• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Are All Pro Sports Riddled With Steroids?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Colin Congo compares pro bodybuilding to other sports when it comes to steroid use and policing of PEDs.

Colin Congo is a pro natural bodybuilder and also an active member in the FBI. This creates an interesting intersection between his personal beliefs about steroid use in bodybuilding – and the legal reality behind policing illegal steroid use in bodybuilding and other sports. The sport of bodybuilding is a strange beast in this way. Most leagues don’t actively test for illegal steroid use. That being said, it’s a general understanding that most pro bodybuilders use PEDs in order to reach the shocking level of muscular and size on display during contests. This fact, it’s argued, is what prevents a more mainstream version of success for the sport – such as being televised on mainstream broadcasts.

But there are those who point out that bodybuilding really isn’t any different from other pro sports. While different sports have different degrees of testing – it can be argued that almost all pro sports have athletes that use steroids and PEDs. The fact that Olympic teams such as Russia were the subject of wide spread steroid use seems to be proof that not everything can get caught (even if they do get caught eventually). That’s why we ultimately pulled on Colin Congo’s expertise as both a natural bodybuilder and a member of the FBI – do all pro sports really engage in consistent use of steroids? In our latest GI Exclusive interview, Colin Congo shares his take on steroid use across all pro sports, how it’s policed, and if it can ever really be stopped.

No matter the sport, it seems at some point in time the greatest athletes in sporting culture ultimately get caught for steroids or other PED usage. Lance Armstrong is a famous example, as well as MMA legend Jon Jones. Most recently, the entire Russian Olympic team was the subject of a in-depth documentary exposing wide-spread steroid use among its athletes. Different pro sports handle drug testing in different ways. But one thing that seems to remain true is this – pro sports cannot 100% police PED use. Even for the most lucrative leagues – it’s too expensive and too logically complicated to regularly test all athletes.

With this in mind, how often are pro athletes really using steroids? Pro bodybuilding often gets a bad rap for steroid use and its unwillingness to test for it. But is bodybuilding really any different to other pro sports that are far more popular? Baseball, Basketball, Football – all major sports have their own steroid scandals. Is steroid use simply unavoidable on a pro level?

We asked this very question to Colin Congo – a bodybuilder who has dedicated his life to being all natural and also is an active member in the FBI. While he has no way of knowing the truth behind all key athletes across all pro sports – he is able to use his anecdotal experiences between the FBI and natural bodybuilding as a foundation for the bigger picture. As far as Congo is concerned, the logic is sound – steroid use is most likely far more used in pro sports than many fans realize.

Colin Congo says that a combination of massive money on the line and an uneven playing field contribute to steroid use in pro athletes. If an athlete knows some are using steroids, that puts them at a disadvantage. So why not close the gap by using PEDs as well? On top of that, many pro athletes have their income directly related to their ability. When hundreds of thousands of dollars are on the line – the risk is suddenly becomes more worth it.

Colin Congo points out the irony for how reviled athletes become upon being caught for steroids. For example, Congo recounts Lance Armstrong having his entire reputation destroyed by being caught for PED usage. A friend and colleague of Congo’s took a look at the stats for other cyclists during Armstrong’s time. All of them were hitting close levels to Armstrong. After he was caught, in the years after those times and stats dropped significantly.

Congo’s take on that data? Many more cyclists were using the same drugs – but didn’t get caught. The reality is that Lance Armstrong was doing the same thing as all other athletes on his level. He got caught, his reputation is sullied, but really the entire sport’s reputation should take a hit. The problem is more endemic than media makes it out to be.

https://youtu.be/pwS3Su8lW6Q

There definitely riddled with PEDs its only cheating if you get caught

I think every sport used peds . There are ways around the tests . I’m sure there are things out there people are using that they don’t even test for . With the UFC you always have to worry about random tests . I guess that would be harder but I’m sure they still pull it off .

Sports are entertainment they should all be allowed to do steroids, nobody ever complained about watching Sammy sosa cracking home runs all day long

In bodybuilding it’s not just steroids that they aren’t testing for... PED stands for performance enhancing drugs.

This would encompass thyroid medication, insulin, clen and whatever the fuck else.

But I do agree... it’s in every sport. Always follow the money.

