• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Inversion Table

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My wife bought me an inversion table for my birthday this year. I've been wanting to try one but I was very skeptical so I never got one. She got an Ironman brand for only $200 and it's solid af and very well made it seems.

Anyways, I've had it three days and used it twice (the first day I was working and didn't put it together).

So I'm starting out with about a 60° inversion for ten minutes. Not too much of an angle or too long. I can tell A HUGE difference in my lower back and surprisingly my shoulders after only using it twice.

I hang with my arms above my head so I can try to rotate my shoulder girdle back more since I've got slump shoulders. After both sessions I've had a very noticeable improvement in shoulder ROM.

Also, it doesn't feel like it when you're laying back but, my lower back feels so much better. Time to time I'll reach up to grab the handles when my shoulders are tired and relieve a little pressure. When I put my arms back over my head I felt my lower back feel like it released and tons of tightness went away.

I dunno if it's gonna be a game changer but, I'm enjoying it so far and excited about hanging like Dracula lol.

Growing up my aunt had one in her living room and used it frequently. She swears by it and claims it helped all her injuries from a auto accident. Keep us posted bro.

I got one. I should start using it more often... it definitely does help.

I've always wondered about these and have never tried one. Another toy to convince the mizzus I need.

Good stuff, keep us posted as time goes on. Sounds like a good investment.

I love mine, I also hold a light dumbbell w/ arms stretched out, really helps back and delts when I do that. (90 degrees all the way).

i use mine... but use sparingly... it will stretch vertebral ligaments if used excessively... which will be counterproductive to the well being of your spinal column... couple minutes a day is all ya really need

Did you get it for injuries, or just for general health?
General health but, my arms have been going to sleep at night no matter what posotion I'm in.

It could be any number of things but, I'm hoping it's something a little hanging will fix up.

IML Gear Cream!
i use mine... but use sparingly... it will stretch vertebral ligaments if used excessively... which will be counterproductive to the well being of your spinal column... couple minutes a day is all ya really need
Good info. Thank you.

General health but, my arms have been going to sleep at night no matter what posotion I'm in.

It could be any number of things but, I'm hoping it's something a little hanging will fix up.

Shit I've got the same issue. Forcing my bad posture neck into a position further back (w/ chin down) always cures the numbness immediately tho, so I know the cause. All the arm nerves are coming out of C3-6 or so.

I might get one of these tables too.

I bought one about 3 years ago now and use it about 5x a week for 2-3 minutes at a time hanging completely upside down. It’s truly a wonderful thing, since I’ve had it all back pain and issues have completely been gone

Shit I've got the same issue. Forcing my bad posture neck into a position further back (w/ chin down) always cures the numbness immediately tho, so I know the cause. All the arm nerves are coming out of C3-6 or so.

I might get one of these tables too.
It was suggested that mine might actually be my ulnar nerve since if I pick my arms up the numbness will go away.

This could still be from a shoulder issue though but, it's both arms so that makes me think it's probably in the spine.

I found myself struggling with shoulder issues for a few months... for me, it was simply too much heavy bench pressing.

My workout partner had gotten hurt, so I decided to give myself some rest and lighten up my bench press for awhile. Stick with higher reps.

Well, as a surprise, my shoulder issues went away.

Now I bench heavy, but not as often.

As far as the inversion table, I had a really expensive version in my clinic. I had clients use it a few times a week. Felt good while they used it but no long lasting relief. Perhaps if it was used everyday.

Anyway, these ppl had back pain. As you said, you are doing it for general health and that might be the difference as you are not trying to fix anything.

Be careful if you have blood pressure.

I found myself struggling with shoulder issues for a few months... for me, it was simply too much heavy bench pressing.

My workout partner had gotten hurt, so I decided to give myself some rest and lighten up my bench press for awhile. Stick with higher reps.

Well, as a surprise, my shoulder issues went away.

Now I bench heavy, but not as often.

As far as the inversion table, I had a really expensive version in my clinic. I had clients use it a few times a week. Felt good while they used it but no long lasting relief. Perhaps if it was used everyday.

Anyway, these ppl had back pain. As you said, you are doing it for general health and that might be the difference as you are not trying to fix anything.

Be careful if you have blood pressure.
Those first forty seconds are rough lol. Feels like my head is gonna pop lol.

It was suggested that mine might actually be my ulnar nerve since if I pick my arms up the numbness will go away.

This could still be from a shoulder issue though but, it's both arms so that makes me think it's probably in the spine.

Think TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome).
Tight pec minor or anterior scalenes. Often what you see when you reduce tension on the involved muscle(s) is complete relief.

Look into this and do some research for good stretches.

Also consider some nerve glides for the ulnar nerve.

I am a physical therapist for 20 years btw and talking from a little bit of experience.

i deal with that often.. and yes ulnar nerve is sometimes the problem but i seem to see mine a bit more exaccerrbated while taking hgh.... as mine will affect all hand meaning radial, medial and ulnar nerves...and its not the typical tingling associated with gh, i know the difference....

Awesome info. I have been curious about inversion tables too. A co-worker of mine was 5th group SF, lots of jumping out of planes, rucking and generally fucking his body up for 8 years he was in the group. He started using inversion table 3/4 times a week a year ago and swears by it........majority of back issues have gone away. The table, combined with diligent and strategic stretching, has done wonders for him.

Back