas for sure!
4 supersets

Decline lying extensions – Do these very controlled and do not lock out completely. Keep constant tension on tricep. Do sets of 12. Used 75, 95, 105 x last two sets
• Supersetted with
EZ bar reverse curl – Do 10 reps with a full range of motion, and then do 6 partials out of the bottom only coming up half way! Used 25, 35, 45 x last two sets
4 supersets

Close grip pushups – Do one set to complete failure. Use a shoulder width hand placement. - much harder than I thought, 34 reps, I was toast!

Standing calve raises – Do plenty of warm up sets here. For our working set, do 10 reps, then hold and flex at the top for 10 seconds and repeat two more time for 30 total reps and 3 10 second pauses all contained within one set. After rereading these instructions I did this wrong, instead of 30, I was only doing 10 reps with a 10 second hold on the last one. I thought it seemed a little too easy. Man I have been off for the last two days! Anyway I did 240, 320, 360, 400, 440
• Superset with
Dorsiflexion - These for some reason felt harder than last week. Tib was cramping almost. Still did 50, 50, 50, 50, 50

Had a pretty good pump despite using lighter weights.

IML Gear Cream!
Shoulder is completely demolished, lol. I can barely use my right arm at the moment, seriously. It hurts and just feels totally jacked up. But I still hit a couple workouts this weekend. Albeit the upper body stuff hindered as usual. The ART treatment just put my shoulder in a different zone, I am wondering if it was beneficial or detrimental.

Saturday...

DE lower (BE)
Pre-hab work - Supermans – 2x12
Single Leg RDL – 2x8 each used 25s, then 30s this time, getting much better at these

Glute ham raise – 3x10 - still loving these

Front Squat – Take 70% of your best front squat from a couple weeks ago. 265 x 2 was my best, so I did 185 x 10 sets of 2, went really well.

Snatch grip deadlift with plates raise 3-4 inches. – Set the bar up about 3-4” off the ground (on pins or mats or some plates. Do 4 sets of 6. First time ever doing these so I was kinda feeling my way along on weight. 4 working sets were 225, 250, 275, 290 all for 6 reps fairly easy except the last set required some effort...

Leg Extension – 4 sets of 12-15 - pyramid - 100, 130, 160, 190

Dumbbell Stiff leg deadlift – 3 sets of 8, nice and controlled, squeeze glutes at the top. used 40s, 70s, 90s
Superset with
Supermans – 3x15

Weighted Situps – 3x12 used 25, then 45 last two

This workout went pretty good...

Sunday...

Max upper (Tri Emphasis)
Prehab work - External Rotations w/ band – 2x12
Scapula Pushups – 2x12
Rear flyes, thumbs pointed out (5#) – 2x15 - all felt decent, got the shoulders warm

DB flat bench - work up and do 3x8 - this actually didn't go too bad, 30s, 50s, 65s, 75s, 85s, 95s, 105s all by 8 reps

Reverse band bench (mini, monster mini or light band) – Work your way up until you get to a hard set of 5, but don’t fail. Then slowly work up again and do a max 3. After you hit your max 3, do a down set with 95% of what you just did. Do 3 singles at that weight. - Had to stop after the first triple, shoulder killing me, bicep too, just too painful to continue upping the weight. Did 95, 135 x 8, 185, 205, 225, 240 x 5, 255 x 3 then stopped :(....

DB Tate Press (triceps) – 4x8 used 20s, 30s, 35s, 40s

Strip the Rack BB Rows – did the smith machine 135, 185, 205, 225 x 2 sets, all for 8 reps

Face Pulls – 3x20 - kept this light as my shoulder was just mush at this point
Superset with
Hammer Curls – 3x10 used 25s, 30s, 35s

I would say as of right now I am day to day... lol...sucks actually..

Hey I was hopin that shoulder would get better wtf .....ur still smashin the iron tho :winkfinger:....just dont hurt it more........and thanks for stoppin my semi log brother:kiss:

Hey I was hopin that shoulder would get better wtf .....ur still smashin the iron tho :winkfinger:....just dont hurt it more........and thanks for stoppin my semi log brother:kiss:

Yeah, I'll be following your log for sure, cool to see you started one finally. My shoulder is a debacle. I am going to break down and get it fully checked out, xrays, mri, whatever the doc suggests I'm gonna do. I am not going to progress anywhere if I don't get this thing figured out.

Haven't been in for a while. Haven't been training much. I have hit two leg workouts over the last 10 days or so. It took me a week just to be able to get my shoulder rotated back enough to squat, and even now it ain't comfortable. Needless to say I've done no upper body work over this time span. Saw the doc on Tuesday morning and get an MRI this afternoon. From the initial exam and XRays I have an impingement, bone spurs galore, and arthritis. The biggest bone spur is jutting right into the bursa sac area. Also he said my external rotation is very weak in that shoulder and something might be torn, hence the MRI. So the prognosis looks to be surgery in my near future on the shoulder.

