• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Clear things up for "Shut Down"

vladiT

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
SO basicly ive seen a lot of conflicting information out there lately. And i just wanted a spot that this could all be thoroughly explained.

Alright, so the term "shut down" as in not making any spermies. Can you be shut down but still making natty test? Because it seams from what ive been reading lately that some guys are on here saying that they have no to low sperm count, but are currently not on cycle, so it would seam to me that their natty test levels if any are very low. But they are also saying that their ejaculate is in the high 10ml range plus or minus a few. So it is possible to have low sperm, high ejaculate and what would these test levels be? Can your test levels be pre cycle range but no sperm?

just trying to clear a few things up here. im all set on the kid department right now, and i knew the risks before entering into this, but as for the future, i'd just like to be straight. I always thought that if you were recovered, that your sperm levels were recovered as well.

I don't think sperm count and ejaculate are connected. I'm not sure if there's anything we can really do about the amount of ejaculate produced. I've heard of different supps and foods etc but I don't think any of them will turn you into horse spray.

Well, ive seen a couple threads on here, and i can say personally, that clomid has increased the volume it is unknown weather or not it if it effected sperm count. I am not really concerned about the amount lol just wondering though,,,, can you have any amount say average but low sperm? are these two connected?

Well, ive seen a couple threads on here, and i can say personally, that clomid has increased the volume it is unknown weather or not it if it effected sperm count. I am not really concerned about the amount lol just wondering though,,,, can you have any amount say average but low sperm? are these two connected?
Clomid does that with volume.

Serious steroid usage can damage your sperm count, but at the same time leave your testosterone levels to recover just fine (and sometimes it won't recover). There's a bunch of delicate biological systems at play, so it's impossible to say what happened to you specifically.

The best thing to do is what GS already mentioned: get your sperm count tested, then again in 3 months if you want to be sure what's happened.

lol no bros youre are misunderstanding, i dont care what my sperm count is or if i have sperm at all, but i am just wondering all this, not personally, im just thinking like a philosopher kind of thinking hahaha I said i didnt give a shit, but reading some guys hrt and fertility posts i got to thinking. Just because i thought test levels automatically meant sperm and im sure a lot more people do also.

Ahhhhh... Different question bro. Yes, Low T can mean low sperm count. I say "CAN" because there are some men with low T but their sperm count falls within normal ranges. They might be on the low end of that normal range but still considered normal. Notice I said "Low T" and not "NO T."

Also, when saying "Shut Down" I believe it's in reference to shutting down our endogenous production of Test.

Now the real question is.... Does the use of exogenous Testosterone keep the endogenous production of sperm going? Can men produce good healthy sperm and father children while on and because of AAS?

Ahhhhh... Different question bro. Yes, Low T can mean low sperm count. I say "CAN" because there are some men with low T but their sperm count falls within normal ranges. They might be on the low end of that normal range but still considered normal. Notice I said "Low T" and not "NO T."

Also, when saying "Shut Down" I believe it's in reference to shutting down our endogenous production of Test.

Now the real question is.... Does the use of exogenous Testosterone keep the endogenous production of sperm going? Can men produce good healthy sperm and father children while on and because of AAS?
No and usually no to those two questions.

I was under the impression that "Shut down" referred to the testes not receiving the chemical signal to produce testosterone because the body was overloaded with testosterone. You are still producing sperm while geared. The shrinkage comes from the fact that the gonads are the bodies source of natural testosterone and if your body has too much of it they shut down and shrink due to not being used.

"i am just wondering all this, not personally, im just thinking like a philosopher kind of thinking hahaha"

OP, you are a fucking retard. Quit overanalyzing body chemistry with personal philosophy and do your research.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that "Shut down" referred to the testes not receiving the chemical signal to produce testosterone because the body was overloaded with testosterone. You are still producing sperm while geared. The shrinkage comes from the fact that the gonads are the bodies source of natural testosterone and if your body has too much of it they shut down and shrink due to not being used.

"i am just wondering all this, not personally, im just thinking like a philosopher kind of thinking hahaha"

OP, you are a fucking retard. Quit overanalyzing body chemistry with personal philosophy and do your research.

do you really have to be a dick? im just fucking wondering, its a dam question,,, i was reading a bunch of posts from boneman actually about his whole fertility treatment and some other peoples, saying how they had ejaculate but low sperm/ or no sperm, and i was like oh i never thought about that... its called having a conversation holly shit dude,,, its not like im sitting here wondering stressing out if i have sperm or not, i like to be knowledgeable

the whole second part of your response was not necessary and its not like i troll around on this board saying stupid shit, no i actually do know my shit, but like every other person in the world i dont know everything

and if you read my post, i said for the purposes of this conversation here i am referring to shut down as not making sperm! so learn to fucking read someones post before you go flaming shit.... thanks for your response

Philosophy is fun, but as far as this topic goes, Science trumps Philosophy:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18438174

thanks bro

Thanks vette, this is exactly what i was wondering

Back