• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

FDA finds traces of heavy metals in kratom products

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
FDA finds traces of heavy metals in kratom products

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Tuesday it had found high levels of heavy metals such as lead and nickel in some kratom products, following field investigations.

The regulator has been clamping down on the substance, which advocates say help ease pain and reduce symptoms of opioid withdrawal, but which the FDA says has similar effects to narcotics such as opioids and has resulted in dozens of deaths.

Levels of metal in kratom-based products would likely not result in poisoning based on single use, but could cause people to suffer if used persistently, FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb said.

"The findings of identifying heavy metals in kratom only strengthen our public health warnings around this substance," Gottlieb said here in a statement.

While kratom is not controlled under the Federal Controlled Substances Act, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration has listed it as a “drug and chemical of concern”.

Leaves of the kratom tree, native to Southeast Asia, can be used as a stimulant or sedative.

The FDA said it was contacting the companies marketing kratom products to inform them of the metal testing results.

The agency has in the past issued warnings against companies marketing these products for opioid use disorder, and has warned of high rates of salmonella in the products.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-finds-traces-of-heavy-metals-in-kratom-products.amp?

Attachments

• kratom.jpg
    kratom.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 48
There is a contradiction

The title of article says *trace* amount while the report says *high levels* of lead and nickel. How high is high and where are the test results?

I keep saying this but heavy metals are a naturally occurring substance and surround us in our daily life.

Do excess amounts of heavy metals negatively impact us? Yes, but need the details to prove it.

And the boogie man lives under your bed! Just scare tactics.

And like Skip said, the stuff is everywhere. Probably just as much in most of our drinking water, ffs.

would be nice if the FDA did regulate these products. We really don't know the validity of labels on protein powders and supplements. There was all those class action lawsuit settlements on various whey protein companies for "amino acid spiking".

would be nice if the FDA did regulate these products. We really don't know the validity of labels on protein powders and supplements. There was all those class action lawsuit settlements on various whey protein companies for "amino acid spiking".

What ever the government touches,they fuck up! You as an adult should know what you are doing and not doing. If something is no good, don’t buy it! If you are so worried about taking something, don’t take it! Keep the government out of the American people’s business. We don’t need another mommy and daddy.

What ever the government touches,they fuck up! You as an adult should know what you are doing and not doing. If something is no good, don’t buy it! If you are so worried about taking something, don’t take it! Keep the government out of the American people’s business. We don’t need another mommy and daddy.

Heroin for everybody!

:)

I have trave heavy metals in my well water. But it hasn't made any impact on my blood levels at all last they checked a couple years ago. Much higher chance of acute heavy metal poisoning from things like direct contact with solvents than dietary intake, except heavy contamination of mercury in fish from certain bodies of water. Big difference between trace amounts and heavy contamination.

I've had heavy metal poisoning before from solvents and fish. Activated charcoal and chelation isn't a whole lot of fun. But neither is heavy metal poisoning and it's associated nervous system problems...

I’d be much much much more concerned about HM in the Chinese chems/hormones were here for if you’re going to worry about HM.

Back