• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

German Volume Training

I've been looking at GVT for a couple of weeks. Reading this filled in all the blanks and gave me exactly what I needed to know. I plan on starting this for upper body this week. An old injury keeps me from going heavy so GVT is a perfect fit.

Thanks for posting this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use GVT pretty often I think its a great curve ball to throw into your training to restart gains. I know everyone responds differently but for me it works great

Just did GVT for biceps. 5x10 with a 70# bar and 5x10 with 35# DBs. I thought my biceps were gonna blow out! I can't believe I can even type this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got ya thanks bro I appreciate it, this training looks awesome want to start it tomorrow, volume training is good for mass right?

This is a great workout plan. I'm new to ASF and this Info is exactly what I'm looking for. Starting legs tonight man. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How much cartio do you mix in with this workout

How much cartio do you mix in with this workout

I honestly don't do any cardio with this. The main point of GVT is mass, so I wouldn't recommend heavy cardio with it (unless you want to make it harder to recover/have to eat tons more food). If anything you want to stretch a lot and get a lot of sleep. Maybe do some light stair climber work to get the blood circulating.

Your CNS is going to have enough fun with the weights, so if you do want to do cardio, do the routine for a couple of weeks first and ease yourself into it.

I have always been interested in this. But feel bad for hogging one machine/bench/etc. for that large amount of time, my gym is constantly crowded.

Gvm is killer, currently.hitting.chest after an.off week and had to reduce weight.from 205 to 185'after 6 sets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have been on gvt for 5 weeks and this program definitely works.

GVT Works, Poliquin is a beast for bringing it to the US. THE PUMPS, incredible.

I have been on GVT for the past month. Never tried it before and I must say its just the thing I needed to shock my system.

Great workout!! I do it 3 times a year, much pain but awesome results!
Morray

Been lifting heavy. Shoulders and left elbow have been killing me so I did a gvt yesterday for chest, tri, and shoulders. Just to give my joints a break. Forgot how sore gvt can make you. Feels good.

IML Gear Cream!
It's fucking awesome to see this thread alive and well still. I am going tk be due for a good get run very soon. And to npf87: brother never feel bad about hogging a machine. You're there for you. Let the kids work in between your sets (and with get they got plenty of time lol), and you'll find out most aren't crazy enough to want to coming le with all the sweat on the bench, so you look polite and and you still get the bench. Haha. Within bounds, always put your workout first. You are there for you man.

I'll try it this afternoon for chest and tris... If I have any tris left.. Can't wait for the pump... Unf

Last edited:
I love german volume training! I've been doing this for three weeks. My routine is a little different. I use my first exercise as a german volume training and usually on a weak point so if chest I may do 10x10 of incline bench. I only do one and then I'll do something like flatbench 3x10, pec dec 3x10 and french presses 3x10. So far so good.

I ran GVT last winter and loved it, put on quite a bit of strength and size w/ it. Will do it again this winter. Once a year is enough as it is really taxing your CNS.

I have my kids doing a modified version of it, started them lite around 50% of their 1RM. Funny to hear my oldest (15) tell me he's starting to get chest cleavage from chest growth and I catch him flexing in the mirror.

It's a great concept, however, I don't use it often. I will incorporate gvt maybe once a month. Sometimes twice.

I love German Volume training i just do mine a little different but i get serious results
Example i always superset each set
Incline chest 30,25,20,15
ss w
flat db flys 20,15,15,10

My reps are alittle more n rest time is under a min per superset Ill do about 3-4 supersets each body part with 4-5 sets each. Try to hit each body part twice a week. German volume in the beginning round one. Second time hit body parts i super set body parts example chest and back and stay w reps around 10. That helps me really recover for next weeks german volume. This is just an example what i have done for three years about 6 weeks on 3 week off. I gain great size, build massive muscle endurance , burn great body fat and become super vascular. Thanks gs for the post good read

can someone private message me on how to take HGH. I have getropin 100mcg I need to know how to mix it, how to take it, where to take it, and how often to take it. im on Test E right now. private message only if you know a lot about HGH Thanks

Back