• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

What is the best exercises to really bring out the horseshoe in triceps

Maxmoto17

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What is your guys opinion of what exercise's will build big horse shoe tri

CGBP, JM presses, Skull crushers and of course Dips.

If I had to choose one, I would say Weighted Dips

What you're looking to develop are two of the three heads of the triceps muscle. The long head (closest to the body) and the lateral head. So what you want to focus on is different arm positions relative to your body. To focus on the long head you'll want exercises where your elbows are in front of your body as in over head or lying extensions To minimize the long head and hit the lateral head you'll want your arm basically in line with your body as with your regular cable press downs and dips.

Tricep pull downs and skull crushers work well for me.

On close grip bench if I'm just trying to hit my tris real hard is it better to do full rang of motion or just the top half of it?

for me full range always. And something people always say they do but don't, squeeze the shit out of your triceps and I guarantee you'll build a granite like density in there. One of my favorites for really shaping and bringing out the medial head is rope kickbacks.

for me full range always. And something people always say they do but don't, squeeze the shit out of your triceps and I guarantee you'll build a granite like density in there. One of my favorites for really shaping and bringing out the medial head is rope kickbacks.[/QUOTE]

I use rope kickbacks for warm up sets before tri's and chest. They really help isolate tri's and eliminate any elbow I use to get

I actually find that, while the exercise that are mentioned in all the above posts are my core, free weight triceo movements, really defining that "horseshoe" is best acheived by pushdowns, with a, outward flare at the lowest point off the pushdown:

triceps-pushdown-with-rope-1.giftriceps-pushdown-with-rope-2.gif

I alsmost always do this as the finishing exercise, and shoot for 12-15 reps. Good form

I actually find that, while the exercise that are mentioned in all the above posts are my core, free weight triceo movements, really defining that "horseshoe" is best acheived by pushdowns, with a, outward flare at the lowest point off the pushdown:

View attachment 3708View attachment 3709

I alsmost always do this as the finishing exercise, and shoot for 12-15 reps. Good form
I love this one. I usually hold it down 10-15 sec. for a good burn on the last set of reps. Good stuff bud.

IML Gear Cream!

View attachment 3708View attachment 3709

I agree with gsracer. The ropes at the end and really squeeze down at the bottom. I even do drop set. Nice in slow full range and squeeze the shit out of it!

Back