Prehab

Supermans 2 x 12
Single Leg RDL 2 x 8 with 20, then 25lb. DB

Band Leg Curls
2 x 12

Glute Ham Raise
3 x 10

Squats
bar, 135, 185 x 8
225, 265, 295 x 5
315, 335 x 3
225 x 20

Back Raises with DBs in hands
20s x 10
30s x 10
40s x 10

Serrano Split Squats
3 x 8 with the 3 second pauses at 3" and 6" per rep

Pull Down Abs
3 x 25

So I guess my plan going forward is to train legs and train upper body only in ways I can which will basically just be using my left side. I have been doing some cardio too. Cardio will help the healing process I think if I do end up getting surgery which I think is inevitable. And mentally I can still feel like I am accomplishing something if I can shed some body fat over this healing process.

Insanely nice :winkfinger:

Yes sir..

Well... good news, bad news, mostly good I suppose. My MRI results were better than expected. I have a couple tears in my labrum. One on top next to my bicep tendon, one on bottom towards the back of my shoulder. This explains my pain, it totally coincides with where my main pain centers are. Good thing is they aren't big enough to need surgery. My doc asked more deeply about my history, specifically "have you had periods in the last year or so where you were doing your upper body work was at full intensity without pain?", I said yes. He replied "well the big bone spur you have has probably been there for quite some time, maybe all this pain and inflammation is due to the tears you have just not given sufficient time to heal. Let's get all the inflammation out, try physical therapy one more time, if you become symptom free then let's get you back in the gym training and see how it goes." Leaving surgery as a last resort. I got a cortisone shot and start therapy Monday, twice a week for a month, then go back and see the doc again.

I had been pretty depressed leading up to the appt. Hell I broke down one day, went to the drive thru and bought some beer. Just sat outside in the nice weather and knocked a few back, cried in them as well, lol.... but ya know it relieved some stress truthfully. After the appt. I thought OK, now I know what is going down for the next little bit, let's get it back together and focus on what I can do. So yesterday I got back on a very clean diet and went to the gym and did a pretty good leg workout. I hit legs on Saturday too (DE), and really I only went off the diet bandwagon for a couple days but I mentally had let it all go. I'm glad it didn't last long. I also did fasted cardio this morning (30 min). Have been doing this off and on also. So feeling better, just have to stay strong and get healed up, and hope for the best. I am going to go back to the gym tonight and try to do some upper body sans using my right side, even the slightest sign of pain or pressure in that shoulder and it stops. Getting that healed up is priority #1.

Last night's workout, I stepped back and grabbed one of the routines I missed when all this hit the fan, it went like this:

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets of 12 - pyramid up

Anderson Squats in Smith machine - the starting point was just below parallel
135, 185 x 8
225, 275, 315 x 5
345, 365 x 3
335 x 2 x 2

Band Arch Good Mornings
4 sets of 15, 45 sec. rest between

Split Squats - 10 sec. pause in bottom before first rep
20s, 30s, 35s x 6

Pulldown Abs
3 sets of 25 - pyramid up

Prehab Work

Hey ....its not all that bad of news rite? U may rest and allow those tears to heal properly and u may be all good!!!!!!!....so that would be awesome :winkfinger:.....and look I go into the dumps often about stuff too craw its how we handle it that decides how long were goin to be down .....trust me since a teen I been fightin depression ....we can get thru that .....Its not easy to combat at first but as u do it each time ur down it does....and today I am aware when its comin and I always plan out stuff ,make a plan to combat that issue or problem that brouggt me down .....hey u can hit legs and allow injuries to heal and hey plan out ur come back when ur better or ur thought on how to lightly work it till a slight pain and stop....hey ur not out of game brother its just halftime.....:winkfinger:.....

Thanks Twisted. You're right. Gotta stay positive. Hit fasted cardio again this morning 30 min. and did do some upper body work on my left side last night.

OH DB Press
25 x 8
45 x 8
55 x 8
65 x 8 x 2 sets

Flat DB Press
35 x 8
55 x 8
70 x 5
85 x 5
100 x 5
105 x 3

DB Tate Press
20 x 10
30 x 10
40 x 8 x 3 sets

Band One Arm Rear Delt
3 sets of 12

Rear Delt Hang and Swing
35 x 25, 25, 20

DB Curl with 3 sec Neg
25 x 8, 30 x 8 x 2 sets

Felt real weird having a pump in only one side of my body. Better get used to it for now. Ate clean, weighed 204.8 this morning.

