• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Too much protein for my weight?

LeunabDM

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Currently starting a bulk after a 3 month cut, calories were dropped pretty low during cut since I don’t need much food to sate my appetite and didn’t like implementing cardio into my routine.

Stats: 5’8 157 lbs 12% bf.

Currently trying to find my maintenance which is somewhere around 2300 calories give or take. So calories at 2300 for maintenance (gonna add 300 cals next week) with a macro split of 40/35/25 C/P/F which turns out to be 220 g of carbs, 193 g of protein and 61 g of fat .

Now is that too much protein for my weight? Would it be more efficient to eat less protein and up either my carbs or fats? At what point does protein become inefficient in putting on mass?

My diet consists of :

Breakfast: @ 492 calories (every single day I’ve ate this for past 4 months)
184 g of egg whites
1 egg
4 slices turkey bacon
4 slices of light bread
2 tbsp of sugar free strawberry marmalade for my sweet tooth :)

Lunch/post workout :
Dinner:
These consist of either one of three lean meats which I portion into 8 oz
1) ground turkey breast 8oz. @ 420 calories
Rice
2) ground beef 85% 8 oz @ 660 calories
Rice
3) chicken breast 8 oz @ 483 calories
Rice

Snacks: @ enough to fill up the rest of my macros for the day.
1.5 scoop of whey protein
Cheerios
Almond milk

This is what I eat on a daily basis. Sometimes I’ll add steamable potatoes instead of the rice for my meals cuz they’re really good .

Any tips on my diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is literally a sticky about your protein question.

Where are you micro nutrients? Why no fruits and veggies?

Where are your healthy fats??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
About 1.5g per lb of LEAN body mass is what you need. The only way to tell for sure is by getting a calibrated bodpod or dexa scan. To estimate it, figure out your bodyfat (about) and subtract that from your weight. Then multiply lean mass by 1.5

I think more than 1.5g per lb is pointless. You'll gain more size with additional healthy fats and carbs. I would up your fats, swap some of the whites for more whole eggs, swap that whey shake bullshit for egg whites, and throw in some raw almonds/walnuts/peanut butter. Add in something like 1c 2% cottage cheese at the end of the day, or Fage yogurt with some simply fruit jam and some peanut butter or something to that effect.

There is literally a sticky about your protein question.

Where are you micro nutrients? Why no fruits and veggies?

Where are your healthy fats??

Oh my bad. I’ll take a look at the sticky.

I forgot to add that I do eat steamable broccoli but that’s about it for veggies and only every so often. I knew I was missing fruits but is it that big a deal? Would my diet be more efficient with fruits worked in there?

I’ll try to add some more veggies and especially healthy fats

I think more than 1.5g per lb is pointless. You'll gain more size with additional healthy fats and carbs. I would up your fats, swap some of the whites for more whole eggs, swap that whey shake bullshit for egg whites, and throw in some raw almonds/walnuts/peanut butter. Add in something like 1c 2% cottage cheese at the end of the day, or Fage yogurt with some simply fruit jam and some peanut butter or something to that effect.

So more whole eggs and more egg whites to make up for the whey shake ? I can definitely do that, would probably feel better overall too. I knew I needed some sort of fats but I never got around to incorporating them in my diet, I’ll add in the fage yogurt and the nuts .

Oh my bad. I’ll take a look at the sticky.

I forgot to add that I do eat steamable broccoli but that’s about it for veggies and only every so often. I knew I was missing fruits but is it that big a deal? Would my diet be more efficient with fruits worked in there?

I’ll try to add some more veggies and especially healthy fats

Of course itll benefit you man. Do you think the only way to get big purely on meats and rice ?

Considering your last post, it's a good thing you're holding off the cycle brother because if you can't see why fruit and veggies should be added then you def have some research to do.

Like, you have hardly any fiber here, you're going to be backed tf up at some point.

Of course itll benefit you man. Do you think the only way to get big purely on meats and rice ?

Considering your last post, it's a good thing you're holding off the cycle brother because if you can't see why fruit and veggies should be added then you def have some research to do.

Like, you have hardly any fiber here, you're going to be backed tf up at some point.

Haha yeah that’s already been happening, I need to poop more. I already took your advice and bought some more veggies/fruits, cottage cheese and peanut butter

Back