• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Where the fuck are my abs?

Chalr

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys I need some tips for getting my abs to pop more. I’m 5’10” 190lbs. I’m guessing 14% BF. I obviously need to drop more body fat. I have my diet locked down. And I’ve been running everyday(almost) for 20 mins. Burning around 350-400 cals. Then I’ll hop right into my workout. I’m leaving for vacation at the end of the month and would like for my abs to pop a little more. Should I cut carbs down significantly? I guess I’m just looking if I should do more cardio each day and double my abs workouts?

Dailey food intake.

219grams of carbs
80grams of fat
202grams of protein

Thanks fellas. I’m going to post this in other forums as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody has abs. At 14%, ain't nobody gonna see 'em.

I don't think you can make that much difference in only a month, but try carb cycling, perhaps lower your fats a little (a little). Carb cycle, 250 grams, 125 grams, 0 grams. Repeat for a month.

I believe "what" you eat matters, too, that is real foods, not processed foods or protein powders and other crap.

Track everything. Use MyFitnessPal.

Keep protein where it is and start dropping the other two in order to drop calories. Right now you are eating like 2500.. Up the cardio to an hour. Eat nutrient dense low calorie foods IE vegetables boneless skinless chicken breast(if any visible fat trim it off) and a little salmon. Keep carbs Low glycemic ex. Oats no sugar added and sweet potatoes.

Losing fat quickly will eat muscle also just an fyi. Also doing more cardio on less food sucks... Its going to suck.

You're at 2400 calories right now. If you're truly 190 and 14% bodyfat, that means you have maybe 165lbs of lean mass. So you're either eating too much or training too little (or in the wrong manner).

If you were truly at 14%, you'd be able to see your abs. I can see mine up until about 16%, but mine are thicker than most.

I believe you can make a pretty significant change in one month. I've lost almost 2" off of my waist in just over a week. Of course I'm using gear...so with that in mind, here's what you can do.

1) Lower caloric intake. Your options are either try lowering protein more (no less than 1g per lb of lean mass) or lower carbs more. Don't go below 2000 calories or you'll start stalling your metabolism too bad. I seem to run better on lower protein and higher carbs, but everyone is different. I can lean out just as fast with the lower protein and not be nearly as miserable. More bodybuilders than people think do less protein and higher carbs for prep.

2) Increase cardio. Ditch the running. And quit doing it before your lifting. That makes no sense metabolically and I'm not sure where people get that idea from. You're burning through your muscle glycogen before you lift, so your lifting is half assed from where it should be, and why wouldn't you want to burn off your energy stores first and then do cardio? Lift first. Then do 30 minutes of HIIT each day you lift. Now add in 30 minutes of fasted LISS 4-5 days per week when you wake up.

Chances are, those two are going to do what is needed, if you're actually eating the same shit everyday and not wildly understating your intake. Cut alcohol if you're drinking any. If you must drink, limit it to once per week and only straight whiskey, tequila, or vodka. No sugary rum or any other bullshit.

Cutting calories really low can only be done for so long. A month is fine. Longer than that you're pushing it. I'm personally dieting my dick off right now, I'm at 169g protein, 210g carbs, 60g fat for 2050 calories daily. I'm recovering fine and not too miserable. Definitely hungry all day everyday, but not miserable.

Keep protein where it is and start dropping the other two in order to drop calories. Right now you are eating like 2500.. Up the cardio to an hour. Eat nutrient dense low calorie foods IE vegetables boneless skinless chicken breast(if any visible fat trim it off) and a little salmon. Keep carbs Low glycemic ex. Oats no sugar added and sweet potatoes.

Losing fat quickly will eat muscle also just an fyi. Also doing more cardio on less food sucks... Its going to suck.

Definitely not fun. I agree on the chicken breast and salmon, I also eat 5oz beef daily to help retain muscle. Imo he doesn't need as much protein as most think to recover. No sugary with the oats, only Splenda, cinnamon, almond milk, etc. Count every calorie. Sweet potatoes and oats are my go to carb source when dieting hard too. More stable blood sugar levels than rice

I’ll cut the carbs down significantly. Eat carbs only before workouts. I added 500 mgs of tren a about a week and half ago. It may just be I’m not working out my abs as hard as I should be. Also have been eating candy.. my girlfriend keeps bringing it home lol.

A lot of people are asking that same thing! Lol . I think there are 4 packs, 2 packs, pony kegs, and Full Keg Status around the gym. Those lower ones seem to disappear the longest! Damn French Fries and Ranch with a Mountain Dew will get ya quick!!

