• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gym closures due to Coronavirus- How are you dealing with it?

Saini06

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m sure some if not most of you have been running into the issue of all the gyms closing in your area due to the Coronavirus pandemic and who knows how long this is going to last.

It would take roughly 3-4 weeks before my muscles go from a hard and chiseled look to a more soft and stocky look.

What’s are some good alternative workouts that work for you guys and what are the best ways to prolong your muscular physique look from fading?

I found a park 2 miles from the house that has some "body weight" equipment. Not great but better than nothing and I get some cardio walking there and back. Been using 5 gallon buckets and gas cans at home.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I sneak into gyms that are part of the facilities that I know a guy who will let me in at ;) commercial ones are closing out of policy

I just ordered a rack and some bands to start. I have a feeling that my entire garage will be an underground gym before this is over.

Just sling home improvement projects at the moment. Only been 2.5 weeks since I’ve hit the gym.,.

gonna start up again Monday. Got a buddy with a home gym gonna let me use his.

I finally cleaned out my garage and discovered the ancient city of Squat Rackia.

Before the archaeological dig, I grabbed a couple of sand bags from a construction site at the end of the street. Put in a regular duffel bag or you can still get some sandbag bags on Amazon. You can clean, press, squat, shovel, row. Just about anything. I like hoisting it up over my shoulder and sprinting down the street and back. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts, but I'm not the fatass driving my golf cart around day drinking and blasting shitty country music.

I also have a set of suspension straps. Not sure what's available online at this point.

Look on craigslist for weights. I'm in a big city so there's a couple of places that sell used commercial gym equipment. They're still advertising. I may try to pick up a trap bar next week.

Going to make some heavy concrete dumbells tomorrow atm have some 20 lb dumbells and bands that arent cuttin it

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Of course push ups, pull ups and dips at local schoolyard also there's a track there so been doing some sprints and jogging. Anyone that's done time in a joint without weights knows about water bags for tri extensions, curls, uprights and saws. A little harder for me to work out not at my usual gym but gotta maintain while on this lockdown.

Took a few weeks off. Getting back on track with the home gym set up of bench and dumbells.

IML Gear Cream!
At 60 I decided to take break....I did not expect gyms to be closed this long....so this morning I dug up an Olympic bar from my garage...it is all Rusty and bent a bit....I did 50 consecutive shoulder presses, 50 curls and 50 french presses....I was breathing like a freight train ......

Not gonna lie, i've just been smashing out high rep full body sessions till i cant move 4 times a week, major DOMs and seems to keep the rig in check.

Even resorted to running and entering instagram competitions to get some more kit, think its a scam to be honest, entered loads and won nothing.

I do workouts at home but ready to get back in the gym,mostly because our gym owner is still making us pay our monthly dues.

push-ups,push-ups,push-ups if u really take ur time and use correct form, its amazing the pump u can get from something so simple. saving me right now! doing a shitload of them tho.

I took time off to heal up some long term injuries. Just finally got back to it a few days ago. I'm deflated like a mofo, and my apnea has gotten much better because of it lol.

I have some light weights only up to 25lbs, but I just found some 35 and 40lb DBs that I'm gonna go pickup tomorrow so that's cool. That's all I got though, along with some bands. I'm thinking about making some stuff like a bench and some type of row contraption out of leftover wood I have in the shop. Gotta get my width back! I feel like a shrimp because I'm back down to an XL shirt again lol

Right before all this Covid19 sht started, I was pretty fed up having to be a dick with the guys that come in, find a piece of equipment to sit on, and 30 minutes later they're still sitting on it with their phone. I have no clue why they go? Also five or six young guys hanging all over the multi station equipment laughing and joking, none of them pulling any weights. I converted a bedroom into a gym, with the 3/4" rubber flooring, squat / bench rack, dumbbells, barbell w 300#'s, bands, and other accessories. I went back about a week later to get a couple more dumbbells, WIPED OUT

The first week of the shut down I bought a set of weights and bench. I can’t compare to the gym, but is better than nothing at the moment.

Shit man- Bombr2 wears a XXXL T-shirt- You must be tiny
I took time off to heal up some long term injuries. Just finally got back to it a few days ago. I'm deflated like a mofo, and my apnea has gotten much better because of it lol.

I have some light weights only up to 25lbs, but I just found some 35 and 40lb DBs that I'm gonna go pickup tomorrow so that's cool. That's all I got though, along with some bands. I'm thinking about making some stuff like a bench and some type of row contraption out of leftover wood I have in the shop. Gotta get my width back! I feel like a shrimp because I'm back down to an XL shirt again lol

Lol yeah I'm a pretty small framed guy. Seriously though, it's a shitty feeling.
except when you can breathe better while sleeping, but yeah being awake sucks when you’re deflated. Or chubby from lack of gym.

Get Shredded!
Had to actually take the mirror down i my bathroom, was pissing me off seeing a deflated version of myself.. whats the most intense session you guys have done with limited equipment?

Im down 10lbs. I came off my BP meds, have been off HRT x 1 month and doing BW and band exercises.

I think I can compete in Physique at this point.

Fuck.

But I can get it back in a hurry, but man I haven't been this small in years. I prob weigh 200lbs right now.

I started prep just before gym closures. Was right on track first two weeks losing a kilo a week or so. Then the shut down means no cardio. I ordered the bike and it’s been sitting in SD for two weeks because the trans-shipper puts more profitable stuff on the truck instead. They’ve brought my supplements down but keep passing on my bike. The good news is I’ve plateaued at 219 so I’m not too concerned about shedding the fat in time. If, and it’s a big if, they reopen gyms by June 1, it will give me 8 weeks solid prep/gym. The next if is IF the throw the Tampa show at all. I sure hope this year isn’t a wash. I’m getting too old for this shit. I am tired of lifting rocks and garrafónes.

I’m using a belt where I can add a nice amount of weights and training using it with the TRX. Fcking uncomfortable, though, but at least I’m moving!

Back