• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Sterile vials from gpz

redwolf

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Bought some 20ml sterile vials from gpz to double filter some gear I had. Had 3 of them, with 6 10ml vials to go into them. When I ran through my 6 vials, none of the 20ml ones were full. Did I just lose that much oil from filtering with a syringe filter? Or do the vials hold more than 20ml if you fill them to the top?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Depending on what type of vial they all should hold a few more mL than the stated capacity.You shouldn't have lost more than 3-4 mL at best with a syringe filter. I have 10mL vials that easily hold around 12 if filled to the top.

How full were the 20mL vials? I imagine a 20mL vial could hold 25mL.

Depending on what type of vial they all should hold a few more mL than the stated capacity.You shouldn't have lost more than 3-4 mL at best with a syringe filter. I have 10mL vials that easily hold around 12 if filled to the top.

Ok cool that makes sense to me. They were about 3/4 full. I had 2 more vials to filter so split one between 2 of them to make it more full. This would go along with the assumption that the vial could hold about 25ml. Makes me feel better about not losing so much!

i've heard its 1-2ml that gets left behind in a syringe filter, I usually run 1ml of pure carrier oil at the end if it's for myself just to push through the last of it

i've heard its 1-2ml that gets left behind in a syringe filter, I usually run 1ml of pure carrier oil at the end if it's for myself just to push through the last of it
I just put extra air in and pushed it through. Held it till it stopped dripping. Hopefully that negated some of the loss

Yes this is true

I just put extra air in and pushed it through. Held it till it stopped dripping. Hopefully that negated some of the loss

You should have been able to do all that through one syringe filter though and not lost more than a few ml

You should have been able to do all that through one syringe filter though and not lost more than a few ml
This is what I did. If the 20ml are actually closer to 25ml, it makes sense why they were not filled all the way up.

Back