PDA

View Full Version : Stronger alternatives to ECY to lose weight?

Ish516
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Hey all,

So I've been reading a far amount ECY, ECA, Clen, and T3 to lose weight. Basically, I decided to go with ECY because, for the most part, I'm a newbie.

My question is, does anyone know a better suppl stack? Or can I add additional supplements?

My current bio is 5'7, 170 lbs, about 22% bf.

2 days on and one day off.
40 mins of weight training
20 mins of cardio

Now Im doing

3 days on and one off.
30 mins circuit training (mainly calisthenics)
20 mins HIIT cardio.

Diet is alot of cold cut sandwiches, lettuce chicken wraps, lettuces egg wraps, chicken or tuna salads

pitt
05-04-2013, 05:19 AM
ECY is ephdrine and yohimbe correct? You may want to start with something that doesn't involve three stimulants, like just ephdrine or E+C. If you could change all the sandwiches out for something a little more wholesome it would go a long way.

liftingiron
05-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Hey all,

So I've been reading a far amount ECY, ECA, Clen, and T3 to lose weight. Basically, I decided to go with ECY because, for the most part, I'm a newbie.

My question is, does anyone know a better suppl stack? Or can I add additional supplements?

20 mins of cardio

Now Im doing

3 days on and one off.
20 mins HIIT cardio.

Diet is alot of cold cut sandwiches, lettuce chicken wraps, lettuces egg wraps, chicken or tuna salads

Your diet is whats holding you back.

DaMaster
05-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Hey all,

20 mins of cardio

Now Im doing

3 days on and one off.
20 mins HIIT cardio.

Firstly I like to think of losing fat and not weight. The scale isn't as important as body composition. Unless of course you're morbidly obese, which you're not. Even then I can argue for the goal of body re-comp.

The exercise program you have is ok for now. Certainly to get your motor running. Within a short time I'd have you doing more specific weight lifting exercises... ie to build muscle. What you're doing won't do that. You'll want to because more muscle means a higher BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is your resting metabolism. You may need help with that and a good personal trainer can be very helpful for that. You can always come here and ask and get great info but without actually watching you do things it's hard to correct things.

Your diet: I agree with LiftingIron. That needs to change. On the surface it sounds healthy and it is compared to typical eating habits. But it's not going to help you much with your goals. Lot's of sandwiches sounds like lots of bread to me. I stay away from bread for the most part. I treat myself to a PBJ once in a while on what I call heavy bread. I find it in the freezer section and it's double wrapped. Other wise I really don't touch bread. Also without knowing 'how much' you're eating it's hard to give specifics as far as changing. So I'll give you my un-scientific way of eating.... I eat as much damn protein as I can stand. In every single meal. My plate revolves around protein. I'll throw in some steamed veggies sometimes and occasionally some brown rice. My breakfast shake is usually where I get most of my carbs for the day.

1 cup of plain old fashion oatmeal
1 cup of egg whites
1 scoop of protein powder
1 Tbls of Peanut Butter

I blend the oatmeal dry until it's a fine powder. Then I add the protein powder, peanut butter and egg whites. A quick healthy meal in minutes. I buy the Egg Beaters Egg Whites in a container. I'm too friggin lazy to crack an egg.

If I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes I grab a quick protein shake and go back to bed. Want to stay in a positive nitrogen balance as much as possible.

I'll eat plenty of chicken breast, Tilapia filets, tuna fish, ground turkey and some steak once in a while when I get a craving.

I could go on and on, but to kinda answer your original question I'd say you don't need to focus on taking fat burning supplements (stimulants) what you should focus on first is keying in the important building blocks for success in the long run rather than what supplements you're taking. Our foundation work needs to be solid before adding in the extra stuff on top. If not then you'll be yo-yoing back and forth forever and not make and real sustainable progress.

Ish516
05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Wow Vettedood, you just blew my mind because teetering between great shape to a pile of pudge is exactly what I've been doing for the last 4 - 5 years.

DaMaster
05-05-2013, 11:05 AM
LOL, I'm sure it's not as bad as you say. But in truth most people look towards supplements and gear as a way to reach their goals without fixing the base issues at hand. People can take all the stuff in the world, and it may work to some degree. But without a solid foundation they will always swing back to where they started and sometimes even beyond. So the basic 'ingredients' are diet, exercise and rest. It's not sexy or fast but this is really about the long haul and not quick fixes.

Some of my opinions / tips on the basics:
1- Eat loads of protein. For many reasons this is important. But the big ones are:

You need protein to build muscle. No way around that.
Protein takes longer to digest thus slowing gastric emptying. This is important because you control your increase in blood sugar levels. Not having blood sugar levels spike has a better insulin response. This is why you want to stay away from simple carbs (sugary stuff). They give you rapid rise in blood sugar thus more increase production of insulin.
Protein takes longer to digest thus you don't get hungry as soon. This is kinda good don't you think?

2- Workouts should lean more to weight training than JUST cardio.

Cardio is good for you don't get me wrong. However it's called "Cardio" for a reason. It primary focus is that it works the cardiovascular system. You will burn calories because your muscles are working but you're much better served having the majority of your work done with weights utilizing your whole body. You'll burn more calories this way because you're activating more muscles than just your legs. Also THE WAY you activate the muscles differ and that also has an effect on fat loss. So as not to get into a deep involved metabolic discussion I'll give you an example of how the two types of muscle activation can give you two different looks. Let's take running for example. You have marathon runners and sprinters. 2 extremes on either end of the spectrum. Both are very lean. Both run as their main form of training. But they look vastly different. This is because of the WAY they train. Short, intense, explosive training vs long haul cardio type training. Suffice it to say I'd rather look like the sprinter than the marathon runner. Proper weight training vs cardio is like sprinting vs marathon running. This is a VERY simplified description but I think it makes sense.

3- Stay away from processed foods

The short way to understand this is that we are animals and are made to eat and drink what the earth has given us. If we didn't have a grocery store to go and buy food and drinks from and had to survive out in the wild, what would you eat and drink? Natural whole foods. Now of course we can benefit from non-natural stuff like protein powders etc. But the MAIN part of your diet should be whole un-processed foods.

4- Stay away from sugar

You'll hear "sugar = bad" and that's basically true because most people consume HUGE amounts of sugar mostly without knowing it. There's sugar in ketchup for example. Another example I knew someone who was fat, probably obese. I used to see him walking around drinking Gatorade. He said it was his healthy drink snack. I tried to tell him it's not at all healthy. It has as much sugar as a can of soda. Just because it's marketed the way it is doesn't mean it's healthy. There are health benefits from it IF you are working out ridiculously hard and have depleted yourself heavily. Also let's not forget the original gatorade came from University of Miami, thus called GATORade. It tasted like shit. Mass production and marketing for profit to sell to the masses they added sugar... lot's of it. Ok, now in reality you can have some sugar but just understand it's everywhere. I have a couple of spoon fulls in my coffee every day.

Just some ideas to think about bro. Once you get the basics down solid you can add sups. Then you'll know for sure what the sups are doing and you won't be relying on them for everything. Just to supplement your efforts.