• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anabolic Q&A 12/31/19 Training

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Restarting the Q&A!

Anyone feel free to contribute.

ONLY WARNING - If you derail the thread I'll put you in time out. So don't be a dick. Guys wanted input so, let's go!

How old were you when you really started training?

Did you have any influences that pushed you to training?

Favorite type of training?

Any memorable lifts of Pr's you've had?

Thank you @Vision for the topic!

Restarting the Q&A!

ONLY WARNING - If you derail the thread I'll put you in time out. So don't be a dick. Guys wanted input so, let's go!

Excited for this I’m sure we can all get a lot of good info and answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restarting the Q&A!

Ill play
1. This time around, got back serious at 33yo
2. No influences. Just got clean and wanted to be the exact opposite of junkie.
3. Favorite style? "Powerbuilding" I suppose. Generally speaking 2 heavy compounds 2-4 sets of 5-8 reps followed by 2-3 isolations in the 3×10-20 rep range for pump/stretch etc. Then a 2nd body part light/pump/recovery 6 sets×12-15 reps
4. Memorable PRs? 2 plate squat was a big one. 3 plate bench was good one. 4 plate deadlift wad good. BUT my 500lb deadlift was def my favorite!!!

Anabolic Q&A 12/31/19 Training

Started weight training at 14 for sports. First started bodybuilding at 24. Took a break around 28 and got back serious at 35.

Arnold was my influence.

Favorite training is fortitude training thanks to you!!

Favorite PR moment was hitting 465lbs for 1 rep when I was 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Restarting the Q&A!

In 2007 training really got serious

A good friend pushed me to start training.

I prefer training like a bodybuilder.

Again I don't train for numbers but I made the 1,200 pound club my junior year of high school. That was a good day. I haven't thought about that in years... thanks for bringing that back to me.

Myself -

Weight training in school for sports of course.

Then I stopped from the age of 17-20ish since I was doing what every guy that age does, getting shit faced drunk every the weekend around a bonfire on Keystone light and "Hot Damn".

Started back "training" at 21 or so and then in 2013 I got, what I thought, was more serious.

2014/15 I dropped off then in 2016 back to it when I did a transformation contest.

Since 2013 I've been constantly learning and trying new things in training and diet but, two years ago I really focused in on training the most.

My first coach was a big influence. He was a forum guy by the handle Snagency. National level (placed top four in nationals a few times) middle weight who had never touched an injectable AAS. He taught me what it took to get shredded my first show. Simple low carb shit with a sweet potato, oats and banana refeed once a week. He taught me a lot about the fundamentals of training volume, progressive overload and frequency.

Most memorable lifts, last year,

safety bar Squats, 495*8
Rack pulls 14 plates *12

Myself..
I was 14-15.. My mom and dad got me the old plastic/concrete weights. I have it hell. she had a friend that has a older son that was into BBing, she would give me bags and bags of mags. I had posters all over my room and shed..
I mimicked the routines that come on a huge poster on my shed wall..
I dropped in and out over the years, but still thought about it everyday..

My favorite style of training in my latter years became a mock version of fortitude, its no where near the same layout of format, but rather a mock version of what I call intuitive/instinctive training.. Multiple body parts a week, regadless of my main session, just tossing in a fast pump for other groups has helped me stay fuller.. I abused this at one point and started to decline in gains and was getting no-where, I dialed it down to just a pump.stimulation high rep set and I have been doing it since, forever..

My personal best honestly happened in the kitchen.. I struggled in my early years with eating do to life habits, but once I stay consistent, and dedicated the way of life embraced me as I did to it.. I can now almost eat at will, within reason, and every 2 hrs isn't a struggle like it once was.. I have learned so much over the years, and a ton here at ASF that has changed my life in the kitchen and even recently HF0 gave me some game changing suggestions..

Everything that I have achieved, truly came from the kitchen.. you can't stress that importance enough..

also, Kia has been one of my biggest motivators ever, but John Meadows has been the biggest influence in my life and my approach!

- How old were you when you really started training?
Started training at 15 years old in highschool. Took a break from 22-28 to pursue a music career. Got back to a serious training and nutrition program at 30 and I'm currently 35 years old.

