• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Increase deadlift?

liveswole

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I been stuck at 495 for awhile I do many variations etc..what's some good tips or routines that worked for u to increase my dead

Straps ? Im sure with that kinda weight your already using them . That what came to mind tho

For me, when I get stuck on deads...I switch up to rack deads and go heavy as fuck. That always seems to break me through after awhile.

^^^^rack pulls heavy. Each time lowering it a few inches till you hit the floor.

You can try going the other way also. Go lighter and lift from a deficit and work weight up.

Rotate between the two and use speed sets with bands if available to work on explosiveness.

Work on stiffleg deads hard and heavy.

Probably several other things to try also but can't think of any right now.

^^^^rack pulls heavy. Each time lowering it a few inches till you hit the floor.

You can try going the other way also. Go lighter and lift from a deficit and work weight up.

Rotate between the two and use speed sets with bands if available to work on explosiveness.

Work on stiffleg deads hard and heavy.

Probably several other things to try also but can't think of any right now.

Boom

I pull conventional. For me the sticking point is at the knees so I need to be strong off the floor to pull past it.

I like to do deadlifts standing on a 2" block until I'm about 5 weeks from the meet. I do these heavy in the 3-5 rep range.

I also like to do deadlifts to the knees with about 65-75 percent of my PR. I do these in the 4-6 rep range getting 15-30 total reps. These help me way more than speed pulls.

Unless you're missing the last couple of inches I've found rack pulls to be pretty useless. There is also no need to go over 110 percent of your PR from the floor.

It really depends where/why you are missing. If you miss past the knees, then yeah pulling from the racks or block can help. If you miss at the knees you need to improve your strength from the floor.

If the OP can say where he is missing, we might be able to help more.

Definitely on the rack deads! Also if pulling from a deficit or the floor try alternating rack deads with snatch grip deads. Those light my upper back up like nothing else!

Back