• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Over 40 section?

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How many of you guys would be interested in a section dedicated to members over 40?

I know we have a strong member base in that age so I would like to hear some input on things you would like to see in such a section.

Also, would the members over 40 like this section to be a little heavier moderated?

Some complaints I've gotten from our more seasoned vets is the constant chatter in politics and, the typical shit slinging in threads. These would be discouraged in that section unless the older members want them there.

How will we know if you're older, we won't but, the members I do know that are, I'll take their suggestions into consideration.

Yes, that's a great idea! Will be turning 57 this weekend so does that count? :D :D

Also, would the members over 40 like this section to be a little heavier moderated?

Some complaints I've gotten from our more seasoned vets is the constant chatter in politics and, the typical shit slinging in threads. These would be discouraged in that section unless the older members want them there.

As an official member of the OFC (Old Farts Club) it might be interesting. I don't know that it needs to be more heavily moderated. Kind of seems like the mods have their hands full nowadays and are a tad quiet. Mods may be busy and I would think a bunch of grumpy old farts would be thick skinned enough not to let words on a computer screen get them riled up. Besides, you know how it goes....delete one post and 20 more get created talking about the one that was deleted. A little conflict helps drive traffic and discussion. I'd say let it float under current forum rules. If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

I've already asked Admin to create a sticky thread for MILF's in the new Over 40 forum.

Yes sir! 46 here and learning what’s safe and effective. I have learned a ton here, but a focus on 40 and over would be cool. I really wish I would have been here 15 years ago.

If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

Would the poll be using Dominion to count the votes.....:roflmao:

As an official member of the OFC (Old Farts Club) it might be interesting. I don't know that it needs to be more heavily moderated. Kind of seems like the mods have their hands full nowadays and are a tad quiet. Mods may be busy and I would think a bunch of grumpy old farts would be thick skinned enough not to let words on a computer screen get them riled up. Besides, you know how it goes....delete one post and 20 more get created talking about the one that was deleted. A little conflict helps drive traffic and discussion. I'd say let it float under current forum rules. If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

I've already asked Admin to create a sticky thread for MILF's in the new Over 40 forum.

100% agree

Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to throw that in there.....
Yes... I'm 43 and would be interested in this Old Man club. I've only been a member of ASF for about 9 months, so I know I don't carry any seniority, but my opinion on heavier moderating is to leave as is with standard forum rules. We are all big boys.... I think.

If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

Would the poll be using Dominion to count the votes.....
When I say a little more moderation I mean more so towards language and trolling then anything.

The debate is encouraging but it always turns into two guys talking shit about each other and it's played out.

Also, the vets I've talked to in this age just want a section where they can talk about health and aas and training.... No other crap.

IML Gear Cream!
When I say a little more moderation I mean more so towards language and trolling then anything.

The debate is encouraging but it always turns into two guys talking shit about each other and it's played out.

Also, the vets I've talked to in this age just want a section where they can talk about health and aas and training.... No other crap.

Fair enough and sounds like we meant the same thing. Let's do it.

No MILF thread? :(

At 62 I would definitly be interested, as a guy that reads the whole forum but mostly only posts in the pit due to lack of solid knowledge to give advice to anyone else, I think it is a great idea.
Pit posters (like myself) need to be reminded sometimes that they are outside of the pit and the same rules do not apply. I think a self moderated policy going in would be a good start and see where it goes, there are a lot of respected folks here that if they said "hey reddog, this is not the pit" I would understand and curb my posts.

I do notice the folks that do not go into the pit much absolutely hate when our banter spills out into the rest of the forum and rightfully so.
So low moderation going in with peer pressure when reminders are needed...:coffee:

Ahhhh man. I guess I won’t be able to hang with you old farts for a few more years. Ohwell I’m not really ready to talk about which adult diapers are best anyway. Hahahaha Joking ofcourse.
Lol you younger whippersnappers soon will understand what it's like getting old :D

Get Shredded!
Hmmm , wonder how many guys over 45 still blast n cruise....

Hmmm , wonder how many guys over 45 still blast n cruise....
I just turned 40 and have definitely slowed way down . I’m sidelined right now just had some hernias repaired last week

Yep. 58 here Lifting since I was in my 20’s. I’m all for it, but ok with little moderation at least to start and see how it goes.

LOL oh believe me bro I understand. I’m definitely knocking on 40’s door hard. I’ve always had the aches and pains but now I’m noticing hair in places I’ve never had it before and these fucking liver spots on my hands that are driving me nuts. Not to mention I had pluck a couple Grey hairs off my chest the other day. I know these are just the start of it so I’m fucking scared to see what’s waiting behind 50’s door. I can’t even imagine 60. Nope not handling this aging shit well at all. Nope not at all.

Lol you younger whippersnappers soon will understand what it's like getting old :D

Last edited:
Yep. 58 here Lifting since I was in my 20’s. I’m all for it, but ok with little moderation at least to start and see how it goes.
Bet your goal is to look like the jacked dude in your avatar when you hit your 70s LOL.

52 here and this is a great idea... I look forward to it.... and I just started cruise and blast! Never too old it’s just a number... well, maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it should be called Old Farts Club :D :D

Thing I’m worried about is the youngins learning our secrets... like taking ibuprofen before every workout... warm/cold treatment to golfers elbow every night... no more bar benching cause shoulders so fd up... moaning on every turn in bed at night cause it all hurts... please continue this list someone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great idea.

Sorry but I have to ask, how old is too old for this over forty forum because.....damn!

:)

I was thinking the same thing Skip !! Pushing REAL hard on 70 and still going strong ~~~ or maybe just still going ~

Back