• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Training for Size

TJRiggs

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What do you guys think would be the best way to train for size? I was thinking to pick a weight that you would go almost to failure on in your 8th or 9th rep and get those last 4 or 5 reps that would be the growth reps. Then maybe start cutting the rest periods down.

6 rep range, compound lifts, hit each muscle group 2x a week, higher frequency lower volume, calorie surplus.

deca, test, dbol or anadrol

I always stay between 4 and 6 range and free wights only.

Alternating between 3-6 reps with 75-85% 1RM and 10-12 with 50%1RM on compound movements will help. But incorporating techniques like drop sets, pyramid sets, supersets, and giant sets is what really helps me.

What do you guys think would be the best way to train for size? I was thinking to pick a weight that you would go almost to failure on in your 8th or 9th rep and get those last 4 or 5 reps that would be the growth reps. Then maybe start cutting the rest periods down.
First get strong with the compounds.

Hypertrophy then
..time under tension bro.Try 30 second sets.It works to grow muscle.

Dropsets,rest pause..intensity techniques that extend the length of your sets all work.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for your advice guys. Starting a Test/Deca/Dbol cycle soon, looking to gain as much mass as possible. Diet is fined tuned and will be adding meals every week until 4000 calorie daily intake is reached. Been off all AAS for the last 4 months, so this should be a good one

Last edited:
Train to failure with compound lifts along with proper nutrition.

First get strong with the compounds.

Hypertrophy then
..time under tension bro.Try 30 second sets.It works to grow muscle.

Dropsets,rest pause..intensity techniques that extend the length of your sets all work.

What did you mean by "30 second sets"??? You lost me on that one. Did you mean to say 30 second reps? I like using drop sets myself, and ocassionally some rest/pause work too.

This. Should always try to train to failure. Size dictates what your diet is

Time under tension.30 second sets yes.You know i did put on alot of muscle first with heavy compound lifts.
I made it to the 1500lb club.
But for me when I started to experiment with longer and extended sets then I truly went to that level we all know or want.

On the flip side I also have loads of new muscle growth with short rest periods between sets.started with 60seconds then played with 45,30 and 15 second rest sets.
Again this is all just shit that's worked for me in the last few years for that extra pop.

The greatest muscle protein synthesis occurs after failure with resistance exercise. You can train to failure using different intensities. Varying intensity is just another type of periodization. Intensity isnt the amount of grunting you do but the percentage of your 1RM.

The greatest muscle protein synthesis occurs after failure with resistance exercise. You can train to failure using different intensities. Varying intensity is just another type of periodization. Intensity isnt the amount of grunting you do but the percentage of your 1RM.
Spoken like a true old man

6 rep range, compound lifts, hit each muscle group 2x a week, higher frequency lower volume, calorie surplus.

Solid answer here!!

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Alternating between 3-6 reps with 75-85% 1RM and 10-12 with 50%1RM on compound movements will help. But incorporating techniques like drop sets, pyramid sets, supersets, and giant sets is what really helps me.
Along with some static holds and some nice slow negatives.
Slow negatives after failing in positives can creates real rep failure! As in use a spot to get through the positive, then do the nevative part of the rep yourself!!!

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Yes sir.... one of my only good qualities... the ability to listen and learn and apply :)

I'm going to put this into practice, I was looking up and researching compound exercises. All of the compound exercises seem to be part of the big 6. Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press, ect. build size, Thanks guys for all of your input.

Super High Intensity Training is the best for size.

I do not think there is a correct answer. The studies are all over the place. After reading a lot of them, I STILL think there is no set answer. Individuals might react differently to the same rep ranges. Even different body parts might react differently on the same person. For example, one guy might need 20 reps per set on legs to get maximum growth, but 8-12 on upper body, while another guy gets maximum growth from 12 reps on legs and not 20.

And that same person might benefit from varying them. Perhaps after a month of hitting 20 reps, a couple weeks of 6-12 rep range might add growth really quickly just due to the change.

Get Shredded!
I have experience spurts of rapid growth at times from varying rep ranges. Dropping to 5-8 reps for low sets or increasing reps up to 15-20 for more sets, just as an example. That spurt levels off after a short while of keeping things the same.

And of course whatever training you do, if it is "best way for size," should be accompanied by lots of insulin, growth hormone, and AAS. Just sayin' :)

Deca and tren only cycles work best

If with heavy weight , that's a recipe for disaster for your joints and lovely injuries waiting to happen.

10-12 reps with time under tension , pyramid sets , drops sets all work just fine.

I come to find out anything under 8 reps is just asking for trouble .
It's why so many guys have alot of injuries.

If I can look and stay sexy with no Injuries, I'm golden.

Ronnie is a perfect example not tongo hardcore with heavy.

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

Ronnie is a perfect example of how to irresponsibly abuse drugs and your body but hardly one to show lifting to failure, even with heavy weights will result in his condition.
Progressive overload, done correctly, even at higher intensities can be done safely.

Back