• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Telling the truth to Dr.

BELLICOSE

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Curious as to how many are open with their trt doctors about running cycles? I’ve been on trt for about 4yrs and with this doc about 3. Not a fly by dude by any means but very open and cool guy, and so I told him what I’ve done and plan on doing, to my surprise he was on board, I mean he wasn’t like fuck yea let’s get it brotha but it’s a relief now I can go in pull bloods and not worry about a bunch of explaining and shit. So yea just wonder what everyone else’s experience is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 100 with my Dr. He needs to know if theres something going on outside of my normal bloodwork he can't figure. I do keep him on a need to know basis but just remember the doc works for you. There are plenty out there to fill his shoes and happily take yours and the insurance companies money. I do show him the respect of making sure my bloods are in range but if my liver values are off I'm not afraid to say I ran anavar for a few weeks. Remember they are there cause you pay them to be

I told my Dr 1 month ago about about my cycle. I asked him " do you have any issue's treating me under me new life style?" He said he has no issues continuing to treat me but educated me that he prefers me use TRT only and he thought my current regiment at the time of 200mgs per week was a little high. He had me take labs and chest x ray so I also got mid blood work done. He wants bloodwork again before I start another cycle.

My experience is.... doctors forget who they truly work for and are under intense scrutiny. Therefore, I do not trust them enough to be open with my drug usage. I wish it wasn’t like this, I truly would love to find a doctor that I could trust.

I still feel like doctor patient confidentiality isn’t real and am afraid to lose insurance coverage even tho I’ve been told that won’t happen. My kids depend on me being insured.

I am 100 with my Dr. He needs to know if theres something going on outside of my normal bloodwork he can't figure. I do keep him on a need to know basis but just remember the doc works for you. There are plenty out there to fill his shoes and happily take yours and the insurance companies money. I do show him the respect of making sure my bloods are in range but if my liver values are off I'm not afraid to say I ran anavar for a few weeks. Remember they are there cause you pay them to be

That was kinda my concern is with the bloods, I didn’t know if I come in with some awesome crazy high test levels if he would have to answer to someone being he prescribed me test. But nope he said he don’t answer to anyone lol. But yea I’m glad we had the conversation and good to hear your in the same boat

My experience is.... doctors forget who they truly work for and are under intense scrutiny. Therefore, I do not trust them enough to be open with my drug usage. I wish it wasn’t like this, I truly would love to find a doctor that I could trust.

I still feel like doctor patient confidentiality isn’t real and am afraid to lose insurance coverage even tho I’ve been told that won’t happen. My kids depend on me being insured.

Yea man I agree, I’ve walked out like 3 doctors offices because they just swear they know more than everyone. It took me a little minute but I’m 100% cozy and trust my doc. Yea man that insurance is huge especially with kids so I feel you on not risking that shit!!

I told my Dr 1 month ago about about my cycle. I asked him " do you have any issue's treating me under me new life style?" He said he has no issues continuing to treat me but educated me that he prefers me use TRT only and he thought my current regiment at the time of 200mgs per week was a little high. He had me take labs and chest x ray so I also got mid blood work done. He wants bloodwork again before I start another cycle.

Sounds like a good doc, mine wants to keep a close eye on bloods as well and to me that’s good practice. So that’s cool your good to go now

i went to my PCP because of a back issue, and first thing he says when he walks in the door is, you back on the juice. I proceeded to tell him that Ive actually lost weight since last time I saw him, which was about 5-6 months prior, and that I have not been in gym for about 4-5 weeks because of my back. He knows that I have used in the past and that I am on TRT, but that is prescribed by by endo, who also knows that I have done gear in the past. Now will I tell either of them that I plan to back on cycle after my back heals....HELL NO. There are very few physicians, if any, that you can have an honest conversation with, and wont look down upon you for making choices that pertain to your life and lifestyle.

My doc is cool as hell and would even write me a medical marijuana card if I wanted it. Even then, I haven't told him jack shit about what I take other than my TRT. Maybe i have trust issues but I don't want some dick head doc messing up my insurance that I already pay way too much for.

IML Gear Cream!
Listen, bottom line is u need to have some kind of open communication with your doc before he thinks you need statins for your heart or MRI for this or that or starts sticking things up your ass to to check your prostate. I dunno where you live but by me docs are a dime a dozen. If you don't gel with him, tell him to fuck off and get another. You are paying for them to monitor your health, if you mess up he doesn't care, he just puts someone else in your appointment slot.

Dang, i was lowkey thinkin of tellin my PCP about the thoughts of goin on a cycle and if he can monitor me, but now im having second thoughts from the experiences yall had..smh lol

Any Dr. with half a brain will know if you are doing more T then they prescribed. The aren't dumb people. People lie about their diet, how many pain meds they take, how much they drink etc. What you tell him can be written down in your folder and it is there forever. And he had to be able to justify anything he does to insurance companies if you want them to pay for it.

I haven’t told my doc yet, but I get everything covered through insurance so I don’t want him to cut me off. I time my cycles so that my bloods come back perfectly normal when I see him every 6 months.

