• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cheap BLOODWORK - How to get it without Insurance

IML Gear Cream!
Well I called LabCorp to see a comparison of what their charges are. $344 for a Testosterone panel and Estrogen panel... $180 ish ( i was in shock from the $344, so I didnt quite hear the rest of the amount for the estrogen.).

Looks like Ill be using the method listed here.

So you select female panel , and then input all your information?

Do you select Male for your sex?

Here's a little story for you all. This a serious section, so here's some humor with something that happened to me today:

Went to a doctor today (this is in New York City. The method in the stickied thread cannot be used in NY/NJ/RI).

Let me just say, this will be the LAST TIME I will visit a doctor over the age of 35 to request bloodwork. Next time, I'm either asking the doctor's age when I call to make an appointment (prefer not to use my regular doc to ask for bloodwork regularly) or I'm just going over to Connecticut (30 minutes by train) to use the method above.

I walk into her office and take a seat. Have to wait half an hour for her to come to the room (note this is one of those fancy big expensive practices with like 6-7 doctors, and I'm not using my insurance for this, paying full price). I check out the view from the window, play with my phone, rearrange some papers in my briefcase. Sitting around like this guy:
are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-154.gif

She asks me how I'm doing and what she can do for me. I ask for a complete blood test: "I just wanted to get a full blood panel done, so RBC count, cholesterol, liver enzymes, testosterone, the hormones, all that jazz" I ask her.
Almost immediately, an eyebrow was raised. "Why do you want to check hormones?"
She looked at the new patient form I had filled out (where I was asked how often I drink, allergies how many partners I'd had in the last 6 months, etc.)

Immediately, the doc asks "You've clearly been very sexually active, is it a sexual issue?"
Me at this point:
kayne-west-annoyed-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-160.gif

Me: "Ehh...no, I just would like to have a complete picture of my health"

Her: "But we don't normally do hormone tests like that for people under 45. Is it ED (erectile dysfunction)? If you're having some erectile problems with your torpedo, we can test for that without a blood panel."

Me:
154f2xk.gif

"No. I don't have ED. I just-"

Her: "We can test for STDs too without a blood panel"

Me: "That's fine, but I don't have any STDs (she's about to jump in here and I don't let her) and everything works just fine. I'd tell you if it wasn't; I just wanted to get a picture of my health, and I do this every 3-4 years. I would really love for you to write me up for a blood test."

Her: Blah Blah Blah (same as above, bullshitting me about why a blood test isn't "necessary," but I could still get one if I wanted) I also mention to her that even though my insurance pays for it, I'd like to pay it from my own pocket (practices make more from private patients than insurance) because I'd like to keep it off of my records. (she goes on for about 10 minutes.)

Her: "I still don't think it's necessary, but well, here you go, I've just put it into the system. The receptionists can forward it and you can just walk into any labcorp and get it done."

Me: Thank you SO much for your time. I appreciate all your help, doctor. Good afternoon, and see you again.
25455.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, appreciate the fact you don't have to deal with this bullshit (if you're not in NJ, NY, or RI). Use the method in the sticky and get it done without going into your doc (or find a doc under the age of 40).

I'm firmly of the belief that old doctors have outdated knowledge (which a weekend of continuing education every 5 years won't fix), have little awareness of issues that effect men (such as andropause and TRT), and know little about AAS (except those with residency in Endocrinology). Docs who have graduated in the late 90s and 00s have more awareness of these issues, and better yet, they know not to bullshit you when you ask specifically for a test, say you're healthy, and want to pay for it from your own pocket.

/End Rant

-Rainier

Great story man. Very interesting.

theres actually a way that ive used and have ahared with many, and it will work im sure in anystate because its federally mandated> so ill share with you a simple way. you cant just walk in some offices unless you have a referral from a doc for the lab, so very simply you tell them you think you have contracted an infectious disease such as hep C, ive had the best panels done for free with that one because they have to treat you as to help stop the spread of, and you can come up with alot of great conclusions, my girls brother is an addict and we were taking him to rehab and i got poked with his needle, and the list can be long and imaginative, if any body wants to shoot holes in it, hey it worked for me and others, and payed 0, or you can go the other route, ive had fertility clinics do all my labs for yrs, yea my wifes trying to have a baby and i dont know why it aint working,???? and if ya wanna be a straight shooter, alot of the hospitals have a community insurence but dont advertise, you would go in there and speak with admissions and ask for any form to fill for assistance, i know massachuesetts and rhode island have them, ri is rhode island hospital, and they give you 6 months of treatment i just looked it up, and mass is a common wealth that gives everyone living there free coverage, infact they even cover fertility one of the very few, but sure as hell, you go anywhere and tell them you think you got hep c, i dont care if you tell them you shot 5000mgs of testosterone, you tell them you shared that needle with your boy who is on anti furon right now for hep c and you my friend will have 10 pages of labs !!!

thats not a story, its a fact...
i hope it helped someone

The 15% discount code as of today( I used it in my order and it worked) is: n48hs33f. To be used @ checkout -www.privatemdlabs.com

Thx for these 15% coupons. I don't get em anymore and have to fall back on a longterm 10% coupon code otherwise. Once they got you hooked, no more fresh 15% deals.

My pleasure

I just used this site (privateMD Labs) and it worked out fine. I used a discount code and everything and it cost $50.99. Not bad, considering I'm worried about Low T anyway. It'll be nice to get it figured out once and for all. Thanks for the help.

New 15% discount code good till August 31st: EFEWR34J
I used this today and it worked. No excuses.. get your labs and stop guessing. You spend hundreds if not thousands on gear. For as little as 50 bucks you get peace of mind and a much more effective safe cycle.

Do you also have to pay the office that actually draws your blood? Or is that included in the fee at PrivateMDLabs

Thanks guys

The 50 bucks you pay to private md labs is all you gotta pay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

No problem. Once I got the confirmation from PrivateMDLabs, I went to the closest LabCorp and just walked right in and was in and out within a half hour. No problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Just paid for it. Ill get blood drawn monday and hopefully have results fast.

Planning on doing my first cycle in a few weeks :)

This is the easiest thing ever. Pay for the tests, then set up the appt online at LabCorp went in the next day and was done in 15 minutes. Got my results 2 days later via email. Piece of cake.

IML Gear Cream!
15% off coupon good thru Sept: df758gr3
They seem to give fresh coupons to "new" customers, meaning you used a new email address. Go figure. Might be worth creating new disposable emails just for that reason.

awesome info here. was wondering how to go about this due to having no insurance.
Go back and read the very first post. Explains it pretty well. That's the beauty of it, you don't need insurance. For around $50 you can get a test for total serum testosterone, liver values, estradiol, red blood cell count, hemocrit and hemoglobin, without a script from your doctor.

This thread should be read by more people. It is super easy and I wish I had read it better a few months ago and had one done before first cycle.

It really is easy. The tech that drew my blood said it was a great choice of panels and was amazed that I knew so much about it. I was afraid they'd start asking questions I couldn't answer.
For $50 with a coupon I will do them anytime.

Got my blood drawn today ...

literally in and out in 5min.

Im planning on getting blood work done again while on cycle ....

Whats the best time to get blood work while on gear?

Back