• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stop the dietary insanity

Procard

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I see log after log of people on this forum overdieting. There is one guy, 265 lbs at a fairly low (maybe 12 %) body fat level. He has lots of muscle and shape and only a couple of week points. Last time I checked he was down to 218 lbs and is on a very low carb eating plan..

Unfortunately his constant over dieting has killed his placing's, he comes in flat every time. This guy should be 245 lbs ripped onstage.

On the other hand, when done right your diet should not be nearly so restrictive. I get down to 4% body fat without ever going below 300 grams of carbs per day. It is offseason and I am 221 lbs at 8% bodyfat. The last time I was on stage I was 211 lbs.

That means I competing at only 10 lbs below my offseason weight. To ge ready for a show I simply keep everything fairly clean and utilize Intermittent Fasting. I eat less beef and more fish and chicken. I eat on a 12 by 12 schedule. I increase cardio to one hour per day and increase drug intake. That is it.

So guys, stop killing your bodies by overdieting. Keep it clean, keep it on schedule and let your training/cardio/drugs do their thing. Yu will come in bigger, harder and more full this way.

Your off season weight should not be 50 lbs heavier than your contest weight. You don't have to lose all your muscle to get stage ready.

Back