• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

When you hit a wall what do you do?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Let's hear some feedback from our members in which they could share for other readers..

When you hit a wall head on with your training or your diet, what do you do? What suggestions would you give to someone in the same circumstance...

To simplify things.. let's say the individual has at least two years on the grind with dieting and training..

Periodization training helps prevent from hitting a wall...

But assuming someone is at a point where there is no longer significant gains? A change has to be made. As Arnold once said, "Do what you have always done, and get what you have always gotten."

I personally have felt this way as of late. And I have been working with lighter weights at higher reps with a concentration on how it feels. But this change is bc I almost always go heavy on every body part on every workout.

Even changing your gym is a nice change. Some different equipment. Different environment.

Regroup, refocus, find your edge again and set realistic goals....most importantly find a way to enjoy yourself and make sure it stays enjoyable by changing things up.

Sometimes you have to take a break. Just don't fall into the "2 weeks" turns into 2 years.

Having said that, sometimes you have to just grind through to get to the other side. A lot of walls are temporary...you just need to make the effort to get through. Don't feel like working out? Go anyway. A half-hearted workout is better than no workout at all. And a lot of times you'll find the spark once you get in there and get started. Same with diet. That pizza may taste awesome right now, but it's temporary. Fifteen minutes later, the thrill is gone and now you've set yourself back. Was it truly worth it?

I analyzed this in myself recently. Today is a new day. I have this day as an opportunity to improve myself. If I don't do it, I've only let myself down. No one can do it for me. Not doing it today, means I am another day behind in achieving my goals. Don't let present self screw future self over. Consistency is always the key. We all have our demons we battle, just make sure you don't lose the war.

When the wall happens, and it happens during almost every serious run I simply stop training and take like 3 days off in a row to regroup and get completely refreshed. If it's diet then I take a couple of days to just eat whatever I want and feel guilty about it later, and then I get back to eating as clean as possible., If it's training then I spend the time off looking at why I'm stuck and make changes. Usually if it's training it's because I've been spending to much time lifting heavy and not enough time targeting the muscle as opposed to just pounding it. So I go back and leave the ego in the car and concentrate on reps and muscle pumps instead of max weights

I know this may sound corny but when I hit a wall with training or diet, I sit down and write. Sometimes I am able to get the reason out of my head without sitting here psychoanalyzing it in my head. Some how, putting things down on paper and getting it out of my head allows me to find the answer. I don’t hold back and I don’t think about what I’m writing. I just write. I let the pen do all the work.

This actually applies to the walls I’ve hit in life too. Recently, back in October, I lost my grandma on Oct 22 and then my dad the next morning less than 12 hours later on Oct 23, ended a horrible relationship on Oct 28, fell into a rut of depression, then my grandpa passed away Dec 23 and then on New Year’s Eve my dog got out of the yard and was hit by a car- he was scared from all the fireworks. Needless to say, I was quite depressed and my outlet at the time was writing. I filled two separate three subject notebooks full of journaling. Coupled with meditation, this is an extremely powerful tool for me.

I agree with what’s been said about taking a couple days off to recoup maybe eat some food you’re not supposed to and feel guilty about it later. I’ve noticed that after dieting for a while, my stomach has gotten smaller and I can’t stomach those foods not on my diet. I end up regretting it and then realize I’m not missing out on anything and these foods will be here for when I “can” eat whatever I want on a cheat meal.

When I hit a place in my diet where I want to cheat, I apply the same ideology that I do when it comes to staying away from drugs. I tell myself, “not today but maybe tomorrow.” I know that sounds odd but it works for me. Usually by the next day I don’t even have that desire to cheat or use.

Alright! I’m done! Hope this helps someone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

add moar weight and moar food.

Take a week off , visit the chiro , have a few cheat meals .
Maybe get bloodwork ...

Kick the damn walk down aka up the test and tren haha all jokes aside I try to realize and figure out why I’ve plateaued. If it’s diet it’s usually easy to figure out and fix. If it’s training it could be several factors such as sleep, off time, recovery, intensity, and well even diet. I try to pin point what exactly it is causing the plateau and possibly consider adding some orals into the mix.

IML Gear Cream!
Let's hear some feedback from our members in which they could share for other readers..

When you hit a wall head on with your training or your diet, what do you do? What suggestions would you give to someone in the same circumstance...

To simplify things.. let's say the individual has at least two years on the grind with dieting and training..
You mean from a progress standpoint or just a mental standpoint?

I know this may sound corny but when I hit a wall with training or diet, I sit down and write. Sometimes I am able to get the reason out of my head without sitting here psychoanalyzing it in my head. Some how, putting things down on paper and getting it out of my head allows me to find the answer. I don’t hold back and I don’t think about what I’m writing. I just write. I let the pen do all the work.

This actually applies to the walls I’ve hit in life too. Recently, back in October, I lost my grandma on Oct 22 and then my dad the next morning less than 12 hours later on Oct 23, ended a horrible relationship on Oct 28, fell into a rut of depression, then my grandpa passed away Dec 23 and then on New Year’s Eve my dog got out of the yard and was hit by a car- he was scared from all the fireworks. Needless to say, I was quite depressed and my outlet at the time was writing. I filled two separate three subject notebooks full of journaling. Coupled with meditation, this is an extremely powerful tool for me.

I agree with what’s been said about taking a couple days off to recoup maybe eat some food you’re not supposed to and feel guilty about it later. I’ve noticed that after dieting for a while, my stomach has gotten smaller and I can’t stomach those foods not on my diet. I end up regretting it and then realize I’m not missing out on anything and these foods will be here for when I “can” eat whatever I want on a cheat meal.

