• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Powerful leg cramps

Nyde

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
After a leg training session, about 2 hours later I get powerful leg cramps if I do the wrong movement. I usually tend to work out in the morning. 2 hours after training and doing legs, I have to be significantly careful while I'm at work not to do anything stupid that will cause my legs to cramp up. However, if I train at night time, like I did last night, a few hours into my sleep, I woke up and within seconds my legs went into this powerful cramping effect. I was able to come out of the cramp of the right leg within seconds, but I stayed in a powerful luck on my left leg. To the point that I began screaming and agonizing pain and couldn't get out of it. Today my left leg hurts bad. I cannot afford for this shit to happen over and over again. What can I do to prevent leg cramps, especially while I'm at sleeping at night time?

You are probably either electrolytes deficient or electrolyte imbalanced. Do you restrict your salt intake? Try loading salt in your preworkout meal and see what happens. I have to on leg day or I cramp bad. I also take electrolyte caps pre and post on leg day and I use 4g taurine in my intra. DHTs make my cramping much worse

Taurine makes me dull, flat and boring. Takes the edge off that I need to kill the weights. Better for sleep time then awake time.

Perhaps I should consume Pedialyte during my leg session? BTW.... I came home that day and ate a large meal. Why would I cramp so bad in middle of sleep? I drink a gallon of water per day.

Try a few tbsps of apple cider vinegar -I have woke up with bad leg cramps - hobbled to kitchen and drank straight out of the botttle .You can also use pickle juice -Luck-OD

Taurine makes me dull, flat and boring. Takes the edge off that I need to kill the weights. Better for sleep time then awake time.

Perhaps I should consume Pedialyte during my leg session? BTW.... I came home that day and ate a large meal. Why would I cramp so bad in middle of sleep? I drink a gallon of water per day.

Taurine does that? I have to say that I highly doubt that is what's causing that. Otherwise you'd be dull all day long from eating grains and living. Plus drinking energy drinks wouldn't work. I think you may mean tryptophan. Taurine doesn't do that in anyone because it doesnt have anything to do with CNS downregulation at all. It actually increases neurotransmitting.

Did you have plenty of salt on that meal? It also probably didn't provide enough electrolytes. Drinking a lot of water is great, but what many seem to not realize is that drinking that much water daily flushes the electrolytes out of your body at a higher rate than normal people. So you need to supplement those. Pedialyte would work, or get some capsules.

Back