• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Can't get a script - going to do it myself i guess....

BallsMahoney

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I joined the forum years ago when I started feeling a bit sluggish and got my T checked. In 2015 i'd consider it mid-range for my age (around 600). I asked my Dr to look into TRT and of course, being the typical 60yo doc with old school mentality he said no way. SO i've been cycling off and on ever since. I got my T checked not long ago and not surprised to see it'd dropped by half (currently 300). My doctor STILL will not prescribe test, and neither will the local endo. How can this be??? I felt like shit when it was 600, now its 300 and nobody will help. The "acceptable range" of 250-1000 a HUGE swing. How do they know what my baseline should be??? I'm super pissed off because i feel like crap.

Long story short, i'm going to try and pin 200mg/wk and cruise myself since i can't get a prescription to save my life. Can you guys help me do the right thing? How often should i get bloodwork done to monitor things? I'm totally lost on the TRT stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Or anyone know a good endo that would help in the Kansas City area?

Last edited:
Give yourself a nice 6 weeks after starting protocol and check your levels then. Adjust if needed and repeat. Make sure to have an AI on hand, just in case you need it! Even at trt doses, some guys need it. Also watch your rbc/hematocrit levels as well your E. Once you have everything dialed in, you could go a year at a time between labs. Unless you change from trt protocol, of course.

My doc would only give me 100mg test every two weeks. So I started supplementing with another 100mg on my own. I eventually got rid of the middleman and started self administering and monitoring. Best decision I ever made. Do everything right and you'll be g2g

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

Find a new doc.

600 is great! 300 is on the low side.

Pin 100mg Monday and Thursday.

No AI

Initially do bloods around 6-8wks and again to see how your body responds. Where your levels are at, e2 etc.

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist

Thanks for the replies guys. As you all know, its VERY frustrating dealing with these doctors who are so behind the times in regards to hormonal health. None of us should have to self-prescribe like this...

That being what it is, i'll definitely take your guys' advices and i'll stick with the 200mg/wk (might split it into 2 injections) and will get an initial blood draw at 6wks to see whats up. Much thx guys.

Thanks for the replies guys. As you all know, its VERY frustrating dealing with these doctors who are so behind the times in regards to hormonal health. None of us should have to self-prescribe like this...

That being what it is, i'll definitely take your guys' advices and i'll stick with the 200mg/wk (might split it into 2 injections) and will get an initial blood draw at 6wks to see whats up. Much thx guys.
Yeah I did it through the VA and they randomly stopped my TRT without reason because I'm "too young." Ffs. I decided fuck it, I'm done with their shit

You should look for wellness clinics or hormone replacement clinics in your area via google. With most of these places ( all that I know of around me) even if your test levels are say 800 you can still get a script to try to get even closer to 1k. You can also go with companies like titan medical center and do everything online. You reach out to them and they will send you a lab request to get bloods done around you locally. Once they get your results they send you your prescription in the mail along with everything else you would need and you can even get extra stuff like injectable amino acids, glutathione, or even nandrolone (Deca) for your joints. Thats only if you really just want a prescription so you can legally travel with it or for whatever other reason you may want a prescription for everything. It’s definitely much more expensive tho for sure. It’s much cheaper to just find a good source here, get on your own protocol like some mentioned above, pull your own bloods, and you have absolute control over everything and don’t have to worry about not getting your prescription renewed if you’ve been taking more than prescribed aka blasting or cycling when you have to do bloods for them again. I will say tho it is nice to have a prescription and be 100% legal but where a lot of guys get confused is they think just because they have a script for trt they can legally buy and poses as much testosterone as they please. It doesn’t work that way. That would be like thinking you can legally buy Xanax or pain killers from drug dealers or the dark web just because you have a prescription for them lol.

My level was at 160 so now I'm on 200mg a week. What you could do is #1 absolutely get a sports doc or an internist, fuxk the endo, #2 come off your self administered get and let your test crash THEN go in ans get your bloodwork done... Tada!!! Low test with a new dr. Like stated above, get on Google and look for trt or wellness docs in your area. Its so easy these days bro, your doing yourself a disservice right now and having a script is nice peace of mind too

My level was at 160 so now I'm on 200mg a week. What you could do is #1 absolutely get a sports doc or an internist, fuxk the endo, #2 come off your self administered get and let your test crash THEN go in ans get your bloodwork done... Tada!!! Low test with a new dr. Like stated above, get on Google and look for trt or wellness docs in your area. Its so easy these days bro, your doing yourself a disservice right now and having a script is nice peace of mind too
I've thought about crashing it post cycle, and getting tested. Endos are like 3-4 months out for an appointment, so i'd have to get my timing down when scheduling.

I looked into the TRT clinics, and they are super expensive. Several hundred dollars a month for 200mg doses, so i'm not doing that when i can use the same UGL i've been using for years on ASF to self-medicate. I might look into the sports doc. Good idea there. Whats an internist?