- Did you have any influences that pushed you to training?
My influences initially were to look and feel good. Watching Pumping Iron for the first time made me take things to next next level. I was the kid in school that always had a stack of Muscular Development and Iron Mag magazines in his locker. I was always looking to learn something new and see how far I could push myself. Most people thought it was weird because I always had a magazine of some beefed up bodybuilder in underwear on my desk.

- Favorite type of training?
Started with a beginner full body routine 3 days a week, transitioned to a typical bro split of 1 body part each week. Currently having a lot of success with DC training during a blast and push/pull/legs routine during a cruise.

- Any memorable lifts of Pr's you've had?
My most memorable PR was when I finally hit 315 on bench and got 405 for 3 on squat. Haven't PR'd in years though.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I started at 14, at a friend of the families gym in Manhattan (Natural Physique, owned by Bob Fuchs & Nicole Bass - a ms Olympia contender and WWF wrestler) At 18 I turned to bodybuilding. Did my first show at 21.
From 21-39 I did 39 shows always heavy weight. My biggest was 252lbs but only 6%bf... I always took most muscular, best legs and heavy weight class but never good enough to take overall.
For my whole life I've been a NYC EMS FDNY paramedic. I succumbed to numerous diseases secondary to Sept 11th. Which derailed me in 2007. I only have been able to get back into it 8 months ago at the age of 52. Following many hospital stays and surgeries (42).
Never kept nor remember personal vests from yrs ago. But recently I'm making great gains & growth. Today im.more concerned with health than physique. But I love the gym, old school BB and ppl like Lou ferrigno, rich gaspari, Dorian Yates.

I started at 20 ended 35. Divorce and went down hill. Blue moon and tequila Where my bestie. Now restarted at 41. Not drinking as much. Love arms and chest weak now pushing 225 , curl 50 60 pounds still weak lol. What inspired me hummm seeing everyone jaked. Figured trade my keg for a two pack then work myself to a 4 pack then six. Hopefully.

IML Gear Cream!
Myself -

Weight training in school for sports of course.

Then I stopped from the age of 17-20ish since I was doing what every guy that age does, getting shit faced drunk every the weekend around a bonfire on Keystone light and "Hot Damn".

Started back "training" at 21 or so and then in 2013 I got, what I thought, was more serious.

2014/15 I dropped off then in 2016 back to it when I did a transformation contest.

Since 2013 I've been constantly learning and trying new things in training and diet but, two years ago I really focused in on training the most.

My first coach was a big influence. He was a forum guy by the handle Snagency. National level (placed top four in nationals a few times) middle weight who had never touched an injectable AAS. He taught me what it took to get shredded my first show. Simple low carb shit with a sweet potato, oats and banana refeed once a week. He taught me a lot about the fundamentals of training volume, progressive overload and frequency.

Most memorable lifts, last year,

safety bar Squats, 495*8
Rack pulls 14 plates *12
I miss snagency. RIP

started lifting @14. mostly to be able to play football I thought,until I noticed the girls liked guys with muscles. my biggest influence was an old country boy named Kenny Hite(sob would smoke a joint,crank up the doobie brothers and go at it).fucker worked in a pulpwood yard all fuckin day and then meet me at the gym.(I had been workin hard too on my tan). type of training,very simple. a lot of bench press,whatever weight I can do 8 reps.(right now 225,2 plates each side as many as 10 sets of 8, lot of curls and tri pull downs. little bit of cardio. im just to fuckin old and achy to do back,shoulders,legs,but I used too.(im 56) the only time in the last 42 years I haven't done some kind of weight lifting was in 2014. got pneumonia, almost died, doc said if I wouldn't have been in good shape, never would have made it. ive never been so weak(couldn't do 3 push-ups) took me about 6 months to get over that shit.Anyway benched 365 sometime in my 20s. that's my big milestone. didn't mean to go on so much,but this brought back a lot of good memories. thanks guys

15 years old
mostly strength training for wrestling
I prefer bodybuilding regiments over powerlifting regiments
at ~24 I put up 320 on the bench (@~165lbs). Felt good.

Back