Now do they give the top dogs a pass? Look the other way?!? Idk.

I hardly ever see busted athletes make the news.

In bodybuilding it’s not just steroids that they aren’t testing for... PED stands for performance enhancing drugs.

This would encompass thyroid medication, insulin, clen and whatever the fuck else.

But I do agree... it’s in every sport. Always follow the money.

Now do they give the top dogs a pass? Look the other way?!? Idk.

I hardly ever see busted athletes make the news.

Obviously looking the other way! And the masses are uneducated on peds all they do parrot to each other “ steroids kill, shrink your dick etc.” instead of learning about them, the benefits of hormones they are lambs to the slaughter! Peds are everywhere even celebrities!

The celebrities are big users of peds you see movie stars go from a beer gut completely out of shape to 6 months later being jacked for all different movies. The actresses also using Anavar and clenbuterol its not just the men. Your completely right brother @durro

Why is Hollywood allowed to use PEDs if the average joe and amateur/pro athlete cannot?

you think those 40 year old action stars are making those quick transformations for their movies on nutrition and training alone?

hypocrisy

Why is Hollywood allowed to use PEDs if the average joe and amateur/pro athlete cannot?

you think those 40 year old action stars are making those quick transformations for their movies on nutrition and training alone?

hypocrisy
This. And if you think a movie star isn’t afraid to take PEDs only to “indirectly” help their career, do you really think pro athletes wouldn’t? Theres always ways around steroid tests or palms to grease.

Yeah I think you are right. PEDs riddle sports for sure. Test levels are somewhat subjective anyway. A training athlete in their low twenties may be considerably higher than a guy still in the game at 35+. Tough to justify hammering someone with subjective numbers.

IML Gear Cream!
Hollyweird isn’t allowed to use PEDs. It’s just overlooked by the public so they have someone to look up to besides athletes plus actors have money or are backed by money. Money buys you coaches and trainers that are more than willing to buy and administer PEDs to their rich clientele and they happily do it tight lipped. Money is the root of all evil. Lol No different than ALL pro sports really. Listen Id never talk too much about testing and how they can be beat but this whole thread is laughable. Not being a dick but if anyone thinks there aren’t PEDS in certain realms of pro sports they are just naive. They go all the way from bodybuilding, football, MMA all the way down to golf bowling and darts. Yes there are guys that have the natural ability and 1% genetics that will propel them in certain sports but even they cannot sustain that gift long enouGH to continually make an impact over a long period of time. I get a chuckle out of these people that constantly scream cheater whenever an athlete is caught for using PEDs. These people don’t have clue number one about what it actually takes to be a productive money making pro athlete as well as staying ahead of the competition. Believe what you want but just wait until Tom Brady gets nailed for GH. Everyone’s super hero will fall if he keeps trying to beat the odds. Lol

hypocrisy

Someone should test Dwayne Johnson for steroids and once he pops hot he should be forced to pay back all the money he made for various roles in popular movies that he obtained due to his massive physique and marketability based on that physique.

I mean, if athletes are being stripped of their achievements for the same reason.

i, personally, have zero issue with steroid use in professional sports. You cannot inject AAS and sit on the chesterfield eating potato chips and set records in sports. Steroids aren’t a miracle drug. If that was the case….. I wouldn’t even lift weights anymore lol

WELL SAID except for the rock thing. I can’t hate on the guy for using juice to further his career. I’d be a total hypocrite if I did that. Lol

Someone should test Dwayne Johnson for steroids and once he pops hot he should be forced to pay back all the money he made for various roles in popular movies that he obtained due to his massive physique and marketability based on that physique.

I mean, if athletes are being stripped of their achievements for the same reason.

i, personally, have zero issue with steroid use in professional sports. You cannot inject AAS and sit on the chesterfield eating potato chips and set records in sports. Steroids aren’t a miracle drug. If that was the case….. I wouldn’t even lift weights anymore lol

I remember reading the 1982 Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) when I was 12. I was fascinated by it and especially the prescriptible AAS like Winny, test and Deca. In all cases the PDR always finished with the statement: "This drug does not improve athletic performance."

And there it is, the big lie. How can you trust the medical community when they lie in major publications like the PDR?

Back