• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

90years track cyclist failed doping test

domestic-supply

us-domesticsupply.to
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Positive doping tests for amateur cyclists are not unheard of. Indeed they have become all too common in recent years. But it is rare for the guilty party to be a 90-year-old.
Cycling fans were raising a quizzical eyebrow after Carl Grove, a Masters champion from Bristol, Indiana, was handed a public warning by the United States Anti-Doping Agency after testing positive for epitrenbolone on July 11 last year.
Grove, the oldest participant at the Masters Track National Championships, had set a world record in the men’s 90-94 sprint category. He was stripped of the title after testing positive for metabolite epitrenbolone, the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) said.

He claimed that ingesting contaminated meat the evening before competing was “more likely than not” the reason for his positive, pointing out that he had provided a clean sample the day before. Usada dismissed his argument, stripping him of his record.
While investigating the source of his positive test, Usada also determined that a supplement Grove was using prior to July 11, 2018, was contaminated with clomiphene, another prohibited substance.

I say let the old guy have some fun for fucks sake!

Epitrenbolone? For endurance?.....hmmm.....

Why pick on a jacked grandpa?

I know this isn't it..but...

ironmaglabs_epi_tren.jpg

He’s 90!! Dayyymmm!!!! I hope when I’m 90 and I want to go do something this intense I could always pin some tren and play some paintball ..lol

IML Gear Cream!
He’s 90!! Dayyymmm!!!! I hope when I’m 90 and I want to go do something this intense I could always pin some tren and play some paintball ..lol
I know of guys who are in their 80s who can move serious weight in the gym and look darn good for their age. In fact one of them worked on his house and even climbing onto the roof to patch it. Not too sure if they still pin though lol.

USADA... what a waste of money. Way to go Gramps!
Hope some people go to bat for this guy and gets him his title and medals back. To me this is all a witch hunt and picking on an old man is low as fuck.

I say let the old guy have some fun for fucks sake!

Epitrenbolone? For endurance?.....hmmm.....

I know this isn't it..but...

ironmaglabs_epi_tren.jpg

Probably not, could be trenbolone metabolite..
It was epitrenbolone.

***(Copy/paste from my post on a similar thread)***

I don't think he was taking the epi-tren supplement/prohormone.

EpiTrenbolone is the metabolite that tren breaks down to in your body and is excreted in your urine. That's what they test for in your urine. You won't piss out actual tren when you use it but you will piss out metabolites and bi-products such as epitrenbolone which is what they test for.

And there's no way this guy got popped for tainted meat lol. The timeline between when the animal is slaughtered to when the beef hits the supermarket is about 3-4 weeks usually. Which is more than enough time for the hormone to break down. And even of 0 breakdown occurred during this time....the amount of actual hormone in a piece of steak would be less than negligible. Not to mention eating tren is highly inefficient and most of it would get destroyed by your live
r.

This guy was doping for sure.

Back