• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New Plan - based on The Vertical Diet

judgmentalist

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Okay, so I built one day of my current meal plan in My Fitness Pal so I could screenshot it and share it here. It’s based on the Vertical Diet. Supposedly Stan Efferding’s Vertical Diet addresses a lot of nutritional issues and and promotes general health and hormone production, etc., etc. Just watch one of his videos on the diet if you’re curious.

Basically I just wedged in all of his “horizontal” nutrients wherever they would fit and then filled out the calories with ground beef and white rice. I had less calories left after accounting for all his dietary tweaks than I expected. I’m looking forward to doing this plan on a bulk. You’d be eating a mountain of cow and everything on here is super easy to digest, with the possible exception of the cheese, but it’s either that or resort to calcium supplements.

No shakes, no vitamins, the idea is to get everything from actual food.

The only thing required that isn’t listed in this plan is I think you’re supposed to eat salmon a couple times a week.

I have The Vertical Diet .pdf if anybody wants to take a look at it.

This meal plan is a cut. I have a theory that for people with my particular weaknesses, free days and cheat meals are ultimately counterproductive. The experimental feature is meant to be I will stay on this diet relentlessly for the entire period of the cut phase without a cheat meal or refeed or any deviation whatsoever.

Even if this results in periods of reduced metabolic activity, my hypothesis that these will be only temporary and I will push through them by staying the course. In the long run I feel that avoiding breaks in discipline is more important than trying to tweak the diet for maximum metabolic effect. Of course, as I get closer to my ideal BF% (8-10%), if I find that I need to drop calories to continue to burn fat I am prepared to do so.

78edce5e047b51c8b86627c54a4ded82.jpg

Critiques welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should run a log bro. I’d follow along.

So red meat, rice and the occasional sweet potato and carrots. That's the general idea of the vertical diet right?

So red meat, rice and the occasional sweet potato and carrots. That's the general idea of the vertical diet right?

Pretty much. Unsweetened cranberry juice for iodine. Carrots for something or other. Almonds... it’s all supposed to be in there for a particular reason that will show up in this really extensive bloodwork he has his athletes do. It’s sounds good on paper. Like I said I have the .pdf if you want to read it. Ain’t worth $100 IMHO.

First glance thoughts... low calories = lbm loss not necessarily fat loss

First glance thoughts... low calories = lbm loss not necessarily fat loss

Not that low. The last time I did this I was at 2700 calories and only lost 2lbs. LBM while losing like 50 lbs. total. Confirmed with Hydrostatic testing.

This plan is about 2400 but I’m not training nearly as hard as was then. Sort of maintenance level while cutting; not really trying to grow. I ran myself down and got sick last time from pushing everything too hard all at once right before I hit my final goal weight. I’m trying not to let that happen again.

We’ll see how it goes. When I get down to the last 15-20 lbs. or so I’ll go get a body fat test done to check LBM before it gets rough.

Honestly I loved eating on the vertical diet. I found it really cleared alot of my GI issues up and with allergies to "main" staples (peanuts and wheat) from past diets, I felt good. The bone broth with the ground beef and rice was great and the extra sodium helped.

What's your stats? Seems a little low to me calorie wise but I also found I was STARVING every 3 hours off 1.5 cups of jasmine and 6oz of cooked (roughly 8 or so oz raw). Then again I'm 218 atm and my body burns through rice like a mother fucker

Back