• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

ART Topic 11/29/18 Weak Body Parts

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So what are everyone's thoughts on weak body parts?

How do you bring them up and, should you REALLY be focusing on them? Is it needed at your current development?

Let's hear it.

I am no expert.

I am a slender built ecto, so it is always a struggle with arms and legs.

Legs I just happened upon training that worked best after I had some nagging pain in the knees.

Basically pyramid training legs works best. I start low weights with high reps and work up to the heavier weights with low reps and that turns out to be best way to grow them. My calves? What I see is what I get, no matter how I train them they have never grown much, damn genetics.....and old age :)

As to arms I have to change it up constantly. No one best method but 5X5, high volume free weights, high volume cables and machines, arm specific training day, all help stimulate growth.

Nothing huh?
Weak or lagging in volume?

I'll assume you mean lagging..

I would go through phases where I would hit that body part twice a week on top of hitting it a 3rd time but not hard, just enough to stimulate it.. long as I was keeping blood volume in there and activating it, I always noticed drastic changes in considerable time

My chest, without a doubt. And my core. Always had high visceral fat so even when I had abs I never had a good v-shape. My chest never seemed to be good enough visually for me. Always seemed too flat....I want that shelf look, ya know?

My chest, without a doubt. And my core. Always had high visceral fat so even when I had abs I never had a good v-shape. My chest never seemed to be good enough visually for me. Always seemed too flat....I want that shelf look, ya know?

Sounds like we have similar body types, my chest has always been the least developed body part. I’d be interested to hear some of yalls methods for getting lagging body parts to grow, great topic monte

Well, for what it's worth...

My chest lagged for years when I was younger. Really bad. Far behind the rest of my body. Training wise, what I found that seemed to work was to put that body part first trained in the week, and always use a continually changing routine/exercises in the 8-12 rep range with some intensity techniques like drop sets or what have you as well as some heavier sets in the 4-6 rep range thrown in. Then, on Friday, I would have another chest pump session, all between the 15-25 rep range, 3-4 exercises with 3-4 sets each with a total of 12 sets. Very similar to what I'm doing now. This, along with some preworkout insulin/GH on those days brought my chest from my weakest part to overpowering my shoulders and arms lol. I attribute the majority of the change to the training, but there's no doubt the insulin helped. But like most, I don't recommend the insulin unless you're extremely keen on your body's response and are willing to take a significant risk that could have potentially long lasting negative effects...think strange hypoglycemia problems like mine.

But the training is the big part. In my experience, you have to pay close attention to your connective tissue health when putting increased strain on a particular bodypart, especially for periods lasting longer than 4 weeks, to ensure you don't injure yourself. Otherwise you might end up overtraining that particular muscle group and go backwards with injuries instead of seeing improvement.

Just my two cents for what it's worth!

Back