An internist is kinda like a general practitioner but is able to write scripts for trt and knows how to run the bloodwork to my knowledge... Im probably bastardizing the definition I apologize. My first script was from an internist at a walk in medical clinic my job uses for wellness, she was an internist. Now I use a sports medicine Dr who works with local pros in the area and my insurance covers it. $50 for 12 200mg bottles of cyp

IML Gear Cream!
I had to look it up, an internist specializes in the prevention, treatment and diagnosis of internal medicine for adults like a pediatrician does for children.

I joined the forum years ago when I started feeling a bit sluggish and got my T checked. In 2015 i'd consider it mid-range for my age (around 600). I asked my Dr to look into TRT and of course, being the typical 60yo doc with old school mentality he said no way. SO i've been cycling off and on ever since. I got my T checked not long ago and not surprised to see it'd dropped by half (currently 300). My doctor STILL will not prescribe test, and neither will the local endo. How can this be??? I felt like shit when it was 600, now its 300 and nobody will help. The "acceptable range" of 250-1000 a HUGE swing. How do they know what my baseline should be??? I'm super pissed off because i feel like crap.

Long story short, i'm going to try and pin 200mg/wk and cruise myself since i can't get a prescription to save my life. Can you guys help me do the right thing? How often should i get bloodwork done to monitor things? I'm totally lost on the TRT stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Or anyone know a good endo that would help in the Kansas City area?
Brother reg docs suck with this unless you have one that use to be a gym rat or really cares about men’s health. A ending will run you thru the time her with test and all kinds of shit. I get mine thru my urologist. They are really into men’s health and well being. My test level when I originally got checked was 280. I was 34 yrs old and yes I manipulated the shit out of my body for 6 months.. anyway I would do this. I am not a dr or giving dr advice . This is how I did it. I ran 500mg I led test prop for 6 weeks. Then I stopped all together for another 6 weeks. The. I went to the dr and told them my feeling and how I felt. I also was honest and said I abused steriods for years.. so when he did my test he told me that I. Order to be elegable for trt it has to come in under 300ng. Your almost their. If that dosnt work I have a buddy that uses Iran medical outta fla. look it up you could do everyhi g online.

Thought i should report i ended up pinning 200mg last night. Probably all in my head, but i already feel amazing LOL! I think i just like gear!!!! But seriously i think i do feel a bit better already! Considering splitting into 2 pins/wk and i will get bloodwork done at 6 weeks to check my levels.

Is 1000 too high? What should i be aiming for?

Try to find a good online clinic that doesn't require you to go to their office. vikingalternative.com is one I have been eyeing. The owner Sam has a youtube channel and puts out some good content.

I'm going to be upfront and honest with you, 600ng/dl is not going to warrant TRT. I would just cycle at that point. If it eventually gets down to the 300 range on consecutive labs (3 draws) I would start planning accordingly.

I was down at 118, 108, and 110 respectively prior to hopping on for life.

I'm going to be upfront and honest with you, 600ng/dl is not going to warrant TRT. I would just cycle at that point. If it eventually gets down to the 300 range on consecutive labs (3 draws) I would start planning accordingly.

I was down at 118, 108, and 110 respectively prior to hopping on for life.
It was 600ng/dl in 2015. Tested this year at 335. So I'm already there. Its dropped by half in a few years time. Thats not normal. To boot, i felt like crap at 600, so i'm sure my body felt better/normal at higher than 600. I never tested it prior because i felt fine, so i don't really have a baseline of what normal felt like.

Last edited:
I think our test levels should be higher than the "normal" persons, after all we don't have the strength or looks of a "normal" person. If you think you need to get above 600 ng/dl to feel good, go for it! There are doctors out there prescribing super physiological levels of test, you just have to find them. Or do things yourself. Like I said, start searching for online testosterone clinics or online testosterone replacement. That opens the doors to far more doctors than just the ones in driving distance.

Thought i should report i ended up pinning 200mg last night. Probably all in my head, but i already feel amazing LOL! I think i just like gear!!!! But seriously i think i do feel a bit better already! Considering splitting into 2 pins/wk and i will get bloodwork done at 6 weeks to check my levels.

Is 1000 too high? What should i be aiming for?

1,000-1,200 IMO, since you're going through all the hassle of TRT to begin with. And that's still physiological range.

Watch E2 too tho, some need an AI even when T is normal.

It was 600ng/dl in 2015. Tested this year at 335. So I'm already there. Its dropped by half in a few years time. Thats not normal. To boot, i felt like crap at 600, so i'm sure my body felt better/normal at higher than 600. I never tested it prior because i felt fine, so i don't really have a baseline of what normal felt like.
It makes me wonder whether or not there might be something else going on with the endocrine system for you to feel off at 600. Have you had your TSH, free T3, T4, etc checked? Just a thought.

Also, I would recommend getting 3 consecutive labs, spaced out at weekly intervals to see what you average. This will give you a clearer picture if your crap feeling is coming from test alone. The reason being, if thyroid function is also off, no amount of test will have you feeling better again.

