• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Adequately doseing Homebrew products

Luca74

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm ordering through IL for the first time. Most raw suppliers claim there raws at "98+%" but that's rarely if ever the case. I don't mind that the product I get isn't "pure",nor should you expect it to be,but as long as it's an exceptable grade,safe to use and my suppliers is straight with me, I'm happy. Not every batch the supplier gets is gonna be exactly the same, but if they're straight up with me about the good and the not as good so that I can account for possible marginal error, I'll know who I can trust and where to go.
I was thinking maybe start of like a 20% OD just to be safe, what do you think? Anyone have experience with the lab I mentioned?

EX: 100 vials of 100mg/ml test P constist of 100gs raw material at 99%. I would need to use 120gs of raw material overdosed 20% to achieve the same 100mg/ml or 1g/ a vial doseages. Which is me assuming raw material is roughly 80% pure.

- - - Updated - - -

But iv heard great things about this lab, so hopefully I'll be impressed!

Why do you say 98% is rarely the case? The majority of raws I’ve seen tested come in around 98%. Underdosed product doesn’t come from the original raws it comes from greed or lack of knowledge in the brewing process

EX: 100 vials of 100mg/ml test P constist of 100gs raw material at 99%. I would need to use 120gs of raw material overdosed 20% to achieve the same 100mg/ml or 1g/ a vial doseages. Which is me assuming raw material is roughly 80% pure.

- - - Updated - - -

But iv heard great things about this lab, so hopefully I'll be impressed!

Very rarely will you see raws coming straight from China tested as low as 80%. Its local raws that will test poor because of re shippers cutting them. The reason for overdosing 10% and 20% being more on the extreme things is not to make up for lack of quality. Don’t take this the wrong way but I think you should do more research before brewing. Just from these two post it seems you are lacking some overall knowledge of the process.

I say that, bcuz the sources iv bought from weren't as advertised

I say that bcuz that's what iv experienced. All brews iv done(I admit I'm no where's near an expert),havnt held up to par.
Do what I'm do is using my past experience as a standard until someone who has experience with them can inform me otherwise. I'm new to this forum, but vision said this was a great place with many great brothers and resources.
So I'd like to be optimistic,but also play it safe on the other hand.
Thank you for your input. In heard Great things bout this lab, and assuming you have more experience than I and maybe even experience with IL, I'm gonna take your advice that material with be better than I'm expecting and bring overdose down to 4%.
I'd rather have slightly overdosed product than underdosed gear.

I agree with Jswole. Most reputable raw suppliers come in at 98%+. The only way to know is to send a raw sample off for testing to get a purity sample.
Ironlion has a good reputation you should be fine with the raws you get from them. Most UGL products get under dosed by people cutting corners or substituting cheaper compounds for more expensive ones.

Most homebrewers do a standard 10% overdose to make sure they are getting at least the target dose of whatever compound they are shooting for. I have yet to see someone come in with a large gap in dosage unless there math was off i.e. didn't calculate the correct amount of raw needed or total volume of liquids. As long as you use standard brewing recipes you should be fine. There are multiple steroid powder calculators out there to use. Having said that though I would ignore the displacement of raws that calculate total amount of oil. I would just add the amount of raw/ba/bb and then fill the carrier oil to the line in your beaker that corresponds to however many mL's you were shooting for.

You shouldn't need to overdose

Last edited:
I'd say over dose 10% as a general rule. All powder doesn't work out to 1 gram to 1 ml when melted so I think that gets people off some times . So if it's 98% and it converts to 9.4 ur brew is off on the low side . Always a little better to be the plus side in my opinion of course .

IML Gear Cream!
10% is a good starting point unless you know the exact purity of your raws. It’s roughly $100 to have a sample tested which is well worth the investment if you purchased a decent amount

Anyone have experience with the lab I mentioned?
Did you forget what handle your posting under Luca74? Lol they have a subform with several reviews as well as a source check section here. Why would you take advice or the word of someone you don’t know over the internet my man? Not being a dick but do some reading and draw your own conclusions on who to order from. They are on a couple different forums. For all you know I could be the lab or someone from a rival lab or some crack head in here looking to scam people or just flat out someone who has no clue what they are talking about. Lol it was extreme but I think you get the hint.

Thanks to all for this helpful information. I am from the UK, check over here, and I have no idea where to look for the laboratory here, to be honest. Therefore, I would prefer to pay more for the goods but get high-class quality. What supplier can you recommend as the most reliable ones? I think there should be more forums with reviews on this matter. Do you know any?

Back