• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help my bitch ass calves

Tmart

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So they’re definitely lacking a bit compared to the rest of my body. I do legs about every 5-6 days and on leg day I do 5 sets of seated raises and 5 sets of the calf presses. Those are the only machines they have for calves at my gym. I’ve switched the order of them, done lighter weight, heavier weight, drop sets everything and they’ve grown a bit but not enough yet. What do I do? Is 10 sets too little? Do I throw calves in on another day like chest day? If I need more exercises what can I do, can use the leg press for them but that’s basically the same as the presses

So they’re definitely lacking a bit compared to the rest of my body. I do legs about every 5-6 days and on leg day I do 5 sets of seated raises and 5 sets of the calf presses. Those are the only machines they have for calves at my gym. I’ve switched the order of them, done lighter weight, heavier weight, drop sets everything and they’ve grown a bit but not enough yet. What do I do? Is 10 sets too little? Do I throw calves in on another day like chest day? If I need more exercises what can I do, can use the leg press for them but that’s basically the same as the presses
Try loaded stretches after you train them.

2 minutes of stretch under a load. It should be agonizing but, it has worked for a lot of guys.

Ok how do you suggest? On a leg press or something similar or standing on a plate or ledge type of thing?

Genetics.... my knees are screwed up but have solid calves and hardly work them out.

Genetics.... my knees are screwed up but have solid calves and hardly work them out.

I know that’s the truth. Like mine seem to grow sideways not backwards if that makes sense. Standing directly in front me they look good and wide. But standing from the side they look small and haven’t grown backwards a lot

Ok how do you suggest? On a leg press or something similar or standing on a plate or ledge type of thing?
Either is fine. I like the plate loaded sitting raise cause u can pick it up when you're about to die.

I've always had little calves too. I been training them everyday as part of my warm up.

We're on our feet everyday. The way I look at it they can be trained everyday
3fbf19da137c60c6655e2a0d4b67ab83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Either is fine. I like the plate loaded sitting raise cause u can pick it up when you're about to die.
Load up the Seated raise with a couple plates, don't need much, let the Calf stretch out and don't fight the weight. Just sit there and let them keep stretching.

Something you can focus on when training calves is how you're raising your feet.

Most people I see training Calves come up on the outside of their foot which transfers tension to the tibialis.

You want to keep the weight inward. Think of having a bottle between your ankles during the movement and try to not let that bottle fall out by keeping your ankles in. You can try it just standing and tell if you're in the bad habit.

I have my guys do Calf destruction sets. 10 rounds of 10 raises with weight, 10 raises with body weight. Back and forth no rest.

Weight raise, bw raise - 1
Weight raise, bw raise - 2

All the way to ten. The body weight portion is touch and go at the bottom and hard contraction at the top. Not bouncing off the floor though. Weighted raise is hard contraction, big stretch.

You'll end up having to help yourself up on the last few sets of bw raises. Weight used will be lighter as well.

Load up the Seated raise with a couple plates, don't need much, let the Calf stretch out and don't fight the weight. Just sit there and let them keep stretching.

Something you can focus on when training calves is how you're raising your feet.

Most people I see training Calves come up on the outside of their foot which transfers tension to the tibialis.

You want to keep the weight inward. Think of having a bottle between your ankles during the movement and try to not let that bottle fall out by keeping your ankles in. You can try it just standing and tell if you're in the bad habit.

I have my guys do Calf destruction sets. 10 rounds of 10 raises with weight, 10 raises with body weight. Back and forth no rest.

All the way to ten. The body weight portion is touch and go at the bottom and hard contraction at the top. Not bouncing off the floor though. Weighted raise is hard contraction, big stretch.

You'll end up having to help yourself up on the last few sets of bw raises. Weight used will be lighter as well.
Very valuable info. Thank you

I do calves on arms day 3 sets of 60 calve raises standing
20 w toes straight
20 w toes outward
20 w toes inward

ironlion@keemail.me (email)
ironlion-labs.net

IML Gear Cream!

Thank you bro I appreciate it, I will try all of this. I’ll probably hit them again on another day between my normal leg days as well.

Yours look good turkey bacon!!

Back