• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do AAS users require more protein?

Lokthan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I think i was talking with Skip about this not sure. But not sure if anyone listens to Layne Norton, has a phd in nutrition and bachelors in biochemistry. Has some very good videos from a scientific standpoint on just about every question pertaining to diet.

Thought this was a good one since i hear a lot that aas users require some significant higher smount of protein than a natty. Interesting points made

https://youtu.be/RQEXQFrBUy0

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Is a frogs ass water tight? Lol

It's not the fact that AAS use requires more protein, it's the fact that on AAS you'r body is growing at a rapid pace...and we all know as you gain size and muscle mass your caloric intake becomes higher to sustain the new muscle...this would include protein intake...but do you need more protein just because you take AAS? Absolutely not .

The only reason, imo, that a person using anabolics would intake more protein is because the harder you tax your muscles when you train, the greater the demand the body puts out in order to sustain and feed the muscles you've broken down. I mean GainTrain is right, you don't need more protein, but it's beneficial for you to consume more. One could say that a standard person that trains could get away with eating food and provide their body with enough sustenance to have it work optimally, but as weight lifters/bodybuilders the name of the game is to build size, muscle, and in order to build it one must tear it down. So the more consumption the better the gains . My .02

AAS speeds up protein anabolism. Eat more protein to support this. Pretty simple really

Care to share any studies

I highly doubt youll fins a single scientific study regarding this. Scientists aren't in the habit of testing protein requirements in steroid using bodybuilders....but its just common sense if you ask me, and ive seen it in myself. Steroids increase the rate at which protein is turned over. FACT. Think of it this way. Youre driving a car with a full tank of gas. The harder you push the gas pedal(steroids) the more gas you will use and you will be required to put more in if youd like to keep driving at that same speed

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt youll fins a single scientific study regarding this. Scientists aren't in the habit of testing protein requirements in steroid using bodybuilders....but its just common sense if you ask me, and ive seen it in myself. Steroids increase the rate at which protein is turned over. FACT. Think of it this way. Youre driving a car with a full tank of gas. The harder you push the gas pedal(steroids) the more gas you will use and you will be required to put more in if youd like to keep driving at that same speed

I think i was talking with Skip about this not sure. But not sure if anyone listens to Layne Norton, has a phd in nutrition and bachelors in biochemistry. Has some very good videos from a scientific standpoint on just about every question pertaining to diet.

Thought this was a good one since i hear a lot that aas users require some significant higher smount of protein than a natty. Interesting points made

https://youtu.be/RQEXQFrBUy0

Layne Norton is a cunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point.. I think theres a TON of things bodybuilders do and how their bodies react that hasnt been documented or tested at all.. I just love reading studies haha. Cant deny a lot of things bodybuilders do goes against science

AAS speeds up protein anabolism. Eat more protein to support this. Pretty simple really
AAS increase recovery. How? By increasing protein synthesis. It's very simple.

You may not NEED 2g per bodyweight, you may only need .8g but, to support the increase in recovery you must have adequate amounts.

I'm in no way mocking this thread, nor do I mean to belittle the question posed. However, I don't believe we really need to get into any highly technical science regarding this issue because I think it has much more to do with a practical application. What I mean by that is to say that most of us are going to ramp-up our training intensity during a gear cycle, merely due to the high cost of the gear itself as well as the extra cost of anti-E's and/or the AI drugs we use during and after the gear cycle, not to mention the extra cost of other supplements such as liver support aids, etc. which we don't ordinarily ingest between gear cycles.

So none of us want our gear money to go to waste, nor do we care to elect to place our internal organ health in jeopardy temporarily during a cycle unless we're going to do our very best to put the extra effort in at the gym to make it all worthwhile. Therefore the training intensity increase alone dictates that we err on the plus side of adequate protein intake rather than on the negative side. That I believe is the practical aspect of the need for protein intake during AAS use, and it really doesn't have anything to do with hi-tech science, (most of which is over our heads anyway).

Layne Norton is a cunt.

I gotta agree with you here for the most part. Layne is definitely an intelligent guy....but I disagree with a lot of the stuff h puts out there

good find montego

I'm too tired to understand whatever the hell I just wrote. But...I'm going to say that's a yes.

So what does this mean? On roughly 300 mg test weekly (assuming a 220 pound man): Muscle protein synthesis increased, leucine oxidation decreased, but whole body protein synthesis was unchanged. This study raises more questions for me than it answers.
Not really.
Protein synthesis increased which means that given the same amount protein intake the efficiency of synthesizing new amino acids increased. Leucine (one of the 3 branch chained amino acids which plays a prominent role in muscle building) oxidation decreased which means more was available for the body to use for muscle building. Whole body protein synthesis didn't increase because the steroids used were anabolic. Great stuff these steroids are...

Back