I am at Kaiser as well. The Doctors go strict by protocal. He knows but we both pretend we don't know lol. Just once I screwed up and didn't clean up before my quarterly blood test and my test came in at 1500. He asked me what was happening? I told him I injected a day before the test and I think I made a mistake and doubled the dosage.

Im on 200mg per week. Im at the end of my 5th week since I started and my bloods came back with TT 1481, FT 416, and E2 at a 26. He wanted to dial it down but I told him I feel great so its up to me. Anyone have any input on my protocol?

Im on 200mg per week. Im at the end of my 5th week since I started and my bloods came back with TT 1481, FT 416, and E2 at a 26. He wanted to dial it down but I told him I feel great so its up to me. Anyone have any input on my protocol?

He said it's up to you? Cool doc.

If all your other blood markers are healthy I'd stay right there. T at 1481 is above physiological but only a bit, and may not have a measurable downside. But if lipids, hemocrit, or other things creep out of range I'd dial it down.

Yeah it wasn't really a formal conversation, but he did say at loud "well you are doing your injections at home so I can't make you change the protocol but just make sure to keep in touch with any issues or side effects". Nothing from the 4 week bloods were out of the normal range that I was told about. I'm going to go back in a couple weeks and check again just to be safe. Those clinics are great.
He said it's up to you? Cool doc.

If all your other blood markers are healthy I'd stay right there. T at 1481 is above physiological but only a bit, and may not have a measurable downside. But if lipids, hemocrit, or other things creep out of range I'd dial it down.

I go to an HRT clinic. He pretty much knows what the deal is, but neither of us say anything. He essentially prescribes cycles and assumes other guys are running things on the side. If it's a legit TRT clinic that prescribes normal doses, I definitely wouldn't say anything.

If blasting and cruising, one of the key things I look for in a TRT doc is how often they do bloodwork. Every 6 months is ideal - gives you plenty of time to run blasts and get levels and health markers back to normal.

I wouldn’t. You chance it ending up in your record which could cause issues with future claims or life insurance even.

Get Shredded!
I am lucky, my doc knows all about my experimenting with other compounds beyond my TRT protocol which is only .7 ml per week of cypionate. He won't prescribe any for me (such as nandrolone) but he doesn't ask questions about where I get it; and he always asks to send him my blood tests after my experiments, to both monitor me as a patient and also to add to his growing knowledge of anabolics and their impacts on older men who are on TRT. It's research.

I worked in the field for a decade and I assure you that telling your Doctor the truth is playing Russian Roulette. They will put remarks in your permanent file if you admit to AAS use, just as they do with REC's. I've seen it many times.

And if any other doctors see that file, the chances are they will as well. I would say 90% of doctors will mistreat you if they have that info in front of them. The odds are not in your favor. Trust me on this.

Never ever tell the doctor what you have done or are doing, unless of course it's something like an emergency and you are at the ER, dying bc you took too much DNP. That's different. Never admit to AAS use.

I had a very cool primary doctor once that ran some labs and he had to be like 80. He was like, look, " I need you to lower your dose of Creatine" bc your liver levels are off, and some other values. He was cool as hell. So just for him I did reduce it and come back and retest, and he was pleased.

He very clearly knew the deal and was awesome about it. He retired. Every Doctor I have had since then (except for mine now) was garbage. I went in one time with a 37 nano reading ( I made happen ) and she was like, well, there's nothing I can do for you, even though you are not in range,this is a healthy number for a male your age. LOL.

Doctors and HRT are the worst.

I worked in the field for a decade and I assure you that telling your Doctor the truth is playing Russian Roulette. They will put remarks in your permanent file if you admit to AAS use, just as they do with REC's. I've seen it many times.

And if any other doctors see that file, the chances are they will as well. I would say 90% of doctors will mistreat you if they have that info in front of them. The odds are not in your favor. Trust me on this.

Never ever tell the doctor what you have done or are doing, unless of course it's something like an emergency and you are at the ER, dying bc you took too much DNP. That's different. Never admit to AAS use.

I had a very cool primary doctor once that ran some labs and he had to be like 80. He was like, look, " I need you to lower your dose of Creatine" bc your liver levels are off, and some other values. He was cool as hell. So just for him I did reduce it and come back and retest, and he was pleased.

He very clearly knew the deal and was awesome about it. He retired. Every Doctor I have had since then (except for mine now) was garbage. I went in one time with a 37 nano reading ( I made happen ) and she was like, well, there's nothing I can do for you, even though you are not in range,this is a healthy number for a male your age. LOL.

Wow. If only there were a way to introduce a GnRH antagonist into her water supply or something... let her see how she reacts to her own hormone levels being mysteriously just above zero -- along with her energy level, mood, libido, bone mass, etc. Seems like a lot of people fail at basic sympathy until they personally suffer the same problem.

Hey sir.

I do not currently have a PCP because I moved. I am going to be trying to find one soon because my bp has been a bit high lately. I was going to see if I can get a low dose beta blocker.

I am currently mid cycle. Is that something that a new doctor will want blood test results for?
i am definitely gonna be looking for a male doctor as they seem much more understanding. Would you agree?

Back