Hope that helps a bit!

I use defy medical bc my doc refused when I tested at 330 something. They said they’ll usually prescribe up into the 500s if symptoms are present. It’s way more expensive than my insurance would be but it got me a script. After a while I just plan to go back to my normal doc and try to switch over to my insurance

Get Shredded!
I go through a urologist and he doesn’t give two shits...

My first visit I walked in told him I felt like shit, and I left with a 1 years script for 150mg a week then 2 weeks later I get the call that my test came back at 800... oooops didn’t crash my test good... he didn’t give two shits I go back 11 months later and ask him if I can up my test too 200mg a week he says SURE and then I tell him my insurance fucked up and blood work is going to be insane expensive, but I tell him in January I’ll get new insurance he tells me don’t worry about blood work do it in January...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm in your area....exact same problem. I found one place willing to do the pellet injections for something like 1600$ a quarter...yea right! Short of it is I had to do the same the first of the year and manage my own trt. I found a cool doc that helps me with all the bloodwork and all - just stays far away from prescribing anything. Been a good solution so far

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So I'm in your area....exact same problem. I found one place willing to do the pellet injections for something like 1600$ a quarter...yea right! Short of it is I had to do the same the first of the year and manage my own trt. I found a cool doc that helps me with all the bloodwork and all - just stays far away from prescribing anything. Been a good solution so far

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good to know its not just me here in KC. For whatever reason the list of willing doctors is next to none! yeah kiss my ass $1600/quarter for a 40 dollar bottle of test that'll last me 10 weeks!!! Thats comical. I'm totally managing my own TRT at this point. I wanted to post again to let you all know its been 2 injections so far at 200mg and let me tell you boys i feel great. Not nearly as super-physiological as while on a blast, but i dont feel like complete shit like when i'm 100% off either. Definitely interested to see my labs here in a few weeks. I will report back again.

How soon after injection do i want to have labs drawn?

Good to know its not just me here in KC. For whatever reason the list of willing doctors is next to none! yeah kiss my ass $1600/quarter for a 40 dollar bottle of test that'll last me 10 weeks!!! Thats comical. I'm totally managing my own TRT at this point. I wanted to post again to let you all know its been 2 injections so far at 200mg and let me tell you boys i feel great. Not nearly as super-physiological as while on a blast, but i dont feel like complete shit like when i'm 100% off either. Definitely interested to see my labs here in a few weeks. I will report back again.

How soon after injection do i want to have labs drawn?

we have a low T center here in my town mine was at 120 when I first started. They started me out at 100mg and I keep telling them I felt bad so they finally are about a year got bumped up to 280mg and that keep my levels around 700-800. They would do blood work about every 6 mouths and pull blooods on the 7 day after shot. Just watch you red blood cell count after staying on for awhile it will go up sometimes

we have a low T center here in my town mine was at 120 when I first started. They started me out at 100mg and I keep telling them I felt bad so they finally are about a year got bumped up to 280mg and that keep my levels around 700-800. They would do blood work about every 6 mouths and pull blooods on the 7 day after shot. Just watch you red blood cell count after staying on for awhile it will go up sometimes
My red blood cell count does go up on cycle too. I usually donate blood and all is well. I'm not new to T or anything, i've been cycling for years but never on a low T dosage. So far so good, will report back once i get bloodwork.

Hope it works out for you man. I'm kinda the same as you; I got natty bloodwork done and my test was 600ish, but I didn't feel that great. I just started my first cycle last week and after a few pins of 250mg I feel great. Wondering if it's even worth it to PCT or if I should just join that blast and cruise life.

Hope it works out for you man. I'm kinda the same as you; I got natty bloodwork done and my test was 600ish, but I didn't feel that great. I just started my first cycle last week and after a few pins of 250mg I feel great. Wondering if it's even worth it to PCT or if I should just join that blast and cruise life.
Yeah exactly bro, at 600ish theres no way you're getting a script and just like me i felt like shit @ 600. How old are you & what is your cycle history (sounds like this is the 1st one)? If you're new to all this stuff, I don't recommend jumping right into blast/cruise 4L.

Yeah exactly bro, at 600ish theres no way you're getting a script and just like me i felt like shit @ 600. How old are you & what is your cycle history (sounds like this is the 1st one)? If you're new to all this stuff, I don't recommend jumping right into blast/cruise 4L.
I agree...he 600 ..lol thats actually not bad... I was always like 180 to 220.... when I got my script testing over a six-month period.. course I'm kicked off now ..lol...yeah take your time making that decision... remember youll be pinning every week the rest of your life... if I had good numbers I would have blast and cruise....even in my 40s

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I'm 29 and it's my first cycle. Yeah I will have to think about it more. I just don't wanna yo yo my hormones and only be able to blast 1-2 times a year, losing gains in between. Maybe I'll PCT at least once and see how I recover before deciding. In the end I think I'll be on TRT anyway.

Back