• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why whey isolate before bed?

aminoman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I was reading the June 2019 issue of Muscular Development and saw where Antoine Vaillant consumes whey protein isolate before bedtime, as opposed to casein protein. I've seen other pros do the same. Why would one want to consume a faster digesting protein at bedtime? I should also note that Antoine does add 1tsp of fish oil and I've seen other pros add almond or peanut butter to a pre bed whey shake, which would slow the digestion rate. I still just wonder why they would choose to use whey instead of casein. :thinking:

Possibly for better digestion. Isolate has little to no lactose. Some people have casein allergies also.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah, that's kind of what my thinking was.
Possibly for better digestion. Isolate has little to no lactose. Some people have casein allergies also.

you're not going to see any noticeable difference using casein over whey. However, you will see a difference in your body if you're eating real food over a supplement protein

I 100% agree.
you're not going to see any noticeable difference using casein over whey. However, you will see a difference in your body if you're eating real food over a supplement protein

I've seen studies and casein was the way to go over whey before bed . Personally by days end I'm happy to take a shake rather then a meal, settles better for me. I think people need to experiment and see what works best for them.

I've seen studies and casein was the way to go over whey before bed . Personally by days end I'm happy to take a shake rather then a meal, settles better for me. I think people need to experiment and see what works best for them.
I prefer a shake also before bed. Usually 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 cup egg whites or peanut butter and isolate, egg, casein protein blend from Truenutrition. When bulking I just add some oats.

That is similar to what I do, except I have 1 tbsp of almond butter and no oats. If I do oats at any time of the day, I start looking like a pregnant woman. Even for breakfast, I have brown rice instead of oats.
I prefer a shake also before bed. Usually 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 cup egg whites or peanut butter and isolate, egg, casein protein blend from Truenutrition. When bulking I just add some oats.

Exactly, shakes over way over rated. Only should be used if u have nothing else to eat for as a solid meal. IMO

Last edited:
Back