Max

I’ll cut the carbs down significantly. Eat carbs only before workouts. I added 500 mgs of tren a about a week and half ago. It may just be I’m not working out my abs as hard as I should be. Also have been eating candy.. my girlfriend keeps bringing it home lol.

Well then there's your problem. Eat exactly the same thing every day for a week, weighed and measured. Add more cardio, and again, lift before cardio.

Wait you're eating carbs only preworkout and consuming 200g daily?

IML Gear Cream!
Wait you're eating carbs only preworkout and consuming 200g daily?

No sir. 200 throughout the day. I’m saying I will probably do low carb 50 grams preworkout. Then no more carbs the rest of the day.

Just remember it’s the calories you want to reduce and there are 9 cals per 1 gram of fat and 4 cals per 1 gram of carb.

Eating that low of carbs for a month is not going to be easy man. I did low carb diet last year to cut and it gets rough..

Just remember it’s the calories you want to reduce and there are 9 cals per 1 gram of fat and 4 cals per 1 gram of carb.

Eating that low of carbs for a month is not going to be easy man. I did low carb diet last year to cut and it gets rough..

Yeah cutting weight like this is new to me. I’m done being apart of the “let’s get big/swole without having any aesthetic look” group.

At 14% my upper 4 abs always pop up. Its about the thickness of abs too.
Have you seen eddie hall with abs at 30%. Bf ?

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

Definitely not fun. I agree on the chicken breast and salmon, I also eat 5oz beef daily to help retain muscle. Imo he doesn't need as much protein as most think to recover. No sugary with the oats, only Splenda, cinnamon, almond milk, etc. Count every calorie. Sweet potatoes and oats are my go to carb source when dieting hard too. More stable blood sugar levels than rice
Why oats and sweet potatoes specifically?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, hers an option I did not see posted yet

Increase good fats and decrease carbs but maintain your macros for the day or you’ll just lose muscle Unnecessarily. Eat proteins and good fats pre workout with the exception of fruits, small measured amounts of almonds or if you’re too lean and muscles are flat add a cup of white rice in there, but I wouldn’t ar first, not until you reach your target bf%

Why oats and sweet potatoes specifically?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Oats have a really low glycemic load and sweet potatoes have a slightly lower glycemic load than other potatoes but are way more nutrient dense than other sweet potatoes. You could got with brown rice also but I just don’t feel as full eating the equivalent carb total with brown rice as I do with sweet potatoes.

I try to stick to Whole Foods as they tend to have less added sugar and again lower glycemic load but you could also have pasta made with mung beans, soy beans, garbanzo beans etc but then people would usually want to add sauce and cheese.. sweet potatoes are good plain. Oats I just add some stevia and cinnamon and I’m good.

That’s my thought on it any way

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, hers an option I did not see posted yet

Increase good fats and decrease carbs but maintain your macros for the day or you’ll just lose muscle Unnecessarily. Eat proteins and good fats pre workout with the exception of fruits, small measured amounts of almonds or if you’re too lean and muscles are flat add a cup of white rice in there, but I wouldn’t ar first, not until you reach your target bf%

I have used this method also and it works well. But he gave a time frame of a month. And for me it would take longer than that to go from no abs to full abs with that method. But that’s just me.

Get Shredded!
I have used this method also and it works well. But he gave a time frame of a month. And for me it would take longer than that to go from no abs to full abs with that method. But that’s just me.

Me too. To make dramatic progress in a month I have to be in a large caloric deficit. Like 800+ calories daily. Not sustainable but definitely works for a shorter time

Would something like a starvation diet work? I've read that when you lose weight you can expect 25% of the weight loss to be muscle and 75% to be fat. I am finishing my cut cycle and I've cut down to 1500 cals for the last two weeks. Probably a retarded idea, but I just wanted to try it.

If you are this close and it is crunch time, that might be a possibility. The Tren should help with recomposition as well.

No way that works for me, I’d drop way too much muscle, he most likely still won’t have the abs he wants or the lbm at that point

I lost 48 kilos in 4.5 months for last contest prep.
Went from 275 pounds to 176 on stage (190 without water cut and fully carbed)

Lost a shit tonne of muscle but I came in second in my class. Which was pretty much fixed. The guy who won was 15kg heavier in my class and had like 20% bf. My country believes in size more than look.
So overall it was worth it. My first stage experience. 3 to 4 hour cardio in last month. 1200 calories. I made it just in time.

I already got most of my lost muscle back since then (10 months back)

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

Back