• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

5-htp recommendations

Bigtoe

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Looking for recommendations on brands to take of 5-htp. There are alot out there and they all seem to have a few different ingredients of other supplements.

I have been on welbutrin as advised by my doc. I went against the advise of several on ASF and pretty much regret that.

Now looking to take 5-htp as recommended by several on here. Just have no idea on brand, dosage or when to take it.

A little background... I was prescribed opiods for years then quit completely 2 years ago and never felt right again. Some of it is my age (45) but should not be to the point of having no joy in life and have to force myself to do anything. I dont look forward to vacations, sex or anything. My life is good but my mindset sucks. I drink maybe once a month, if that and that works but definitely not that answer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looking for recommendations on brands to take of 5-htp. There are alot out there and they all seem to have a few different ingredients of other supplements.

I have been on welbutrin as advised by my doc. I went against the advise of several on ASF and pretty much regret that.

Now looking to take 5-htp as recommended by several on here. Just have no idea on brand, dosage or when to take it.

A little background... I was prescribed opiods for years then quit completely 2 years ago and never felt right again. Some of it is my age (45) but should not be to the point of having no joy in life and have to force myself to do anything. I dont look forward to vacations, sex or anything. My life is good but my mindset sucks. I drink maybe once a month, if that and that works but definitely not that answer.

Research P.A.W.S and supplements to help. Apparently it can take years. 5-htp by Swanson is cheapest.

Max

I have read alot about PAWS . I think opiods taken for any length of time permanently changes you in a negative way.

Thorne

I have read alot about PAWS . I think opiods taken for any length of time permanently changes you in a negative way.

and anesthesia for too long have some effects definitely but, just keep up the good work and you will get better!! TRT and Proviron definitely boosted my overall feeling of well being.

Max

Any brand will usually do the job. I personally like SOLGAR, not even sure they make it anymore, but what I did like was the Timed or Controlled release version.

Even 200mgs ED can make a nice difference in mood

You may want to look into nootropics. Those can offer alot to those with mood issues, depression, anxiety, etc.

Meds like Welbutrin, while sometimes necessary are the devil. I administered such meds for a decade + and have seen hundreds of patients lives ruined or complicated as results of these psych drugs handed out like candy. They often have awful effects, make you worse, and many patients of mine said that they were 100% "numb" meaning they were no longer depressed, but rather, even worse they had zero ability to experience any emotion. No sadness, no happiness, just nothing.

I have heard that hundreds of times and it's very sad.

What I would look into if I were you is low dose Shrooms. They say it can reset the brain and I have seen numerous studies recently and have heard many many people state that this indeed works like a charm. I have never used , nor had a patient use it under my care FYI.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...sion-aztecs-psilocybin-mental-health-medicine

Any brand will usually do the job. I personally like SOLGAR, not even sure they make it anymore, but what I did like was the Timed or Controlled release version.

You may want to look into nootropics. Those can offer alot to those with mood issues, depression, anxiety, etc.

Meds like Welbutrin, while sometimes necessary are the devil. I administered such meds for a decade + and have seen hundreds of patients lives ruined or complicated as results of these psych drugs handed out like candy. They often have awful effects, make you worse, and many patients of mine said that they were 100% "numb" meaning they were no longer depressed, but rather, even worse they had zero ability to experience any emotion. No sadness, no happiness, just nothing.

What I would look into if I were you is low dose Shrooms. They say it can reset the brain and I have seen numerous studies recently and have heard many many people state that this indeed works like a charm. I have never used , nor had a patient use it under my care FYI.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...sion-aztecs-psilocybin-mental-health-medicine

I love the Solgar 185x Circumin ! Top notch company. MAPS organization does a lot of shroom research.

Max

Last edited:

This☝️☝️ 100%

Is all Solgar 5-htp time released? I'm on Amazon now. It's still sold. I'm highly considering this bc my life kinda sucks right now. Lost the love of my life because of religious shit and still serving tables at 34. I don't feel optimistic at all right now and I just feel stuck and like nothing I will change that. I'm generally a pretty upbeat guy. Three years down the drain because of girls parents...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Is all Solgar 5-htp time released? I'm on Amazon now. It's still sold. I'm highly considering this bc my life kinda sucks right now. Lost the love of my life because of religious shit and still serving tables at 34. I don't feel optimistic at all right now and I just feel stuck and like nothing I will change that. I'm generally a pretty upbeat guy. Three years down the drain because of girls parents...

