PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure.

jem92
06-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Pressure tolerance is not a problem with me, I can handle some serious weight for my size. I got a buddy of mine who has issues with High blood pressure and he like to train hard too. Anyone got any suggestions besides drugs and supplements to help him out with getting used to heavy loads and dealing with high BP? Something like homeopathic remedies or yoga or some shit idk, whatever you guys can think of?

GSRacer
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Homeopathic : Hawthorne berries, compression socks, drop any aas known to raise bp

jem92
06-02-2013, 11:03 PM
he aint using any drugs accept BP medication forgot what it was......compression socks?!?! please do tell? Ive never heard of that helping with high blood.

GSRacer
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
he aint using any drugs accept BP medication forgot what it was......compression socks?!?! please do tell? Ive never heard of that helping with high blood.

Find out what BP script he is on now, then I can help more

jem92
06-03-2013, 12:19 AM
sweet thanks ill get back to u....u talkin bout his meds and current BP?

GSRacer
06-03-2013, 01:08 AM
sweet thanks ill get back to u....u talkin bout his meds and current BP?

yup

jem92
06-05-2013, 03:06 AM
alrighty! so the drugs ma boy is on are: Norvasc and Microzide. any info would be greatly appreciated. Ill also do my part and do some research on these drugs thanks guys!

Atixtm
06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Has he dropped his sodium levels and upped his cardio ? That might help as well. Hawthorn berries, coq10, lots of fish oil, ect helps. My Dad has been on a great Bp medication called propranolol for years.

jem92
06-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Supplement wise Ive recommended all of those, he aint got much money but im sure he will get to that. yes his sodium is dropped, I have him drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day and at 30 mins. max cardio at least 5 days a week. His BP is pretty much good, its fluctuating but almost gone. So ideally we are trying to get it GONE! now he is doing okay, but like I stated we are trying to get him to handle heavier loads and higher intensity without any spikes or episodes of his BP going up and being elevated for more than a few days. any ideas?.....also Propranolol, this drug, any info?

exphys88
06-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Supplement wise Ive recommended all of those, he aint got much money but im sure he will get to that. yes his sodium is dropped, I have him drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day and at 30 mins. max cardio at least 5 days a week. His BP is pretty much good, its fluctuating but almost gone. So ideally we are trying to get it GONE! now he is doing okay, but like I stated we are trying to get him to handle heavier loads and higher intensity without any spikes or episodes of his BP going up and being elevated for more than a few days. any ideas?.....also Propranolol, this drug, any info?

Propronalol is a beta blocker, which will reduce bp and hr. why do you ask about this? The next thing to look at is his diet and his weight. Contrary to what most guys on this forum think, a more plant based diet will help w bp, cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease. Additionally, a drop in body fat will help.

jem92
06-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Propronalol is a beta blocker, which will reduce bp and hr. why do you ask about this?.

Atixtm mentioned it. Just wondering. His diet is okay, I cant force him to clean it up but I got him doing more veggies, carbs are all complex, lean meats and fruits. In all honesty it depends on him, I do tell him to eat healthier and provide him with a general guideline but it all depends on whether or not he wants to eat right. The goal is to knock out the hypertension and keep it that way for a bit, then he will consider going on a cycle. As of now we gona cut some bodyfat and bring him a little bit lighter. Any recommendations on veggies n fruits that help with BP exphys88?

Atixtm
06-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Propronalol is a beta blocker, which will reduce bp and hr. why do you ask about this? The next thing to look at is his diet and his weight. Contrary to what most guys on this forum think, a more plant based diet will help w bp, cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease. Additionally, a drop in body fat will help.

Yep, and I agree with this

Atixtm
06-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Atixtm mentioned it. Just wondering. His diet is okay, I cant force him to clean it up but I got him doing more veggies, carbs are all complex, lean meats and fruits. In all honesty it depends on him, I do tell him to eat healthier and provide him with a general guideline but it all depends on whether or not he wants to eat right. The goal is to knock out the hypertension and keep it that way for a bit, then he will consider going on a cycle. As of now we gona cut some bodyfat and bring him a little bit lighter. Any recommendations on veggies n fruits that help with BP exphys88?

Garlic, Omega 3 fatty fish like salmon, apples, onions, red grapes, green tea, broccoli, olive oil, cabbage, yams, kiwi, bananas, tomatoes, etc.

exphys88
06-11-2013, 03:38 PM

I don't think any particular food is going to make a profound difference, but cleaning up the diet as mentioned and dropping fat.

Youngtricep98
06-14-2013, 10:00 PM
baby asprin helps

GSRacer
06-16-2013, 11:15 PM
He should ask his dr about the class if drugs called "ARBS". These angiotnsin 2 receptor blockers are hands down the best out there for lowering BP with the least side effects. This is my professional field, BTW...

jem92
06-17-2013, 01:36 AM
He should ask his dr about the class if drugs called "ARBS". These angiotnsin 2 receptor blockers are hands down the best out there for lowering BP with the least side effects. This is my professional field, BTW...

DUDE! thanks GS great help bro ima check up on this n hav him ask about it. Professional field? how so? Im guessing your in the medical practice yes?

GSRacer
06-17-2013, 07:45 AM
No, pharmaceutical industry, hypertension division

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tdeizel89
06-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Hawthorne berries help alot