• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Legs workout

Maxtatts

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Been trying to lift heavy for my legs but not seeing good results. I think im gonna go light and high rep. Any1?

How often do you work them out? For the longest time I didn't see any results...then I realized it's bc I was always finding excuses not to do them so I only ended up doing them once every 2 weeks or so. lol I lift them as heavy as I can now at least once a week and am seeing some good results.

I'm a leg freak. I train them 2 to 3 times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxtatts I never benefited much from squats (5 herniated discs in my back). So I focused a lot on leg press when I started training them hard about 5 years ago.

I'm a leg freak. I train them 2 to 3 times a week.

Same. I do a heavy squat oriented day and a DL oriented leg day with 3 calf + quad days. For a total of 3 days a week. I gained 3 inches on my legs in less than a year going hard and never skipping a day with this program. Has always worked for me and will never change. Legs more than once a week is a necessity for anyone truly wanting more MASS. OP, do 8 squat sets of 5 reps going to the heaviest you can for 5 then 5 sets of 6-8 front squats then all other shaping exercises. Then do the same thing but with 10 reps each set or do a deadlift+ leg machine day for 2 leg days a week. If you don't grow you're doing it wrong.

Maxtatts I never benefited much from squats (5 herniated discs in my back). So I focused a lot on leg press when I started training them hard about 5 years ago.

Bad back? Front squats > Leg press. A girl blowing on your legs telling them to grow > Leg press :p

Agree with R3ps completely. I hit a wall in my gains until I blasted my legs 3 times a week and literally gained 40 lbs of mass in my quads and glutes in 3 months (gear free I might add). You gotta hit them hard and even when they're sore you still blast them.

IML Gear Cream!
I wish I had that kind of committment. My calves need a serious overhaul.

Do what Arnold did bro... He cut all of his pants into capris right below his knees as a reminder to train his calves hardcore.

Do what Arnold did bro... He cut all of his pants into capris right below his knees as a reminder to train his calves hardcore.

LOL omg thats awesome. I love seeing these zyzz fags at my gym with huge upper bodies and wear sweatpants every time cause theyre hiding the pencilish skinny ass legs I have ever seen. F8ckers look like they're walking on stilts. I wear shorts to the gym all the time so I can make everyone feel bad when they stare at my calves which of course motivates me to work them out more. #such a dick

LOL omg thats awesome. I love seeing these zyzz fags at my gym with huge upper bodies and wear sweatpants every time cause theyre hiding the pencilish skinny ass legs I have ever seen. F8ckers look like they're walking on stilts. I wear shorts to the gym all the time so I can make everyone feel bad when they stare at my calves which of course motivates me to work them out more. #such a dick

I wear oversized Adidas pants so in my head I think that my legs aren't shit and I have to train them that much harder to fill the pants up. Currently on XXL size.

I won't sit here and preach right from wrong, bro, because this is a guy with 4 (maybe 5th on the way) knee repairs done since 1988. While I was, literally, told by my recent knee surgeon to stop the squats and leg presses, I actually laid low on the extensions and curls. Quite honestly, they were hurting my knees more than the strength training lifts. Despite my doctors orders, I've actually increased my squats by almost double but my leg press is nothing like it was before my surgeries.

But that's just me, I pushed myself in the gym but not in powerlifting training. I assured my doctor that I would not be trying to squat 1000 pounds or anything. I'm strong and persistant but not stupid. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I won't sit here and preach right from wrong, bro, because this is a guy with 4 (maybe 5th on the way) knee repairs done since 1988. While I was, literally, told by my recent knee surgeon to stop the squats and leg presses, I actually laid low on the extensions and curls. Quite honestly, they were hurting my knees more than the strength training lifts. Despite my doctors orders, I've actually increased my squats by almost double but my leg press is nothing like it was before my surgeries.

But that's just me, I pushed myself in the gym but not in powerlifting training. I assured my doctor that I would not be trying to squat 1000 pounds or anything. I'm strong and persistant but not stupid. LOL

Speaking of your rep question. You can go higher reps but trust me it ain't going to be light....maybe the first 10 or 12 will be but, by time you get to 20 you should be screaming for the set to be over...I would play with it a little...but, whatever you decide to do give it time to work...maybe 8 weeks or so. By then you should be able to say yes or no...

The leg press is just a knee extension. That is all it is. If you have strong knees you'll be a good leg presser. I've seen guys that can leg press 16+ plates for reps and have a hard time getting up 2 and a quarter on squats.. Squat big or go home. Bad knees? Wrap em, increase reps. Bad Back? Front squats + tight belt. You are just a major pussy trying to use test cycles to cheat your way to big muscles? There's this thing called a smith machine...

The leg press is just a knee extension. That is all it is. If you have strong knees you'll be a good leg presser. I've seen guys that can leg press 16+ plates for reps and have a hard time getting up 2 and a quarter on squats.. Squat big or go home. Bad knees? Wrap em, increase reps. Bad Back? Front squats + tight belt. You are just a major pussy trying to use test cycles to cheat your way to big muscles? There's this thing called a smith machine...

Just a knee extension? Basically physiology says your wrong its also a hip extensor. Notice you go into more hip and knee flexion at the bottom? But you are correct if you mean not as much as a free squat.

Back