Fasted cardio this morning. 30 min. Hit some legs yesterday after work. Staying positive. Do what I can do, make the best of it.

Dumbbell stiff leg deadlift
3 warm ups
65s x 12
80s x 12
90s x 12
95s x 12

Front Squat – 75-80%, 8x2 – 45 seconds rest between sets.
5 warm up sets
200 x 2 x 8 explosive

Banded Back Extensions
3 sets of 12 with Orange Band

Reverse lunge – 3x12 bw, 20s, 35s, minimal rest

Reverse Hyper – 3 sets of 15 bw (no machine available)
Tri set with
Single leg glute bridge, foot elevated on bench – 3x10
Tri set with
Hanging Leg raise – 3x8-10

First physical therapy session this afternoon. Should be fun and expensive...:wits:. Weigh-in: 203.8. Have a good Monday guys!

Get Shredded!
Hit some upper left side work last night, incorporated my new physical therapy exercises, 30 min. fasted cardio this morning. Therapy went ok on Monday. The guy seemed to be very good at his craft and was encouraged by my range of motion, forced range of motion by him. But he said that if he can get my shoulder where it needs to be, then with some time, healing and strengthening, things may turn out pretty good. I hope so. He said, as did the doc, that I have an unusual amount of arthritis already for someone my age. Wonderful...:mad:

Rehab work - 20 minutes

Left side work
Decline DB
30 x 12
50 x 12
65 x 10
75 x 10 x 3 sets

Nautilus Chest
5 sets pyramid up, drop set on last set

DB Deadstop Tricep Ext
15 x 12
25 x 10 x 3 sets

Meadows Rows
bar x 8
1|25 x 8
2|25s x 8
3|25s x 8
4|25s x 8 x 2 sets

Face Pulls with Band
1 set of 100 reps

Band Side lateral superset with DB Hammer Curl
3 sets - reps: 25/10, 15/10, 12/10

Legs tonight. I dusted off my Parrillo books and have been on a diet of his for one week now. Basically following along with his style as far as the morning fasted cardio and food. It's more of a low fat scheme, except for using a lot of MCT oil. He believes that MCT Oil, specifically his brand which I can't afford, but nevertheless, that MCT Oil and carbs are less likely to store as body fat than dietary fats. So you still get to eat plenty of carbs even when cutting. There is a crunch time towards the end though if you desire to get really lean. 4 to 6 weeks depending on how long you want or need to suffer. Weigh-in: 202.8.

Last edited:
Legs and shoulder rehab work.

Rehab work - 20 minutes

Single Leg Band Leg Curls
4 sets of 12

Squats
bar, 135 x 8
185, 225 x 6
275 x 5
315 x 3
340 x 1 x 3 sets

Leg Extensions ss with Hack Squats
4sets - pyramid up on each - reps: 15/10 on all

Hip Abductor Machine
2 sets of 20

Weighted Sit Ups
25 x 15
45 x 12 x 2 sets

30 min. fasted cardio this morning. Weigh-in: 202.8. No lift tonight just rehab work, meal prep, some normal life duties...

subd,,,nice log....in 40's as well and my wife calls it my mid life crisis cycle....wtf!!!!! anyways......i think this is the age that everything start going wrong on a person...kinda like a car at 80,000 miles needs new shocks,belts,trod ends,bushings etc etc......keep killin it bro.....just get a tune up every now and they....consisting of high test/gh doses and should be fine...:D

subd,,,nice log....in 40's as well and my wife calls it my mid life crisis cycle....wtf!!!!! anyways......i think this is the age that everything start going wrong on a person...kinda like a car at 80,000 miles needs new shocks,belts,trod ends,bushings etc etc......keep killin it bro.....just get a tune up every now and they....consisting of high test/gh doses and should be fine...:D

thanks bro, I hear ya, I have had one injury after another this year, sucks, but I'll keep battling... my wife thinks I'm crazy too, lol. I'll get me some GH when I get past these damn doctor bills... thanks for droppin' in!

Did a little upper body work (left side) and shoulder rehab Friday, legs yesterday after work. Fasted cardio Sat. morning 30 mins. Small cheat on Saturday. Nothing big. Had Olive Garden. Couple breadsticks and salad. My meal was Trout with some pasta and broccoli. Later had a couple bowls of regular person cereal (Special K protein) with protein powder milk. Very conservative cheat. Besides that still eating very clean.

