• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Back pain

XOTG85

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For the last two weeks I’ve had this nagging back pain midway where my lats meet but more to the right side it seems. I’ve been stretching and going lighter but it’s still persistent. Is s chiropractor my best bet ?

For the last two weeks I’ve had this nagging back pain midway where my lats meet but more to the right side it seems. I’ve been stretching and going lighter but it’s still persistent. Is s chiropractor my best bet ?
Could have something out of place, maybe a rib, or it's just getting adhesions. You tried using a lacrosse ball to work out any knots? I just lay one underneath me where it hurts and pin the spot down, then use my arm on that side to kinda stretch my lat over it to work it out. Helps me a lot, keeps my back and glutes loosened up. If I slack and don't do it I'm in a lot of pain by a week or two. It's kinda crazy

a Chiropractor isn't a bad idea at all. I've found that if I employ a 30 second hang from a chin-up bar with a narrow grip, into my daily stretching routine, it helps. I think that sometimes those those vertabre in the middle of the spine can become compressed, and they need to be pulled apart using your body weight. There have been numerous times when during the first ten seconds that I'm hanging from a chin-up bar to stretch, I hear a crack coming from the middle of my spine. It feels good.

a Chiropractor isn't a bad idea at all. I've found that if I employ a 30 second hang from a chin-up bar with a narrow grip, into my daily stretching routine, it helps. I think that sometimes those those vertabre in the middle of the spine can become compressed, and they need to be pulled apart using your body weight. There have been numerous times when during the first ten seconds that I'm hanging from a chin-up bar to stretch, I hear a crack coming from the middle of my spine. It feels good.

I do this as well. Middle to upper spine cracks like crazy. I also bend over and grab my legs, I can touch the floor but usually grab the back of my legs to get more stretch and it will get those hard to crack areas in my upper back as well.

100% agree with chiro. If you've never used one before, ask around. If you can't get enough recommendations, ask the chiro (or whoever answers the phone) if they mainly use machines or if they are "hands on". A good chiro is hands on and "should" be able to get you back in place in one visit. They might use a couple of machines to loosen you up, but they should get to cracking after that. If they start hemming and hawing about xrays first, multiple adjustments, etc, move on to the next one.

I would visit the Chiro bro, try to make it a habit at least once per month. Its not expensive and your body will thank you..

100% agree with chiro. If you've never used one before, ask around. If you can't get enough recommendations, ask the chiro (or whoever answers the phone) if they mainly use machines or if they are "hands on". A good chiro is hands on and "should" be able to get you back in place in one visit. They might use a couple of machines to loosen you up, but they should get to cracking after that. If they start hemming and hawing about xrays first, multiple adjustments, etc, move on to the next one.
I agree with the "hands-on" point you've made. Some of them barely want to touch you at all, and so their treatment isn't even close to being as effective. A good effective Chiro with go right at it and crack that spine. it feels great.

I think you should go for a visit a few times during the initial week, but after that, it usually isn't neccessary. Most of them will have their receptionist set you up with multiple appointments over the following 3 weeks after your first appointment is concluded, but that's not a problem. I just tell them that I'll call them back for the future appointments cuz I have a busy scheduel and that's that.

The least aggressive the better, IMO.

Continue stretching (look up quadratus lumborum stretches)....and give it time. All injuries require time and that includes a muscle that has been strained.

I know a "quick fix" is what we all want sometimes. And the idea of a quick crack by a chiro can be appealing. But if it isn't a facet joint that is hypomobile, it won't help a strained muscle. Dig?

Could have something out of place, maybe a rib, or it's just getting adhesions. You tried using a lacrosse ball to work out any knots? I just lay one underneath me where it hurts and pin the spot down, then use my arm on that side to kinda stretch my lat over it to work it out. Helps me a lot, keeps my back and glutes loosened up. If I slack and don't do it I'm in a lot of pain by a week or two. It's kinda crazy

I have tried a roller but never a lacrosse ball. That is a very good idea though.

I do this on back day but maybe I need to try it more often in my stretches.

IML Gear Cream!
The least aggressive the better, IMO.

Continue stretching (look up quadratus lumborum stretches)....and give it time. All injuries require time and that includes a muscle that has been strained.

I know a "quick fix" is what we all want sometimes. And the idea of a quick crack by a chiro can be appealing. But if it isn't a facet joint that is hypomobile, it won't help a strained muscle. Dig?

Agreed brother! I’m going to give it more time before going that route. I’ve always had knee problems and a few repairs even done but never any back pains until now. Getting old sucks :(

Back