• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

DB overhead extensions or rope?

Rope

constant tension = more hypertrophic

plus with dumbbells , at the top I feel like I’m strangling myself ... my head gets really red.

Rope

constant tension = more hypertrophic

plus with dumbbells , at the top I feel like I’m strangling myself ... my head gets really red.

Yeah I was gunna give the ropes a try tomorrow instead of DBs worked my way up to the 115 120 DB wanna see the difference with the rope do you do them sitting or standing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was gunna give the ropes a try tomorrow instead of DBs worked my way up to the 115 120 DB wanna see the difference with the rope do you do them sitting or standing

Both

I’m gonna start doing more for my arms... I switched things up now so I’m doing biceps on my push day and triceps on my pull day so they won’t be completely shot by the end of the session so I can really target them. For me, my arms grow without much direct work.

it’s my chest and my quads that need attention. Shoulders and arms come in good...

DB builds mass better imo. But it's also really hard on your elbows. Be careful when pushing progressive overload on this exercise. That's how I permanently hurt my elbow/tricep tendon. Doing sets of 8 on these with a 105lb dumbell. The cable rope is much easier on the elbows, but doesn't work as good. I think it's better to push your overload on close grip bench and dead skullcrushers

Adding French Presses w a dumbbell overhead is a good exercise to try betweeen the two mentioned. After you have plenty of size, lol. Rope anything is a great supplemental to heavy barbell/dbell work.

Max

DB builds mass better imo. But it's also really hard on your elbows. Be careful when pushing progressive overload on this exercise. That's how I permanently hurt my elbow/tricep tendon. Doing sets of 8 on these with a 105lb dumbell. The cable rope is much easier on the elbows, but doesn't work as good. I think it's better to push your overload on close grip bench and dead skullcrushers

Yeah this week 120’s were in order and I’d I can have something a little safer with the same effect that’s a plus haha

Yeah man the DB ones are an injury waiting to happen. I stay away now completely.

Yeah man I did them sitting with the rope today and still had a crazy pump got up to 150 for 2 sets out of the 3 for 21’s felt very good

130lb db overhead extension for me. I've just recently started standing with them and I like it a lot better.

I used to lower cable on the machine and I bring it up Midway and I put a tricep bar on there.. then I turn around and I use the extra long thick brown ropes slightly bent over with full contract and stretch.

I use both the rope and dbs... various rom with the rope, lately is using 2 separate grips in an underhand poison for pressdowns, that really hits the lateral head hard.

Laying dbs, now this is a staple also, Kellogg your elbows well behind your head and pressing the dbs2 back and not upwards will not only keep the tension on your triceps, you can use less weight so you don’t have so much pressure on your elbows. If you want more clarity on these I’ll try and fix some pics and post them ... either way the rope doesn’t replace the db work but rather accents it really well, imo

I use both and either sitting or standing. Variety is great!

Back