• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Nutrition advice for a woman

Nocode8511

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
A coworker asked me to help her eat a little healthier and workout recently. She's been tracking with myfitnesspal and it's saying 1200 calories daily. Breakdown is 90g carb, 120 prot, and 40g fat. I don't know if this is the norm for women so I'm looking for help. Stats are 155lbs, 5'4, 43yo. She's hitting the gym and cardio so she's taking it seriously.

That looks pretty good if she is accurately tracking her eating and doing cardio with at least some moderate intensity. She ought to be dropping weight at better than two pounds a week from a starting position at 155. Is she?

Also, is it real food, or marketing bullshit? Powders and other nonsense, or eggs and fish and chicken and steak and oats and rice and . . . that's what I am asking.

Looks great, add almonds, mixed nuts, alkalines/fruits and good fats, imo.

That's a 40/30/30 split at 1200 calories, not horrible but it's a guessing game without a picture, goals, or more information. I know lots of women with similar stats that look fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1200 is too low. just saying. especially starting out. you've got no where to go

That's a 40/30/30 split at 1200 calories, not horrible but it's a guessing game without a picture, goals, or more information. I know lots of women with similar stats that look fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I agree...knowing her percentage of bf is more valuable then just knowing her "weight."

Afterall, her goal is dropping bf% and not just "weight."

1200 is too low. just saying. especially starting out. you've got no where to go

^^^So true.

Possibly just starting out learning to use the app religiously. I know my wife started something similar and it’s going to take some getting used to tracking everything. She is about at 80% now, but getting her routine down as each week goes by.

I swear, diet has been the hardest for me over the years. Learning foods, amounts, and how hard it is to eat. Someone wise told me when I was young, and said to him I was going to gain 10lbs lean muscle, to go pick up a piece of 10lbs meat at the grocery store. And I would quickly know the job that was in front of me. No different for losing weight. I did this same example for my wife, who is wanting to lose.

LowT

You need her baseline macros ... then start a deficit. Adjust as she progresses

Exactly.
Better to start by eating 200-300 kcals less per day and adjust as she stalls.

IML Gear Cream!
This seems pretty healthy to me. I think if she sticks to it consistently, she will definitely see results. This was always an issue for me. I get bored of one diet very quickly, and I don’t follow a specific path regularly. This why, my results are also not that impressive probably. But I’m trying to work on that. This is also what I read on this rd blog a few weeks ago. This online platform offers great information for people that are interested in health, diets and nutrition. I truly think that the information there is reliable, and I try to follow it as much as I can. Maybe you would also find more accurate insights on this topic there.

Back