• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sanitation Question

Milford King

ASF World Champion
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The following story and question there after is hypothetical and for educational purposes.

so I know a guy.....
who stores his gear in a hard plastic camera case. He separates his vials with cotton balls inside the case to prevent glass on glass contact. He also turns this case sideways for inconspicuous storage purposes. He has discovered a few of these older bottles have what looks like remnants of ‘rubber’ stoppers in them. He assumes this is from the breakdown of the stoppers as they are in contact with the solvents used in the gear while sideways in storage.

Are there single use filtering devices that can be attached to a drawing pin that will ease his mind if/when he decides to use them?

The reason is that it’s affected a few hundred dollars worth of gear and he assumes since these vials are sealed and have not been pierced that they still exist in a sterile environment so the filtering method would be a way of keeping parts of the stoppers out when injecting as well as give the user piece of mind and also allow for the sterile condition of the vial to still be effective on storing the compound ( he doesn’t want to filter and transfer just filter before use).

i know he should just toss them and re-up but he hates the idea of wasting good juice. So let’s entertain this idea and point him in the right direction. Please?

Thanks.

( he is a lot like I am)

Love, MK ♥️

If you really worried about them your best bet would be to toss them and buy new. You could try whatman syringe filters but they dont sterilize just filter particles out and wouldn't be cost effective unless you filter and rebottle all at the same time

Syringe filters are the way to go. Surprised more haven't chimed in on this. IIRC, .22 filter will catch it all. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Syringe filters are the way to go. Surprised more haven't chimed in on this. IIRC, .22 filter will catch it all. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks boss man. I will be looking into this soon.

If you really worried about them your best bet would be to toss them and buy new. You could try whatman syringe filters but they dont sterilize just filter particles out and wouldn't be cost effective unless you filter and rebottle all at the same time

Whatman .22 will sterilize the gear (as long as it was sterile to begin with). A .45 will filter out most particles though if the guy is confident it'sterile. Just make sure you get the right type of syringe filter membrane if harsh solvents like guaiacol or EO were used (EO is the only one I know of that eats stoppers) otherwise the filter membrane will be compromised as well. The link below should cover most every solvent out there.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.ebay.com/itm/CELLTREAT-Syringe-Filter-PTFE-Ind-Wrapped-0-22-m-30-Case-Sterile-229757/161711938484?epid=660117322&hash=item25a6c85bb4:g:qNYAAOSwhcJWHSK2[/FONT]

Back