• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lathe_crasher, a case study on real life friendships vs forum friends...

ROID

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Why is it I've made better friends , with the exception of 1 or 2, on this forum than real life ?

I've had people that don't know me just be generous for absolutely no reason and no agenda where as in the real world 90% of the time, there is a agenda hidden behind any kind of interaction.

I can honestly say I would trust a few people on this board more than a man Ive known most of my life in the real world.

Long story made even longer, lathe had some king gear he didn't like, I said I would take it off his hands. The guy sends me , I'm not exaggerating, several things from a few top notch labs. Of course, what would your first thought be ? Yep, you know what I mean.

Just a guy being cool for the hell of it. It's unfortunate I've built up such a distrust of people I gave him the 3rd degree along with accusations.

Anyway, bottom line he is just a good fella. This is my guilty conscious talking.

Why is it I've made better friends , with the exception of 1 or 2, on this forum than real life ?

I've had people that don't know me just be generous for absolutely no reason and no agenda where as in the real world 90% of the time, there is a agenda hidden behind any kind of interaction.

I can honestly say I would trust a few people on this board more than a man Ive known most of my life in the real world.

Long story made even longer, lathe had some king gear he didn't like, I said I would take it off his hands. The guy sends me , I'm not exaggerating, several things from a few top notch labs. Of course, what would your first thought be ? Yep, you know what I mean.

Just a guy being cool for the hell of it. It's unfortunate I've built up such a distrust of people I gave him the 3rd degree along with accusations.

Anyway, bottom line he is just a good fella. This is my guilty conscious talking.
Good shit. Sounds like you got more than just King. Enjoy it. And to answer your question, I thinks it's because you aren't dealing with people here on a day to day basis.

We are all mostly here for the same reason and have similar goals and we want to help each other achieve them. Just my opinion on it.

This is going to make me sound like a nerd but I was big into clash of clans. My clan was together for a long time. One dude had some legal issues with his kid and an ex. Someone started a gofundme to help him get enough money for a lawyer and he ended up getting custody of his daughter in the end. Only a few knew each other in the real world.

Lol sounds like you need to do some nice things for people more , there really wear some nice people out there .

I bet most here would get along fine if met for a beer or coffee.
Probably more alike (the ones on opposite sides) than we realize.
Places like this are just playgrounds to vent, maybe have some fun, and bust some balls. Not to take too seriously.

I'd buy 'lifter' lunch and give him a bro-hug before parting ways. :nerd:

Any you Kilsong... :fapping:

I think this platform allows you to be who you want too..good,bad or ugly..
Now what you do is entirely up to you... personally I'm an Ahole in real life but here I'm...well depends on the day..

But to be totally honest..there are some guys here I consider family..

Hmm

Last edited:
I haven't had a friend since 2017. Life has never been better. Trust no one.

Rule Number 3, never trust no-bo-dy
Your moms'll set that ass up, properly gassed up
Hoodied and masked up, shit, for that fast buck
She be laying in the bushes to light that ass up

https://youtu.be/ZYb_8MM1tGQ

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
I haven't had a friend since 2017. Life has never been better. Trust no one.

Rule Number 3, never trust no-bo-dy
Your moms'll set that ass up, properly gassed up
Hoodied and masked up, shit, for that fast buck
She be laying in the bushes to light that ass up

https://youtu.be/ZYb_8MM1tGQ

Well I hear you but...when life throws you a curve ball and you find yourself constantly falling..a friend goes a long way..

Well I hear you but...when life throws you a curve ball and you find yourself constantly falling..a friend goes a long way..

I dont know... I feel like it's less people to kick you on the way down lol I guess I've just never really had good friends then.

Sad.. Its all good tho, ill buy a couple friends when I need one for like an hour or so.

Someone’s gotta watch out for the weak round here… kudos to wood bender crasher. The frenchies just moved up a spot. Wink wink 😉

Seems the older you get the harder it is to make good friends everyone is busy with there own lives.

Seems the older you get the harder it is to make good friends everyone is busy with there own lives.

Definitely true.

When you get older you are more closed off. Guarded.

Still possible to make some good friends but it's more rare.

I am more into having a few close friends then a slew of fake bullshit facebook friends.

See I feel exactly what Roid is saying. Don’t get me wrong I’m super careful who I engage with here but for the most part I’m way more comfortable coming here and talking than I am talking to regular people. I mean not to sound like a dick but I normally just don’t like people in general. I’d rather walk up and punch a stranger in the face than to talk to him. Maybe I’m a complete asshole or maybe it’s because 99% of the people in my life that I considered a friend or trusted 100% have ALWAYS let me down by being a scumbag in one way or another. That goes for family as well. Here I have trusted a couple guys with real Info and so far they haven’t let me down. Anytime I have a question or issue I post it here and everyone has always been super good to me. So go figure. Maybe I’m naive but I think the majority here are good people. Ofcourse I’ll always be careful on a steroid board but I’d also go to the ends of the earth to help a few of the guys out here.

Jesus this post took a sad dark turn.

I would suggest a app called meetup. It has activities based on your interest. Self isolation is not a good way to spend rest of your days. I personally do a day hike group, paddle boarding group and love the young entrepreneurs group. These activities have taken a hit because of the most recent flair up of covid but most of the outdoor activities are still G2G

I’m you can’t have a good friend, make bunch of acquaintances

I wouldn’t want to be friends with some vax-tard anyway.

Get Shredded!

I would suggest a app called meetup. It has activities based on your interest. Self isolation is not a good way to spend rest of your days. I personally do a day hike group, paddle boarding group and love the young entrepreneurs group. These activities have taken a hit because of the most recent flair up of covid but most of the outdoor activities are still G2G

Im gonna have to pass on the mountain top circle jerk.

This forum is a place where I can laugh, discuss important topics, get support or advice. I love this place and everyone who makes it what it is. Maybe the passenger syndrome works here. I mean, people tend to trust strangers more.

Good shit. Sounds like you got more than just King. Enjoy it. And to answer your question, I thinks it's because you aren't dealing with people here on a day to day basis.

We are all mostly here for the same reason and have similar goals and we want to help each other achieve them. Just my opinion on it.

This is going to make me sound like a nerd but I was big into clash of clans. My clan was together for a long time. One dude had some legal issues with his kid and an ex. Someone started a gofundme to help him get enough money for a lawyer and he ended up getting custody of his daughter in the end. Only a few knew each other in the real world.
It's a really cool story, man. I agree with you that when people are united by a overall interest and there is no reason for conflict, then the relationship turns out to be very good

Meetup sounds kind of like a cool app but I always that it was a gay hookup site.

I bet most here would get along fine if met for a beer or coffee.
Probably more alike (the ones on opposite sides) than we realize.
Places like this are just playgrounds to vent, maybe have some fun, and bust some balls. Not to take too seriously.

Wes said he'd slap me silly if we ever met.
Wonder if I'd get a beer first or afterwards?

Back