When I hit a place in my diet where I want to cheat, I apply the same ideology that I do when it comes to staying away from drugs. I tell myself, “not today but maybe tomorrow.” I know that sounds odd but it works for me. Usually by the next day I don’t even have that desire to cheat or use.

Alright! I’m done! Hope this helps someone!

I fucking love every thing about your post.

You mean from a progress standpoint or just a mental standpoint?

Both mentally and physically.. I know for myself from a physical progress standpoint my mental state has a huge dictation on where I'm at and where I'm going..
For myself I sometimes become too narrow minded, I'm balls deep and I'm overanalyzing everything and anything sometimes making things more complex than they should be... Simplicity.. simplicity goes out the window..

Below is something I said on the same topic but a different form -

In this lifestyle we put ourself on the grind daily breaking ourselves down in the sake of self-improvement.. that's madness, but yet beautiful!

We can only go guns a-blazing for so long.. in my network I'm fortunate enough to know a lot of top tier contenders/champions in combative sports, even these guys who are who's who's take a little bit of a break here and there...

A state of well-being with mental clarity should come first and foremost... Besides our bodies needing a break,I feel that its equally or more important mentally to just unplug..

Sometimes our best thinking and decision-making comes at moments when we step away.. we approach things differently..

Let's here with the rest of you have to say about this.. I don't think there is any real or wrong answer to this it all depends on the individual.. now we could break this down even further on what to do when hitting plateaus or going face-first into that wall. Let's keep it simple. Let's hear what you do when you find yourself at a stagnant point!!!

Take a break. When my body dismorphia kicks in after a few days, I get right back to it.

Look for some strange thotiana and bounce back :)

What about us married guys eh? Lmao. Joking aside, there was a new, thicker latina chick in the gym yesterday. Cute, just a lil thicker, very poundable in my opinion though. Does make you push yourself a little harder seeing something you want to pounce on.

As far a training, I like to switch up my routine. Rotate different exercises or different weights and reps. I believe Arnold called it muscle confusion. Keep them fuckers guessing.

What about us married guys eh? Lmao. Joking aside, there was a new, thicker latina chick in the gym yesterday. Cute, just a lil thicker, very poundable in my opinion though. Does make you push yourself a little harder seeing something you want to pounce on.

As far a training, I like to switch up my routine. Rotate different exercises or different weights and reps. I believe Arnold called it muscle confusion. Keep them fuckers guessing.

Be careful with them latinas bro they’ll cut ya lol. They great in bed though.

Get Shredded!
I agree....tossing your load on a new canvas really supercharges your mental state and thus energizing your workouts.

More strange.....

I didnt read that right this morning....Tossing your load on a new canvas, pretty funny stuff.

Be careful with them latinas bro they’ll cut ya lol. They great in bed though.

For sure bruh, I married one. And yes, she has pulled a knife a couple of times. only cut once though taking it away, not bad, more of a scratch. She was a hot lil piece when I met her, great sex, laughed at all my jokes and was down to fuck anytime, any hole, anywhere. I honestly believe she now has hormone inbalance, but good luck telling someone that and getting them to pull blood work. Looking to trade her in on a newer model with less miles and more of a sense of humor. Lmao. The gym chick did look somewhat interested. To be Continued.........

You dog you.....

send pics of that hispanic ass. One of my all time favorite views.

I know right. I have an affliction for those perma-tan bootys and accents. Couple that with a bad attitude and narcisistic tendencies, Im in love. Lmao.
Dated the Mexican for 9 months...booty calls for over a year after. The sex is passionate and intense just like the attitude. The way my wad stood out while it rested on her sweet, round and brown ass cheeks, just incredible!

She had had a short temper. Sleep with one eye open kinda thing. Yikes

Gentlemen let's get back on topic you horny bastards..lol

Seriously I would like to hear some more point of views on what people do when they hit their personal wall. That wall could be whatever obstacle that comes your way while on the grind and it falls under the spectrum of everything..

Honestly, time off and away doing fun things.

for me, I love being outdoors so hiking, kayaking, trail riding on the atv... when the stress hits hard and the gym starts feeling like a chore I take a break and try to enjoy just being alive.

Always come back to the grind recharged and ready to go.

For me personally, when I hit a wall, I will incorporate a long term water fast to heal my gut, reset my metabolism, and get back my mental clarity. I stay on cycle to prevent any muscle loss / gluconeogenesis, but take a week off the gym. A 7 day water fast is plenty. I'm on day two of a 7 day water fast right now. I will lose 10 lbs of fat / water, lose zero strength, think more clearly, and reevaluate my goals.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think any wall/plateau is mostly mental. If you're consistently training/eating to hit your goals you will continue to progress IMO. Even if your workout routine remains stagnant, as long as you keep increasing the volume and eating for your goals you will progress. Just keep trucking on and things will happen. I hit points where I feel like my physique hasn't improved or my weight/strength/size/definition etc hasn't improved in months. Rather than do the common "shock your body" method and switching everything up....I just stay my course, and eventually the results come again. Your body has a natural cycle to it....you can't keep gaining 100% of the time. Once in a while your body will need to take a nap and things will get stagnant for a bit, even if you are increasing your volume and eating more, your body will just slow itself down and you likely won't see much in results for a while. Just stay the course, power through and it will wake up stronger than before.

A nice Vacation for a week helps me physically and mentally, especially when I’ve been going hard for long periods.

Max

Back