• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Hot plate to warm oil pre-pin

Yes I use a heating pad. I wrap the vials in the pad and heat it up for about 15 mins or so. Originally I did it to only the crashed gear, but then when I saw how smooth the injections went, I used heat all of the time.

If I really have to warm up the gear in order to use it... fuck it. Not worth the trouble.

I keep my gear in the basement because my wife doesn’t really care for it. Out of sight out of mind kind of thing. It doesn’t crash but it can get a bit sluggish.

I’m planning on getting a hot plate with a magnetic stirrer anyway because... science. I was just curious if anyone that had one used it for this purpose and/or if they had any tips.

Like what temp do you set it on to get it flowing nice and smooth? Can you get it thin enough to use a slin pin? How hot can the oil be before it is noticeably too warm going in? I assume it cools down really quickly in the syringe and in the needle. Anything interesting like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually will put the syringe a cup of hot water while I shower. It’s good to go when I’m done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just run the barrel of the syringe under hot water for a few seconds.

Yes I use a heating pad. I wrap the vials in the pad and heat it up for about 15 mins or so. Originally I did it to only the crashed gear, but then when I saw how smooth the injections went, I used heat all of the time.
I like that idea. I'm gonna try that. I don't like getting the vials near unsterile tap water, and the heating pad method would keep the vials dry and away from water.

Good point. I currently just warm the barrel under hot water. I always pre-wipe the tops of the vials and post with alcohol. More so a peace of mind.

I realize I may be a little late in saying this but give a hair dryer a try. It heats the oil pretty quick and there’s virtually no chance of contamination. Use an alcohol pad on the top of the vial before and after you draw out your oil to clean it. You can even reheat the oil in the syringe. Just recap the needle prior to doing so. Hope this helps.

I'll use a hair dryer to warm up the oil already loaded in a pin

Back