• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Clomid on TRT?

Snake Plisken

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok, I've been on TRT for 6 years, 200/mg Test Cyp per week, along with some blasts here and there; all good. I recently asked my Dr. for an anti-estrogen and he prescribed me Clomid. Since I don't do PCT, I don't see how this is going to be of any help. Does anyone have any insight?

You should have asked him for an inhibitor. Clomiphene citrate is going to work against you.

200mg cyp/wk is pretty standard, you're having gyno flare up or other e2 sides?

HOWEVER, it does lessen estrogenic side effects, and if you have no real natural test to reproduce I could see this working. However I would figure arimidex would be cheaper on the legal consumer.

Stay safe

Last edited:
I'm not having gyno problems, I just heard from a few vets that an AI would enhance TRT, so I asked the Dr. He's a good guy and an TRT advocate, I just don't understand why he wouldn't do arimidex.

So you think taking the Clomid could be beneficial?

Thanks.

More beneficial than taking nothing. And really if your e2 isn't high its no biggy.

:winkfinger:

This information also may help you.

Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM) Compounds that bind with estrogen receptors and exhibit estrogen action in some tissues and anti-estrogen action in other tissues. The ideal SERM would deliver all the benefits of estrogen without the adverse effects. ex: Clomiphene Citrate (Marketed as Clomid or Serophene). Tamoxifen (Marketed as Nolvadex).

Aromatise Inhibitor (AI) Aromatase inhibitors exhibit a very different mechanism of action than SERM?s. Aromatase inhibitors prevent the conversion of androgens into estrogen in fat, muscle, breast, and brain. ex: Anastrazole (brand name Arimidex). FEMARA (letrozole tablets).

NOTE: Clomid and Nolvadex are both anti-estrogens belonging to the same group of triphenylethylene compounds. They are structurally related and specifically classified as selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) with mixed agonistic and antagonistic properties. This means that in certain tissues they can block the effects of estrogen, by altering the binding capacity of the receptor, while in others they can act as actual estrogens, activating the receptor. In men, both of these drugs act as anti-estrogens in their capacity to oppose the negative feedback of estrogens on the hypothalamus and stimulate the heightened release of GnRH (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone). LH output by the pituitary will be increased as a result, which in turn can increase the level of testosterone by the testes.

Although these two are related anti-estrogens, they appear to act very differently at different sites of action. Nolvadex seems to be strongly anti-estrogenic at both the hypothalamus and pituitary, which is in contrast to Clomid, which although a strong anti-estrogen at the hypothalamus, seems to exhibit weak estrogenic activity at the pituitary.

by William Llewellyn

SERM:
Clomid, stimulates the hypophysis to release more gonadotropin so that
a faster and higher release of follicle stimulating hormone aud
luteinizing hormone occurs. This results in an increase of the body's
own testosterone production. Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, however
it does also work as an anti-estrogen. How does it work? Because it is
a weak synthetic estrogen, it will bind to the estrogen receptor (ER)
and not cause any problems. At the same time the increase in estrogen
from steroids are blocked from attaching to the ER.

Nolvadex, is very comparable to Clomid, behaves in the same manner in
all tissues, and is a mixed estrogen agonist/antagonist of the same
type as Clomid. The two molecules are also very similar in structure.
It is not correct that Nolvadex reduces levels of estrogen: rather, it
blocks estrogen from estrogen receptors and, in those tissues where it
is an antagonist, causes the receptor to do nothing.

Cyclofenil, similar to HCG and Clomid in action. This drug is most
commonly used to increase endogenous testosterone levels after a cycle
in an attempt to avoid a hard crash while waiting for your hormone
levels to naturally balance. Similar to HCG and Clomid, cyclofenil
seems to quickly and effectively raise natural levels. Cyclofenil is
an estrogen that works as an anti-estrogen as well as a testosterone
booster.

AI:
Femara, (letrozole tablets) for oral administration contain 2.5 mg of
letrozole, a nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor (inhibitor of estrogen
synthesis). Letrozole is a nonsteroidal competitive inhibitor of the
aromatase enzyme system; it inhibits the conversion of androgens to
estrogens.

Cytadren, (aminoglutethimide) at moderate doses, is a fairly effective inhibitor of aromatase and a weak inhibitor of desmolase (an enzyme needed for the
production of all steroids), and at higher doses becomes an effective
inhibitor of desmolase. It is therefore useful when using aromatizable
steroids, though it is not the drug of choice for this purpose.

Aromasin, tablets for oral administration contain 25 mg of exemestane,
an irreversible, steroidal aromatase inactivator. Exemestane is
chemically described as 6-methylenandrosta-1,4-diene-3,17 -dione.

Anastrozole,(Arimidex) is the aromatase inhibitor of choice. The drug
is appropriately used when using substantial amounts of aromatizing
steroids, or when one is prone to gynecomastia and using moderate
amounts of such steroids. It is manufactured by Zenica Pharmaceuticals
and was approved for use in the United States at the end of Dec 1995.

Proviron, is also an estrogen antagonist which prevents the
aromatization of steroids. Unlike the antiestrogen Nolvadex which only
blocks the estrogen receptors (see Nolvadex) Proviron already prevents
the aromatizing of steroids. Therefore gynecomastia and increased water
retention are successfully blocked. Since Proviron strongly suppresses
the forming of estrogens no re-bound effect occurs.

Teslac,is unique in its effectiveness as an antiestrogen. Like
Proviron, it prevents the aromatizing process of the steroids from the
basis. Thus, Teslac prevents almost completely the introduction of more
estrogens into the blood and subsequent bonding with the estrogen
receptors.

6-OXO, contains a naturally occurring aromatase inhibitor that is devoid of any direct hormonal or prohormonal activity (androgenic or estrogenic). It is what science refers to as a "suicide inhibitor" of aromatase.

L-Dex, same as arimidex or anastrozole; known as an AI and popular on chemical supply sites. This is the name given on chemical supply sites instead of it's original name. L-Dex meaning "Liquidex".

There are a number of chemical research sites that sell liquid products similar to the above mentioned items. These products are the same but in liquid form such as liquid clomid, liquid nolva, liquid femera, and liquid arimidex.

Dosage's are usually adminstered by droppers but dosage amounts per ml differ from site to site.

That's great information. Yeah, I'll take the Clomid and next time I see him will make the case for 'dex.

Snake I know this is old but I was thinking of trying the same thing. So what were your results?

My Dr prescribed an AI out of the gate in conjunction with 200mg/week Test C. I would assume just asking for an AI would work, or you could be a little sneakier and say: "Hey Doc.. good news!! Im growing some really nice tittys!!!" That would work too

I'm on 220mg a week now and have been as high as 240mg and my e was still normal. I was looking at it as a way to up my test a little more and increase volume. I read an article on datbtru forum about it increasing the mess you leave on your old lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back