Shit like that in life can bring you down. When I lost a woman getting another was all that helped me. That really helped me with being lonely. I was exactly 34 when my wife, of 14 years left me and the kids. That was a dark time for me. That took about 6 months to get over and was good again. With that I had alot emotions mainly really sadness. It took a few months then started noticing that I had plenty of girls that were after me. There are a shitload of girls out there to replace your old one after a couple months. My advise is get on match or some site like that and get a rebound girl. And some 5-htp

Ask yourself what you want to do in life, what do you want to accomplish, what type of career would you be excited to do well into your old age?.... then go for it. Don’t let life pass you by bro. Follow your passion.

you could always be the frontman for a sugar ray cover band. Haha I remember you look like Mark McGrath. A woman can’t make you truly happy if your not happy with yourself and where you are in life. You can always go back to school. I did it at 29/30 years old. I hate paying the bill but ultimately was one of my better decisions in life. Good luck bud.

Ask yourself what you want to do in life, what do you want to accomplish, what type of career would you be excited to do well into your old age?.... then go for it. Don’t let life pass you by bro. Follow your passion.

you could always be the frontman for a sugar ray cover band. Haha I remember you look like Mark McGrath. A woman can’t make you truly happy if your not happy with yourself and where you are in life. You can always go back to school. I did it at 29/30 years old. I hate paying the bill but ultimately was one of my better decisions in life. Good luck bud.

That

Max

As for the op. I used cheap 5-htp back in the day. Didn’t really do much for me, but.... I did a lot of research on shrooms. Low dose shrooms over an extended period of time will in fact ‘rewire’ your thinking patterns. Also, being more social (in person) will also help. Try getting involved in something new with new people (good influences). Volunteer work helps to.

I agree Don't know about short term use, but long term it does. It's been 4-5 years for me and I am still not fully recovered, and have accepted I prob never will. But it has gotten a lot better, especially after the first year.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I agree Don't know about short term use, but long term it does. It's been 4-5 years for me and I am still not fully recovered, and have accepted I prob never will. But it has gotten a lot better, especially after the first year.

Are you using any supps ? and how long and extent of opiate use ? -good thread -Thanks-OD

Are you using any supps ? and how long and extent of opiate use ? -good thread -Thanks-OD

About 4 years of daily oxy use. Used suboxone for 2.5 years to kick the opiates, but used cocaine heavily and almost daily for 3 years with suboxone and after. I initially used 5htp, noopept, and a few other things I can't remember to restore some form of normal brain chemistry. Getting back into a good routine with nutritious foods and training is what helped the most. This was all before I was married and had kids. My life is drastically better and continues to improve now. I currently take kratom and use marijuana.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone of you guys that are dealing with chemical imbalances due to long term drug use ever try Modafinal (sp?)? A few sponsors carry it. There is some potential for relief, but it might be a slippery slope... it is a stimulant if I remember correctly?

just an idea 💡!

Anyone of you guys that are dealing with chemical imbalances due to long term drug use ever try Modafinal (sp?)? A few sponsors carry it. There is some potential for relief, but it might be a slippery slope... it is a stimulant if I remember correctly?

just an idea !
I'm a Guinea pig to try anything. I have been looking for clinical trials for lsd/shroom trips. From what I have read clinical trials have shown some pretty amazing relief from imbalances. Not in several treatments but after the first. If you do a little research you can find a few docs that say i cant legally advise you where to go but can help point you in the right direction.

Gotta mention this weird shit too...

This is one of the most fucked up things that opiods caused physically that finally went away after about 6 months. Now this was after I quit not during taking them. Whenever I had to take a shit I would have hyperhidrosis of the ass literally to the point of having to change my panties. Would even come through my pants and look like I sat in water if I did not go take a shit. After going ass sweat went away. I showed my doctor one day and she had no explanation other than to say that's strange.

I'm a Guinea pig to try anything. I have been looking for clinical trials for lsd/shroom trips. From what I have read clinical trials have shown some pretty amazing relief from imbalances. Not in several treatments but after the first. If you do a little research you can find a few docs that say i cant legally advise you where to go but can help point you in the right direction.

Gotta mention this weird shit too...

This is one of the most fucked up things that opiods caused physically that finally went away after about 6 months. Now this was after I quit not during taking them. Whenever I had to take a shit I would have hyperhidrosis of the ass literally to the point of having to change my panties. Would even come through my pants and look like I sat in water if I did not go take a shit. After going ass sweat went away. I showed my doctor one day and she had no explanation other than to say that's strange.

Look up maps.org they do all the clinical trials w that stuff. Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a membership-based 501(c)(3) organization working to raise awareness and understanding of psychedelic substances.

Max

Get Shredded!
After being on ASF for quite a few years I have noticed that it seems the majority of us have gone through some sort of substance abuse issue and stayed sober. Just wanted to tell everyone one of you out there to stay strong keep it up. Its a fucking amazing accomplishment.

Back