• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

donating blood - hemoglobin too high

BallsMahoney

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So i tried to go donate yesterday, and my hemoglobin was too high (21). They only accept 20 and under. Is this something I could attempt to do myself? Not really a fan of sticking my veins. Any suggestions out there?

Theres ways to lower it temporarily. Google it. I know that drinking a ton of water will help. Anyone else want to chime in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I knew about the water but not sure how much, maybe a epic shitload like a couple gallons lol! I've also read fish oil can help thin the blood.

I sent a text to my neighbor who is a nurse but no reply LOL. I'm just not a fan of going in my vein. No issue pinning, but I have trouble finding my wife's vagina most days let alone a fucking vein.

DIY vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9Q1HjIdPk

I was donating at a fire hall one day a guy walked in and tested @ 21 they told him either he goes right to the ER or they will have the ambulance take him. Overreacting? Maybe. Any idea what your hematocrit level is?

You can always go to your doc he''l prob run bloods then he can give you a script to go to the hospital and have it done/covered by insurance assuming you have it.

Yeah I knew about the water but not sure how much, maybe a epic shitload like a couple gallons lol! I've also read fish oil can help thin the blood.

I sent a text to my neighbor who is a nurse but no reply LOL. I'm just not a fan of going in my vein. No issue pinning, but I have trouble finding my wife's vagina most days let alone a fucking vein.

I drink 5 liters every day and my levels are still over the top every three months I couldn't drink more if i wanted to. Maybe mine would be even higher if i didn't drink that much I am just not sure how effective water is as a remedy.

DIY vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9Q1HjIdPk

I was donating at a fire hall one day a guy walked in and tested @ 21 they told him either he goes right to the ER or they will have the ambulance take him. Overreacting? Maybe. Any idea what your hematocrit level is?

You can always go to your doc he''l prob run bloods then he can give you a script to go to the hospital and have it done/covered by insurance assuming you have it.
Not sure what the hemocrit level is, but i can ask my dr. I went ahead and called to see if they can send me to get it drained. If not, i guess i'll attempt the self bleeding video!

A Real trt clinic will include therapeutic phlebotomy . Then again my dr only goes 200mg test aweek and the most 1mg anastrozole . Mine were little high so he dumps every 8 weeks . So no issues with blood or heart. You actually cant get a refill at my dr office if your hematocrit are high . Plus your nurse friend has to draw like 8 vials

I've had this happen a couple times and gone back a few days later and passed so they were able to do the blood draw

My buddies bought a case of bags and we do them whenever we want. I couldn't do it to myself but they are pretty good at it. A few youtube videos and we were off. Funny thing I dropped a pint and got my TRT checkup the next week... still high. Weird.

DIY vids

Any idea of the size of the yellow tube to go over the pin?

IML Gear Cream!
Most blood donation centers will do a therapeutic blood draw for free. They won’t use it for donor purposes, but they’ll help you out especially if your doctor writes you orders.

Most blood donation centers will do a therapeutic blood draw for free. They won’t use it for donor purposes, but they’ll help you out especially if your doctor writes you orders.

This ^

I have been lucky myself and stay below the limit range when it is time to donate. Still hoping to get a phlebotomy from a doctor just incase later on my levels start to stay on higher ranges.

a couple gallons

No. It would wash away your electrolytes and your heart would stop pumping. It's called water intoxication. Runners die all the time from consuming too much before and during a race.

I drink 5 liters every day

Me too. I flavor mine with squeeze bottles of Crystal Light. The ingrediants look like a chemical stew, but my nutritionist gave it the okay. I wish the nutritionist, who has legs up to here, would give me the okay.

I’ve never donated but have been thinking i might need to, do you feel sluggish and slow when your blood is to thick ?
I have been feeling this way for a while now and can’t seem to get going most days.

I’ve got my appointment today with the Red Cross. I hope I’m good to go. I tried pulling the plunger out of one of my needles and just letting it drain into a Gatorade bottle but it went so slow I got maybe 1-2 fl ozs before I said fuck it.

If this doesn’t work I’m gonna order a blood letting kit or phlebotomy kit what ever you wanna call it, and do it myself!

Go off for a month and the hematocrit and hemoglobin will go down. Donate at 4 weeks while you are off and then stay off for another week to avoid a rebound. Listen or don't. Works for me and a lot of older guys. People are so scared to lose the steroid pump. Going off for 4-6 weeks, even if you are standard hypogonadal from using for years, is a net positive for your health.

Went into red for a mobile Red Cross blood drive and then didn’t even check my hemoglobin or hemocrit and 10 mins later they were drawing my blood. As soon as I got in my car I realized how much better I felt! Not sure if it was the placebo affect or not but I felt damn good!

1133a65a6b489ddb45123cbc114bda86.jpg

Go off for a month and the hematocrit and hemoglobin will go down. Donate at 4 weeks while you are off and then stay off for another week to avoid a rebound. Listen or don't. Works for me and a lot of older guys. People are so scared to lose the steroid pump. Going off for 4-6 weeks, even if you are standard hypogonadal from using for years, is a net positive for your health.

You saying go off of trt too?

Get Shredded!
You saying go off of trt too?
I do. How long do you think you will be hypo going off for 4-5 weeks? Not long. And so what? Do it or don't. Don't do it and watch your hematocrit go up and up. Donate and stay on and watch it rebound higher and higher. If you do decide to try it get blood work and watch your health markers start moving back into the green zone. Doing the month or so off periodically works for me. Your results may vary.

It's Jay Cutler!!
Is that a shot at one of the top guys of our times? He's just another liar of course. Yeah don't ever go off Bolan. We're all our own personal lab rat. Who would want his own personal lab rat to deflate 2% for a week or two so he's not a blood bloated tick with tachycardia.

Is that a shot at one of the top guys of our times? He's just another liar of course. Yeah don't ever go off Bolan. We're all our own personal lab rat. Who would want his own personal lab rat to deflate 2% for a week or two so he's not a blood bloated tick with tachycardia.
Lol... No... Cutler says he cycles off HRT. Which you know he's as totally shut down like the most of us, yep hes lying for sure.

Just bc he's one of the top guys of our time doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time. No one is right 100% of the time.

On blasts when I donate it keeps me normal for a couple months till it's time to donate again. Yes, I know this from lab work.

On a cruise of 200mg of test my hgb and hct doesn't raise. It stays in a normal range.

So I've never saw the need to come off completely.

Happened to me not too long ago. They declined to do the blood donation for hemoglobin and high BP. Two not so great problems to be having… I drank a ton of water and made another appointment a week later and I was good to go!

Im actually glad a saw this thread because I have a blood donation tomorrow at our church and I need to pound some water today 😁

On blasts when I donate it keeps me normal for a couple months till it's time to donate again. Yes, I know this from lab work.

On a cruise of 200mg of test my hgb and hct doesn't raise. It stays in a normal range.

So I've never saw the need to come off completely.
Taht's good. Keep an eye on it. The older we get the higher the likelyhood that it goes up with androgen use. Bhasin published several papers describing this in the mid 2000s. Here is a link to one of the articles. Effects of Graded Doses of Testosterone on Erythropoiesis in Healthy Young and Older Men

Provide some rational why he is wrong.
Myself as well as countless others don't come off completely. My blood work is perfect on trt. I do not buy into the concept of giving androgen receptors "a rest" bc research shows that it isn't necessary and the more you're on the more androgen receptors your body actually produces.

So I don't see the need to put my self through coming off completely when health markers are good and I don't believe that androgen receptors need a rest.

We could debate it all but I think it comes down to a personal preference at the end of the day bc everyone's body reacts differently.

Back