Prehab Work

Supermans – 2x12
Single Leg RDL – 2x8 each - 20, then 25 lb. DB
Band Hip Abduction machine– 2x15

Glute ham raise – 4x8 - bw 2 sets, 10 lb. plate 2 sets

Squats – 12x2 – 3 warm ups, then 225 for 12 x 2 explosive, felt good

Leg Press – Did 1 second pause at bottom of each rep, 1 pps x 10, 2 pps x 15, 3 pps x 30, 4pps x 25, 5 pps x 20

Serrano split squat – 3 x 8

Dumbbell stiff leg deadlift – flex from glutes 3x8 - 45s, 70s, 90s

Fasted cardio this morning 30 mins. - weigh-in: 202.4. Looking a little leaner. Visible atrophy in my right arm, shoulder, pec from no lifting..:mad:, feeling pretty good though.

Went to my subdivision community workout room last night. Just not feeling the gym. I mean on upper body days I am not doing a whole lot. It is going to rock when the doc says I am cleared to lift again. Granted it's going to be super light in the beginning, but just being able to do it again will be nice. So I did my rehab work for my shoulder then hit some of their machines for upper body left, did some calf work on the leg press, and did a few sets of forearms with both arms. Did 19 minutes of cardio after that. I have PT today at 2pm which meant I had to come to work early today to get in my hours. I got up at 3:30 this morning and did some cardio and stretching, 30 min. between elliptical and bike. Diet still clean. Weigh-in: 201.8.

Well the weight loss seems to have halted. 203 for the last couple of days. I intensified the cardio a bit this morning. Still 30 mins. but did some interval jogging on slight incline instead of just the bike. 20 mins. there, 10 on the bike. Did some legs last night at the gym. Low back feeling a little quirky so I didn't do anything really heavy.

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets pyramid up, quadruple drop on last set, just 20 partials after the last drop

DB Split Squats
3 sets pyramid up 8-10 reps
1 more set with triple drop, 50 total reps each leg

One Leg Leg Press
3 sets of 25 each leg

DB Weighted Back Extensions
4 sets of 9-15 reps

Hanging Leg Raises
3 sets of 8-10

I worked in my shoulder rehab stuff all throughout this workout. They have increased my load big time, it's a mini workout to do basically. Whatever works, I don't care, just get my ass healed up. I was thinking I'll start pledging all gear usage on here as well. I notice most others keep this posted, I really don't. Not that I have a lot to report, can't afford a whole lot, but I'll post anyway. Gears: so last night 500iu HCG, .5 Adex. Woooooo.... serious user huh....:roflmao:. It will get better as I heal. Nothing big, but more for sure. I really am just running HRT right now. Supplements: I use about 4 scoops total ed of ON Gold Whey in my two 1/2 cup (dry) of oatmeal meals, in this I also put 2 tbsp. Now MCT Oil. I take one tbsp. MCT Oil with 3 other meals, and with my 6th and final meal I just have a tablespoon of regular fat like PB or Olive Oil or something. With 4 of the 6 meals a day I have been taking one BI Lean Out and a True Nutrition Whole Food Multi. With my morning fasted cardio I throw a scoop of ON Amino Energy into some water and take it with me. Besides that the only other thing I do is True Nutrition Custom I order of Branched Cyclic Dextrin and Casein Hydrolysate 50/50 which I take for intra workout. I haven't been doing that much lately since training has been amped down. I'll still take a 2 scooper of it if I am going to do a hard leg workout. That's all I got.

Im at a hault too with weight loss :thinking:..what gives:roflmao:.......ur killin it brother

Im at a hault too with weight loss :thinking:..what gives:roflmao:.......ur killin it brother

Well it's either time to up the intensity or duration of cardio, change up macros a bit, change something but I am not going to do that just yet. I always get too impatient. Gotta gives things time. As long as nothing major happens I'm just going to ride it out as is for a while longer.

Havent' really done shit as far as weights the last few days, just hitting my shoulder rehab stuff. Have still been doing cardio fasted in the mornings. Hit the streets today and jogged the neighborhood as the light of the day was just cracking. Felt good. Weigh-in: 201.8. Gears: 750iu HCG, .5 Adex. Supps: same. Have a good Saturday!

Well it's either time to up the intensity or duration of cardio, change up macros a bit, change something but I am not going to do that just yet. I always get too impatient. Gotta gives things time. As long as nothing major happens I'm just going to ride it out as is for a while longer.

Havent' really done shit as far as weights the last few days, just hitting my shoulder rehab stuff. Have still been doing cardio fasted in the mornings. Hit the streets today and jogged the neighborhood as the light of the day was just cracking. Felt good. Weigh-in: 201.8. Gears: 750iu HCG, .5 Adex. Supps: same. Have a good Saturday!

Yea just do ur shoulder rehab ...and idk whats goin on with my weight but i did lose approx 7lbs in 4 wks ai just personally like to be 210 ..then blast a nice cycle and turn up intensity in gym even more ..but bm is helpin me so we see what his plan is

Back