• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Crossfit

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Guys,

Every time I go in my gym, I see the crossfit boys and girls killing it in the crossfit area. Their passion and work ethic gets me fired up.

Anyone have experience with crossfit? I'm feeling the itch.

L

Last edited:
Never done it myself but give props to some of those people doing it . One of the main things I see them doing is that damn row machine and I used to laugh at it until I actually tried it and man is that bitch hard .

The dudes doing it in my state def have some dedication . Just seems like high reps with cardio included to me

I have some cross fit friends they look exactly the same 4 years later. Those funky pull ups are crazy. I am surprised no one has dislocated their shoulders yet.

It’s what you make of it. Been doing CrossFit for about 7-8 years.

The trouble with Crossfit is that it’s dependent on the gym and their programming, the quality of coaching and most importantly the athlete, their effort, dedication, and diet.

I appreciate what CF offers me as far as a total training system for overall athleticism. Nothing else, other than Muy-Thai, takes me to that place. That deep dark place of suffering where you question everything in life. But I dig that. I paint myself into a corner of pain and see how I come out on the other side.

Take it or leave it, but anyone is welcome to try and keep up with me.

I have some cross fit friends they look exactly the same 4 years later. Those funky pull ups are crazy. I am surprised no one has dislocated their shoulders yet.

Those “kipping” pull-ups SHOULD be treated like nitrous. Used then and again when you need extra speed or are enduring high volume pull-ups. It’s a trick that gets abused in my opinion.

There are a fair number of shoulder problems in CF. But there are in BB too.*shrug*

We have one at our gym but we have to pay extra to workout in there I just stick to the free weights & machines

I use my Concept 2 rower everyday but don’t mention it in my log anymore as part of my warmup. I also do DB cleans on Back day mostly at the end of my workout because it gets my bpm back up. No hate on CrossFit from me

Thanks guys...I may sniff it out.

IML Gear Cream!
Get it done. The stamina and endurance it builds is second to none. When it comes to training if what you're building doesn't function as good as it looks its worthless. Doesn't matter how "jacked" you look, it matters how "jacked" your performance is.

Alot of people hate saying it's a bad. I have a cousin who is a PT. He had to change his training to adapt

My sister is a personal trainer and she got a crossfit certification a few years ago, my brother in law is a physical therapist at a sports medicine place around the corner from her gym. They are always joking about how good business is she gets paid to hurt them he gets paid to fix them. She says its terrible for you but if thats what people want to pay to do thats what she has to do. I personally think most of those guys look like douche bags in there throwing around kettlebells and shit only up side i see is there are some fine women in those classes

Get it done. The stamina and endurance it builds is second to none. When it comes to training if what you're building doesn't function as good as it looks its worthless. Doesn't matter how "jacked" you look, it matters how "jacked" your performance is.

is there such a thing as non functional fitness? what makes a burpee more functional than a back squat?

Never been to an actual "box" but couple years ago i would mess around with crossfit type workouts. It was great with what i had at home. 30 minutes of cleans, squats, and pushups etc. Trying to get as many rounds as I could. When i was low on time I could get an awesome workout in 15-30min that really made me feel like I accomplished something. I also like the competition aspect of it. No matter what day it is you are either against others or against yourself, trying to push to be better then the last time you did a workout

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have tried it and had a good time. I did stay away from those crazy pull ups.

is there such a thing as non functional fitness? what makes a burpee more functional than a back squat?

I understand what your saying but the big overweight guys squatting a house damn near pass out bending over to tie there own shoes

Dog, I guess the question to ask yourself is, do you just wanna look like a beast or do you wanna function like a beast. Like I've said before if it's all show and no go, it isn't shit.

Get Shredded!
keep your big 3 total over 1,000lbs and youll be more functional than 99% of the population. functional training is a word invented by people who either cant or will not lift heavy. it reminds me more of a cult than a training routine.

a queer, a crossfitter, and an atheists walked into a bar.....

I know because they told everybody.

hahaha I love it.... totally stealing this...

I did it for 7 years. You won't get jacked, but you can look pretty damn good if you get into a gym with the right type of programming. My goal was to always maintain a 405 DL and 6 minute mile. No problem. You can't show me someone that can do both of those AND look like shit. 1 year into just regular bro sessions now with Saturday a.m. fasted cardio at the local crossfit gym. Give it a shot.

I did it for 7 years. You won't get jacked, but you can look pretty damn good if you get into a gym with the right type of programming. My goal was to always maintain a 405 DL and 6 minute mile. No problem. You can't show me someone that can do both of those AND look like shit. 1 year into just regular bro sessions now with Saturday a.m. fasted cardio at the local crossfit gym. Give it a shot.

Takes you to another level, doesn't it? It's a cocky feeling. Doin it right, lookin right, workin right.

Out of the queer, crossfitter and atheist, that crossfitter is out-fuckin everyone.

Not sure about you but I like to be the guy that can do anything,.on and off the clock. And when you're physically fit, you can perform anywhere. Adding "bulk" isn't physically fit. My oldest son is one show away from a pro card on a natural level. He and all his little bodybuilding buddies dont do cardio. Well ole dad can out lift and outwork all of them. They look shredded and good, but they can't do what ole dad does.

Private jet, running your home town, pro card son, former meth addict, biker gang drop out, CrossFit connoisseur, damn son..... you plan on writing a book? I’d read it, just saying...

Last edited:
Private jet, running your home town, pro card son, former meth addict, biker gang drop out, CrossFit connoisseur, damn son..... you plan on writing a book? I’d read it, just saying...

Bro that's not even a tenth of it. Thanks for following though. Flattery will get you on the xmas list.

Back